News Forum - Covid spike in Khon Kaen, more field hospitals to open

Thaiger

Covid-19 is on the rise in the Isaan province Khon Kaen and local authorities have agreed to open two more field hospitals after new cases hit around 300 over a few day period with many of the infections linked to social gatherings like funerals and ceremonies at temples to make merit. Governor Somsak Jangtrakul said that the provincial communicable disease committee met yesterday after about 300 new Covid-19 infections were reported over the last few days in the area. The committee decided that Khon Kaen needs two more field hospitals to combat this surge, and they plan to open one […]

The story Covid spike in Khon Kaen, more field hospitals to open as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

thought the country was opening up 

But they're just opening more field hospitals.

Must be faulty translation.

My bad 🤣

(I wonder who got all the big screen TV's that came out of those cardboard boxes...)

Just now, AlexPTY said:

Governor knows something we don't. Opening 2 hospitals for 300 infections in a few days seems to be a bit extreme 

I guess they hadn't finished counting...

Same as the narrative for daily figures states: "figures correct at time of publishing, but more accurate daily totals available from the provincial office as counting hadn't stopped yet".

53 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Same as the narrative for daily figures states: "figures correct at time of publishing, but more accurate daily totals available from the provincial office as counting hadn't stopped yet".

Phuket is pretty much the same numbers per population, and they just flying high... The only place to open is metropolitan Bangkok

Just now, AlexPTY said:

Phuket is pretty much the same numbers per population, and they just flying high... The only place to open is metropolitan Bangkok

Except for the un-included ATK's which would double the numbers...

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

35 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Except for the un-included ATK's which would double the numbers...

Yes, this game is getting boring. As long as they rolling vaccinations, nothing else would matter. Let kids play and hope for miracles

• Like 2

Just now, AlexPTY said:

Yes, this game is getting boring. As long as they rolling vaccinations, nothing else would matter. Let kids play and hope for miracles

I agree. Yet they're not vaccinating as much as they claim.

For once I wish they didn't name a "date" but just said "when we reach x% full vaccination".

That's not only more realistic, but may expedite the vaccination drive.

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I agree. Yet they're not vaccinating as much as they claim.

For once I wish they didn't name a "date" but just said "when we reach x% full vaccination".

That's not only more realistic, but may expedite the vaccination drive.

i am a bit concerned about latest spike of anti-vaxers in Thailand. Asia is being very obedient so far, not like US and Germany. This is a bad sign... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

i am a bit concerned about latest spike of anti-vaxers in Thailand. Asia is being very obedient so far, not like US and Germany. This is a bad sign... 

Don't call them antivaxxers. They're pro-choicers 🤣

• Haha 2

All well and good to make quips. The situation is serious. Quips don't get people vaccinated to protect themselves and have a future, not only for themselves but for the people they love. I'm not going to fight the antivaxers/pro choice fight. It's window dressing. ( I could argue that point, but if it takes 80% fully vaccinated to tip the balance, then we can have 20% who don't or won't).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

All well and good to make quips. The situation is serious. Quips don't get people vaccinated to protect themselves and have a future, not only for themselves but for the people they love. I'm not going to fight the antivaxers/pro choice fight. It's window dressing. ( I could argue that point, but if it takes 80% fully vaccinated to tip the balance, then we can have 20% who don't or won't).

I know, and Alex knows too, that's why it got a smile. I'm pushing for vaccination and restraint (if you hadn't noticed yet 🤭) but I believe there isn't enough stock seeing locations closed and the daily numbers far below what was promised.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unfortunately one bad news story generates far more noise than all the good news about vaccines. A report yesterday (I think) related to a person dying who had had mixed vaccines doses. Stories like that hit the news and social media. Rarely do they say “500,000 doses today and no one died from it”. Funnily enough, if these Pro-choice people reacted in the same way to daily living, they would never get out of bed. Something they often claim about people who take Covid seriously and support restrictions. 

• Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Unfortunately one bad news story generates far more noise than all the good news about vaccines. A report yesterday (I think) related to a person dying who had had mixed vaccines doses. Stories like that hit the news and social media. Rarely do they say “500,000 doses today and no one died from it”. Funnily enough, if these Pro-choice people reacted in the same way to daily living, they would never get out of bed. Something they often claim about people who take Covid seriously and support restrictions. 

AND THAT IS IT!! Plum LBW.  A hat trick to Soidog as the wicket keeper and slips fieldsmen gather around him with 2 deliveries left in the over. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Have I missed the covid numbers for today or has Thaiger stopped publishing them. Not that they can be believed just interested...😎

Hi Griff1315  I've being using the worldometer website. Covid19 cases updated daily for all nations except for North Korea. Link attached below.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Like you said not all are believable and the Indian press has questioned the Indian health authorities about cooking the numbers but overall I've used it for a year to observe trends. Hope it helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:07 PM, Bob20 said:

Wife tells me "Mor pah" (bald chap on tv occassionally), respected for his foresight of situations, says that the covid numbers will rocket in December and that  schools will close again. Governor of Khon Kaen may be a fan also.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, palooka said:

Wife tells me "Mor pah" (bald chap on tv occassionally), respected for his foresight of situations, says that the covid numbers will rocket in December and that  schools will close again. Governor of Khon Kaen may be a fan also.

That's my nickname 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, palooka said:

Opening of Schools in Thailand is long overdue! Hopefully The experts will be prepared and have taken steps besides vax ! Personally I think it will be a crisis, just like everything else!

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/we-now-know-how-much-children-spread-coronavirus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Opening of Schools in Thailand is long overdue! Hopefully The experts will be prepared and have taken steps besides vax ! Personally I think it will be a crisis, just like everything else!

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/we-now-know-how-much-children-spread-coronavirus

Schools plan to reopen November 1, Big wigs have been touring schools to check on Covid protocols already.

• Like 1