News Forum - Phuket, Samui to ease entry restrictions for domestic tourists from this weekend

Thaiger

From this weekend, entry restrictions for the islands of Phuket and Samui are being eased for fully vaccinated domestic tourists. Local travellers who can show proof of being fully vaccinated will no longer need to submit to Covid-19 testing to enter Phuket and will no longer have to quarantine after arriving on Samui. The move comes as the government launches phase 3 of the “We Travel Together” subsidy scheme, aimed at boosting domestic tourism. The change comes into effect on Friday for Koh Samui and on Saturday for Phuket. The Pattaya News reports that Phuket governor Narong Woonciew says officials […]

The story Phuket, Samui to ease entry restrictions for domestic tourists from this weekend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

he move comes as the government launches phase 3 of the “We Travel Together” subsidy scheme, aimed at boosting domestic tourism.

Boosting domestic tourism ... in the middle of a localised pandemic ... what could possibly go wrong? 😂 😂 😂

• Haha 1

I thought it was already proven the vast majority of transmission was from locals and not tourists? Yet once again the government wants to make it easy for locals to visit than tourists. At the least they could make it the same for both groups. 

• Like 1

Finally... Domestic travel is addressed!  Been locked down in BKK for months unable to go to my place on Samui, even though I was vax'd X 2.  Not having that damn swab shoved into my brain anymore!  

But no mention of lifting the alcohol ban in Restaurants on Samui, Phangan & Ko Tao like Phuket so it must only be restaurant owned alcohol that has the covid virus because you can buy as much as you like from any store!!!