News Forum - Anutin opposes limiting quarantine-free re-opening to 10 countries

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

A small amount of money?

So what do you do when you visit Thailand?

I don't  sit in a bar for sure. I tend to be generous  but not foolish. 

53 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

So you sit on the beach or visit temples?

Thailand must win the lottery every time you fly in.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So you sit on the beach or visit temples?

Thailand must win the lottery every time you fly in.

No I don't live by the ocean and I live in our home in the north, in Lanna. Plenty to do but not a lot of foreigners. Even fewer since covid hit. I have many Thai friends but we don't sit in bars or as you call pubs. I'm not against drinking alcohol but it kind of makes people stupid.

There are many interesting historical sites, big and small, because the historical records go back 900 or so years. Many Thais at these sites are very knowledgeable but probably don't speak much English.  My Thai is pretty good, but less so in the local dialects. 

7 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Your posting shows nothing about the 10-12% contributions to the Thai economy. Fack news/post

You know that charm school you went to? I'd be demanding my money back if I was you.

Here is my " Fack news/post" which you were incapable of finding: https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/gender/2019/10/24/what-you-want-to-see-is-what-you-get-realities-representations-and-reputations-of-sex-tourism-in-bangkok/

Extract

Scholars even report that the sex industry contributes an estimated 10-12% to Thailand's overall GDP.24 Oct 2019

4 hours ago, LoongFred said:

With your gratuitous hair trigger abuse of other posters, I cannot believe any thoughts of you being generous. You come across as a World Class Curmudgeon to me.

7 hours ago, LoongFred said:

This thread has lost it's way. The topic was "Anutin Opposes..." and it become a tread about the brits rights to sit in a bar and drink. 

Oh please don't be so modest. This was never about "brits rights". No one ever claimed that right exclusively for Brits. It was about your right to be disparaging about people using bars.

It strikes me that your attitude to people drinking in bars, is a bit like some peoples attitudes towards Gay sex. "I don't like it so it has to be stopped". I could actually agree with you on the point if Gay sex, or drinking in bars was made compulsory. I take it you do realise that drinking in bars is not compulsory in TH?

3 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Oh please don't be so modest. This was never about "brits rights". No one ever claimed that right exclusively for Brits. It was about your right to be disparaging about people using bars.

It strikes me that your attitude to people drinking in bars, is a bit like some peoples attitudes towards Gay sex. "I don't like it so it has to be stopped". I could actually agree with you on the point if Gay sex, or drinking in bars was made compulsory. I take it you do realise that drinking in bars is not compulsory in TH?

Hah! You seem to be over your quota for beers today. The topic was about Anutin's opposes ... You need to start a tread about brits rights and/or pubs. 

If you are into lady boys it up to you, but not mine. Again not on subject.

26 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

With your gratuitous hair trigger abuse of other posters, I cannot believe any thoughts of you being generous. You come across as a World Class Curmudgeon to me.

Hit a nerve?

33 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

You know that charm school you went to? I'd be demanding my money back if I was you.

Here is my " Fack news/post" which you were incapable of finding: https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/gender/2019/10/24/what-you-want-to-see-is-what-you-get-realities-representations-and-reputations-of-sex-tourism-in-bangkok/

Extract

Scholars even report that the sex industry contributes an estimated 10-12% to Thailand's overall GDP.24 Oct 2019

Come on now. Is that a valid publication?  

Some personal off topic 'bickering's' are likely to get this thread closed down if they continue.

Agree to disagree then move on with the topic please.

3 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Hah! You seem to be over your quota for beers today. The topic was about Anutin's opposes ... You need to start a tread about brits rights and/or pubs. 

If you are into lady boys it up to you, but not mine. Again not on subject.

Wow! So you start a rant about not wanting the bars to reopen, and when most posters make you look silly, you suddenly decide that it's off topic? 

You even try to pretend that it's Brits claiming such rights. Then having childishly tried to infer that I have an interest in LB's, you yet again decide that a topic you  introduced is "off topic" before any else can reply.

And there you go with the gratuitous offensive comments again, suggesting I must be drunk because I disagree with you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Faz said:

Some personal off topic 'bickering's' are likely to get this thread closed down if they continue.

Agree to disagree then move on with the topic please.

I think it's time to close it.

22 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Come on now. Is that a valid publication?  

Look at the address on it. "lse.ac" London School of Economics. So the answer to the question must be "yes". 

But isn't that typical of you. You start off by accusing me of fabricating this through my "mate down the pub" You are incapable of finding my original post. You then make a snide comment about "Fack news" in order to circumvent the prohibition on profanity. In between you introduce your own off topic comments which are meant to offend and before anyone can respond, you declare the topic you've just opened up to be off topic. I have yet to see a single post by you, where someone might be able to accuse you of acting in good faith.

All the while, virtually every response to anyone that disagrees with you is snide.

• Like 1