News Forum - Minister of Tourism is sure tourists will flood Thailand November 1

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, next to the pound slot for the toilet, they could add a slot to pay to fly above the clouds 😉

SSSSHHH don;t give Thai airlines idea's🤣 they might use it as another way to save themselves🤣

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

But that's not the aircraft's problem and would have most likely been even scarier in a smaller lighter aircraft ✈️

How was your inflight experience though?

Got to say inflight experience was great.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stuhan said:

Flew 3 times on A380's bkk - london scared the hell out of me once,  5 attempts to put it on the ground during high winds and the noise when the undercarriage goes up and down is awful.😬

A A380 shouldn't be noisy then seriously something was wrong.

3 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Agreed, but that's highly unlikely at present or if ever. There are very few airlines that own A380's and just 5 that fly into BKK. That's unlikely to increase because this model has been discontinued. https://www.alternativeairlines.com/airbus-a380

Personally, I am saddened at it being discontinued. I think it's by far the greatest I've ever flown on.

And not according to the booked spots in Thailand from foreign carriers according the actual numbers from the AOT from October til march.

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

You started your first reply with "that is not correct".

The least you could have done was read what I'd said and checked your information, but you did neither.

What I wrote has been the case since February.

I never said or suggested the tests are done "at home" - they are all self-administered at the airport, free unless you prefer to pay someone to administer the test at the airport (stick a swab up your nose) for you.

For four months prior to that the rapid antigen tests were administered on an increasing trial basis, with random PCR tests as confirmation.

No your point doesn't "stand", it is WRONG. Completely, 100% WRONG. The tests you are talking about at Vancouver were / are rapid antigen tests. The tests Thailand is to do are PCR tests.

They're two completely different tests, and while PCR tests can be done more quickly than the standard daily turn-around, they CANNOT be done as quickly as rapid antigen tests.

That's why they're called "rapid", FFS.

The point you're making is simply mis-informed and completely wrong.

Beat it bud, I really don't give a shit what you think.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Oh ok. Perhaps this is simply due to Covid restrictions at the airport. I can’t see why it won’t restart once things return to more normal times? 

Let's hope so, but Stonker is getting really upset over this talk

Poor fella  :)

Edited by Andrew Reeve
Personal remark removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alavan said:

15 minutes if you don't have to wait for your luggage

Don't be a girl and just bring a carry-on 5555

PS.....That was a joke, don't want anyone getting upset in here  :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Beat it bud, I really don't give a shit what you think.....

I'm not pointing out that what you're saying is ill-informed nonsense for your benefit, since it's obvious you "really don't give a shit" whether you're posting rubbish or not. 

Now, at least, others know.

39 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Let's hope so, but Stonker is getting really upset over this talk

We wouldn't his panties to get lodged all the way up his ass, so maybe we should refrain from any talk of this

Poor fella  :)

Not "upset" in the slightest - if you want to continue to display your ignorance I'm the last one who'd try to stop you 😂

57 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not pointing out that what you're saying is ill-informed nonsense for your benefit, since it's obvious you "really don't give a shit" whether you're posting rubbish or not. 

Now, at least, others know.

Not "upset" in the slightest - if you want to continue to display your ignorance I'm the last one who'd try to stop you 😂

I was simply giving my personal experience when Canada was administering testing at the airport for the majority of people landing, at that time

It would give an example of how testing goes at the airport

That's it.....

But of course, like a lot of miserable people on this forum, you want to have a fight over something as innocuous of someone giving a personal example of going through testing at the airport

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, gummy said:

I have no doubt that that wizard of facts and business acumen, Thailand's Minister of Tourism, will no doubt come up with a brainwave , he will suggest a VIP limousine service from the airport to other destinations, now who would have thought of that, he is a clever guy you know 😂 

I think there is a bit of confusion here,it's selling the fast track passport service that was banned.The various limo services are not banned.They may be subject to the vagaries of market forces.

• Like 1

Dear Stonker & Marc26

The last post that you posted as been removed for being argumentative with the other member.

Communication between the 2 of you on this thread will now cease.

I wish to remind you both of forum etiquette:

1. We encourage and love debate but be courteous even when disagreement may be vigorous!
  2. The forum values and welcomes diverse opinions. So, it is likely you will come across opinions you do not agree with! It is fine to disagree with and challenge opinions, ideas, and facts. Attacking another member because their opinion differs, is not.
  3. Respect that each member is entitled to make personal decisions for themselves, and to have them respected, even if you think they are “driving the train to Loonyville”!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stardust said:

I really don't like Airbus - especially the smaller ones. The noises they make just taxiing out for takeoff make me wish I'd upped my life insurance coverage. I know they're as safe as any other but - jeez - clunks, grinds, thuds, and pops are not sounds that should be associated with modern aviation.

28 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I really don't like Airbus - especially the smaller ones. The noises they make just taxiing out for takeoff make me wish I'd upped my life insurance coverage. I know they're as safe as any other but - jeez - clunks, grinds, thuds, and pops are not sounds that should be associated with modern aviation.

I agree. They have some strange mechanisms at play. Mind you, the B777 that EVA Air use on the LHR-BKK route can also create some strange noises when flying with the wing slats deployed. Not until you gain some speed and they are retracted does the noise stop. Disconcerting for people who fly on them for the first time.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Are you sure that's not your bottom ? 😉

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Are you sure that's not your bottom ? 😉

Definitely. I avoid eating the day before flying so I can sample all the meal choices onboard.

On topic - today I called the Thai embassy as to whether COE etc is still needed, she said that whilst expected, they had not been made aware of any changes, I mean why would the government let their global representatives know what the f*** is going on !

So any tourists enquiring won't have a clue - that flood will barely be a trickle unless the information is out there in the appropriate areas. 

13 minutes ago, Benroon said:

On topic - today I called the Thai embassy as to whether COE etc is still needed, she said that whilst expected, they had not been made aware of any changes, I mean why would the government let their global representatives know what the f*** is going on !

So any tourists enquiring won't have a clue - that flood will barely be a trickle unless the information is out there in the appropriate areas. 

I agree @Benroon, but that’s not the aim is it. This is not about opening up. This is about appeasement and buying time. The Thai authorities don’t want the return of mass tourism anymore than most other rational People do. This is nothing more that a stalling tactic. It buys them another two months to get more vaccinations done. I think the PM and his cabinet know full well that February or March will be safer. Songkran in April is going to be a real challenge again next year, just as things are calming down and things genuinely starting to open. This is nothing more than a charade. 

My expectations of returning in January haven’t changed at all. I’m expecting to stay in Phuket or Bangkok. I’m expecting to get a COE which is now a Thailand pass. I’m expecting to have to stay in an SHA+ hotel paid in advance for at least 3 night and at least 2, possibly 3 PCR tests. I’m also expecting to have to buy Covid health insurance. I’m expecting little in the way of nightlife returning and expecting lots of scams and problems as people try to grab what they can. If I could move my plans to April or May then I would, and I would expect many of the above restrictions to have eased by then. Many, but not all. 

11 hours ago, Stardust said:

Most planes i have flown in have noise when the undercarriage goes up and down,you hear the hydraulics and the clunk clunk as they lock in place,normally not loud but the A380's i have been on sound are very loud, just there design i suppose, but i don't like them they are to big,much prefer A320 airbus.

55 minutes ago, stuhan said:

Most planes i have flown in have noise when the undercarriage goes up and down,you hear the hydraulics and the clunk clunk as they lock in place,normally not loud but the A380's i have been on sound are very loud, just there design i suppose, but i don't like them they are to big,much prefer A320 airbus.

i have been telling myself to deal with any noise or discomfort on flight, as long and borders are open without quarantine and can fly into Thailand....yipee. It has been a long long time. Time to stretch your legs and start travel again. Looking at start of next year when the pandemic is more settled

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JamesE said:

The ones I was in were mostly quiet that I even thought are both engines on or why not speed up more. I only had once an A330 with the gear noise and thought they should make more maintanance because I never heard it before. But at the A 380 I often thought why not speed up because it was very quiet.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, Benroon said:

Agreed, while the COE remains in place they can forget it - however on the flights front check again - from the UK alone there are roughly a dozen+ flights a day let alone a week. You might not get the airline you want, but they're there.

Yes, am starting to see a number of flight with Singapore Airlines now and there is news that the beleaguered Thai Airways are adding 39 international flights.  So starting to improve!

1 hour ago, Sharky99x said:

Yes, am starting to see a number of flight with Singapore Airlines now and there is news that the beleaguered Thai Airways are adding 39 international flights.  So starting to improve!

Finnair have got a lot of flights and their price seriously undercuts everyone else - you can fly business class, one way, for £616 plus you get 74kg luggage included (compared to thai air I think 30kg) and extra bags are only 70 dollars up to 32kg - thai air I think is 50 dollars PER kg !!

They don't fly direct but its only a 1.5 hour stop which I don't mind to stretch your legs, grab a beer !

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

I agree @Benroon, but that’s not the aim is it. This is not about opening up. This is about appeasement and buying time. The Thai authorities don’t want the return of mass tourism anymore than most other rational People do. This is nothing more that a stalling tactic. It buys them another two months to get more vaccinations done. I think the PM and his cabinet know full well that February or March will be safer. Songkran in April is going to be a real challenge again next year, just as things are calming down and things genuinely starting to open. This is nothing more than a charade. 

My expectations of returning in January haven’t changed at all. I’m expecting to stay in Phuket or Bangkok. I’m expecting to get a COE which is now a Thailand pass. I’m expecting to have to stay in an SHA+ hotel paid in advance for at least 3 night and at least 2, possibly 3 PCR tests. I’m also expecting to have to buy Covid health insurance. I’m expecting little in the way of nightlife returning and expecting lots of scams and problems as people try to grab what they can. If I could move my plans to April or May then I would, and I would expect many of the above restrictions to have eased by then. Many, but not all. 

May well be to buy time SD that would actually make sense both from a medical and saving face view.

But even for this goon I would be shocked if any form of quarantine remained - I've just read the full English version of his statement and he mentions 'no quarantine' many many times - its his big thing now. Its where he is trying to hang his credibility hat and curry favour with his business friends who are hurting. I can't see even him doing a U-turn from that. 

There may well be another crock of shit coming down the line but I think barring a sudden surge in cases, quarantine will go.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, stuhan said:

Flew 3 times on A380's bkk - london scared the hell out of me once,  5 attempts to put it on the ground during high winds and the noise when the undercarriage goes up and down is awful.😬

Should have paid the extra for top deck travel maybe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Stardust said:

A380 have 3 decks, 2 passenger and a cargo deck.  Didn't stowaway in cargo did you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1