News Forum - Covid-19 Thursday: 112 deaths, 11,276 infections, provincial totals

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 11,276 new Covid-19 infections, a change of +1,212 since yesterday, and 112 Coronavirus-related deaths, a change of +30 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,722,841 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,407 recoveries, a change of -581 from yesterday. There are now 107,925 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, a change of +757 from yesterday, including 2,890 in the ICU and 675 on ventilators. Of the new Covid-19 infections, 134 were found […]

The story Covid-19 Thursday: 112 deaths, 11,276 infections, provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3,209 antigen test kits were used, though their results are officially considered inconclusive.

Hence the reason they give for not including positive antigen ases.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pollyog49 said:

Strange.   Phuket stats says they had 156 new cases, yet CCSA says 59.  Which do we believe.

I think the CCSA cut-off time is 10am but the counting goes on. The provincial figures later in the day seem to be more accurate. Feel free to correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-156-new-covid-cases-two-more-deaths-81695.php

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Covid-19 Thursday: 112 deaths, 11,276 infections, provincial totals | News by Thaiger

What is a HOSPITEL? field hospital?

I believe Hospitel is a hotel just for low risk covid patients. Here in phuket they say covid care centres.. if you test positive with a pcr test (officially recorded) you go to a field hospital.. if positive with an antigen test they put you in a hotel with aircon TV and your own private bathroom. Food 3 times a day and not recorded as they don't give you a pcr test to check if the antigen test was accurate 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I believe Hospitel is a hotel just for low risk covid patients. Here in phuket they say covid care centres.. if you test positive with a pcr test (officially recorded) you go to a field hospital.. if positive with an antigen test they put you in a hotel with aircon TV and your own private bathroom. Food 3 times a day and not recorded as they don't give you a pcr test to check if the antigen test was accurate 

So locked up for 2 week with no real proof of infection. I presume foreigners have to pay for that as well.

Whoopie Phuket what a holiday destination I cannot wait to go.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Griff1315 said:

So locked up for 2 week with no real proof of infection. I presume foreigners have to pay for that as well.

Well, insist on an ATK test! If positive, a hospitel sounds much more comfy ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, insist on an ATK test! If positive, a hospitel sounds much more comfy ☺️

Home from Home the tourists will defo flood in if this gets out...🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Home from Home the tourists will defo flood in if this gets out...🤣

Better stay indoors anyway. Would you want to come home like this?

IMG_20211014_180546.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I'm sure tourists are only pcr tested. I'm not 100% sure (things keep changing) but I think they have to pay in a quarantine hotel.. 

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

IMG_20211014_180546.jpg

She looks like she just had the covid test swab up the wrong passage...🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

IMG_20211014_180546.jpg

Sunburn no probs-- gender change NOW that is a problem.

30 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think the CCSA cut-off time is 10am but the counting goes on. The provincial figures later in the day seem to be more accurate. Feel free to correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-156-new-covid-cases-two-more-deaths-81695.php

Then if you only count from midnight till 10  the numbers go down. Cannot possibly count before midnight that would be the wrong day. Logical to Prayut.

Edited by palooka
spell check

1 minute ago, palooka said:

Only when I go home to the wife, don't think she would be so understanding.

You can go together and swap 🙄

But I've accommodated you with another image

2 minutes ago, palooka said:

Then if you only count from midnight till 10  the numbers go down. Cannot posibly count before midnight that would be the wrong day. Loigical to Prayut.

Great idea 

Delete your post quickly before the CCSA steal the idea...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bob20 said:

You can go together and swap 🙄

But I've accommodated you with another image

Oh to be that age again and have the knowledge I have now. Probably wouldn't have a long life though.