News Forum - Anutin warns Nov 1 reopening could close again if Covid-19 surges

Thaiger

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul may have dampened the excitement over Thailand’s November 1 reopening when he announced that it is possible that the country could close up its borders in the event of a serious Covid-19 outbreak. The announcement on Monday by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha that he had told the Ministry of Public Health and Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration to push reopening the country on November 1 has been met with excitement from tourist international travellers as well as the tourism sector of Thailand. The plan is to initially open to 10 countries that have a low […]

The story Anutin warns Nov 1 reopening could close again if Covid-19 surges as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Comments with no value are meaningless. If the country wants to take a step towards opening up, it must continue as a direction irregardless, taking the necessary pre-caution and safety measures in place . Not hitting reverse gear whenever there is an obstacle. 

The way  they are going about it will backfire. The area that was announced to open has been extended to the whole province ! while there are huge outbreaks and hospitals were full in one day!

And as they are hoping for more domestic travel again too, there is no way to distinguish people who go into an area.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2197351/chiang-mai-ready-despite-new-outbreak

I wonder why the media post these rants, they cause more harm than good and are mostly hugely inaccurate but then nearly everything this guy says in inaccurate!!! He either has a very bad memory or conveniently forgets the facts. Remember he even forgot to ensure the paperwork was done when the USA had offered 1 million Pfizer shots and needed reminding by the ambassador!! 

Or maybe he thinks we want to see his smug shots to remind us how clever he really isn't!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Paulw said:

I wonder why the media post these rants, they cause more harm than good and are mostly hugely inaccurate but then nearly everything this guy says in inaccurate!!! He either has a very bad memory or conveniently forgets the facts. Remember he even forgot to ensure the paperwork was done when the USA had offered 1 million Pfizer shots and needed reminding by the ambassador!! 

Or maybe he thinks we want to see his smug shots to remind us how clever he really isn't!!!! 

Smoke and mirrors. And covering their back for when it fails...

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/6638-news-forum-korea-to-donate-470000-astrazeneca-vaccines-to-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=82159

41 minutes ago, Paulw said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the donated 1 million doses of Pfizer have yet to come in.  Clearly something nefarious is happening and Thailand doesn't want the "free" doses of Pfizer.  The "missing paperwork" was just a smoke screen it seems.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, Haole.TH said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the donated 1 million doses of Pfizer have yet to come in.  Clearly something nefarious is happening and Thailand doesn't want the "free" doses of Pfizer.  The "missing paperwork" was just a smoke screen it seems.

Maybe boss China says Sinovac is a better free gift...

2 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Maybe boss China says Sinovac is a better free gift...

I'll look it up for a link, but the government declared not to procure more Sinovac after the last order at that time. You may not include "freebies" in that statement, but I think the penny finally dropped and they realise it just doesn't help to jab Sinovac..