Jump to content

News Forum - So long, farewell to Thailand’s Certificate of Entry – November 1


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

PLUS..I keep thinking why is there a need to send all your CoE info to the Thai Embassy when (after they finally drop the quarantine requirement) then surely everything else the Thai Gov require will be looked at/scrutinised by the airline check-in staff..?  To obtain a Thai visa it's been the same list of requirements for a long time.. So once you've been granted your visa, could they not simply prepare a list of 'must haves' to later submit at the check-in desk..?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Go to one of them then. Simple.

Which bastion of free entry and cheap drinks have you chosen?

Got your keyboard warrior head on again, give it a wobble!😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

Got your keyboard warrior head on again, give it a wobble!😉

Nah, I'm really curious, honest. Despite the insult. Which SE Asian nation is lucky enough to be nominated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is basically a stunt to attract attention, to spread news around the world saying Thailand is opened, CoE and quaranteen are gone! But when 1 November comes, I bet everything will be almost unchanged. So ultimately, I wouldn't expect less documents or lower cost to enter Thailand.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

back peddling...

Which is why it’s probably wise to wait till December to return. It’s inevitable there will be issues to be ironed out and Thailand does seem to make changes right up to reopen day. Heck I’m not even going to by my plane ticket until a week or two into November just for that reason.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Nah, I'm really curious, honest. Despite the insult. Which SE Asian nation is lucky enough to be nominated?

Bali, Langkwai, Phu Quoc, Taiwan, Sri Lanka to name a few. 

Even if they don't have all the right procedures in place right now, what they have not done, is give a whole load of false, misleading information out. 

Confidence is going to crucial from the traveler's point of view, and the Thai government don't inspire any Confidence.

Most definitely not from me. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BIGGLES said:

Bali, Langkwai, Phu Quoc, Taiwan, Sri Lanka to name a few. 

Even if they don't have all the right procedures in place right now, what they have not done, is give a whole load of false, misleading information out. 

Confidence is going to crucial from the traveler's point of view, and the Thai government don't inspire any Confidence.

Most definitely not from me. 👍

I'm sure they'll all be admirable destinations when they eventually open fully.

Sadly I wont be in any of them although I've visited Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia quite a lot over the years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I'm sure they'll all be admirable destinations when they eventually open fully.

Sadly I wont be in any of them although I've visited Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia quite a lot over the years.

That's nice my friend.

It just saddens me that after coming to Thailand three times a year for the last 36 years, including a spell living in the country,  I should feel that it's no longer the place top of my list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BIGGLES said:

That's nice my friend.

It just saddens me that after coming to Thailand three times a year for the last 36 years, including a spell living in the country,  I should feel that it's no longer the place top of my list.

Yes, very sad. I'm like that with Vietnam.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

back peddling...

I guess the airlines knew they will not be able to manage it, thats why they canceled so much slots from October til march for Thailand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, farang said:

glad to hear coe is gone.any news on whats going to replace it?

Thailand Pass. Same same but different !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Thailand Pass. Same same but different !

The magician waves his wand and the glass of water is instantly transformed into a glass of Oxygen Dihydride.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced an update to procedures for arrival in the Kingdom, post November 1. The Ministry says that the unpopular Certificate of Entry, currently required for all international visitors, is set to be replaced by a new system they’re calling the Thailand Pass system. It is set to start on November 1… we’ll keep you up to date with this news on tomorrow’s Good Morning Thailand. More updates are expected this afternoon as the CCSA meets to discuss re-opening plans, reduction of paperwork, reduction of curfew in the country’s Dark Red Zones and the removal […]

The story So long, farewell to Thailand’s Certificate of Entry – November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Did not expect this to go away, just a rebrand. Insurance, approval of entry, etc. I hope they come up with a similar system for border controls globally. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced an update to procedures for arrival in the Kingdom, post November 1. The Ministry says that the unpopular Certificate of Entry, currently required for all international visitors, is set to be replaced by a new system they’re calling the Thailand Pass system. It is set to start on November 1… we’ll keep you up to date with this news on tomorrow’s Good Morning Thailand. More updates are expected this afternoon as the CCSA meets to discuss re-opening plans, reduction of paperwork, reduction of curfew in the country’s Dark Red Zones and the removal […]

The story So long, farewell to Thailand’s Certificate of Entry – November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Meet the new form, same as the old form.  I'll get on my knees and pray we don't get fooled again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope its not an app/electronic based system of entry because no apps or web sites made by the government work.

 

And they have 15 days to create it and test it......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly Thailand is infatuated with paper work so don't get too excited folks, COE my be out but you can bet your life the replacement wont be a walk in the park!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NOTE TO CCSA:

 

Things that will likely stop mass tourism:

 

Any requirement to stay in a quarantine hotel even 1 night.

Any formality to submit paperwork before arrival.

The policy of imprisonment if tested positive.

A PCR test on arrival having already tested negative prior to departure.

No nightlife open. No alcohol.

Any curfew.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Grumpyoldman said:

NOTE TO CCSA:

Things that will likely stop mass tourism:

Any requirement to stay in a quarantine hotel even 1 night.

Any formality to submit paperwork before arrival.

The policy of imprisonment if tested positive.

A PCR test on arrival having already tested negative prior to departure.

No nightlife open. No alcohol.

Any curfew.

Note to CCSA, please keep all the above for now until more people have been vaccinated.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

does any one know what the ''pass'' will be that replaces the coe?and im hopeing this also drops the insurance requirement .as ones with vaccine and test should be good to go.im ready now if this is dropped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Note to CCSA, please keep all the above for now until more people have been vaccinated.

Thank you.

Why? For what purpose? Once you’ve got yourself vaccinated that’s all you can do. Hopefully it will limit your symptoms to no more than feeling a bit rough for a few days if you do fall ill. But the fact that PCR tests are still required for the fully vaccinated tells you everything you need to know about how little vaccination will limit your ability to spread the virus. Otherwise what’s the point of a PCR test? Moreover you could become infected the day after the test. Vaccination protects your own health but not of those around you. So if you’re worried that you could still spread the virus to others then lock yourself down in your own home and stay there. Nobody’s stopping you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leeshard said:

Once you’ve got yourself vaccinated that’s all you can do. 

The above is the only relevant bit of your post.

The papers are full with big numbers like 178.2m vaccine doses this year.

But if you hadn't noticed: Many vaccination stations are closed and no vaccines are given in many places even though they want to open the country. Minimum 68% of the whole population remain unprotected as of today.

Until they provide the opportunity to get the vaccine (and one that works against Delta, so not only Sinovac), they shouldn't proceed with opening up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, I.LUV.BKK said:

And also not forgetting the expensive health and covid 19 insurance to be purchased in order to apply for Special Tourist Visa extension. I have checked with AXA and they have quoted me with a 28K baht yearly premium! 

Actually it's not too bad value if you don't have health cover here. It covers accident and sickness too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Soidog said:

A few days ago I posted this:

I’m going to stick my neck out and predict the following:

FIrst - CCSA will maybe move it to at least November 15th  

Second - foreigners will still have to stay at an SHA+ hotel. At least until the result of the first Covid test is available 2 or 3 nights. 
 

Third - Preflight PCR and on arrival still required. 
 

Fourth - COVID insurance still required. 
 

Fifith - In order to check the above. COE still required. 
 

I really should start buying lottery tickets! Seems like 1 is likely or heavily modified list of places. 2,3 and 5 are looking nailed on now. Just need to see what they do about Covid insurance. Any bets anyone? 

I bet you are not far off with your predictions.

I am not going anywhere near an airline web site at the moment to check on flight availability, I think I might have to wait another few months before things settle down.

Phuket, here I (do not) come.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use