News Forum - Thailand to lift quarantine for vaccinated tourists from low-risk countries

Thaiger

16 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do not understand what that had to do with my comment... either way I do not have to come in .. I live in Thailand  🤪🤣

I must have replied to the wrong person in my original comment as someone from Australia was complaining why Australia was not on the accepted list of tourist countries not needed to quarantine.

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Haha 1

Just now, JamesR said:

I must have replied to the wrong person in my original comment as someone from Australia was complaining why they were not on the accepted list of tourists not needed to quarantine.

I already thought that 😄 

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

I always book with airlines directly via their web sites so if I want to make a change in my booking I can do it online or just phone them.

I use EVA Air normally as their premium economy class is good, plus you can change the date of depart/return ticket multiples times for free.

Yes I do the same. Using a middle man may save a few pounds but when things go wrong you are in the middle of a problem. EVA Premium is fantastic but getting a little pricy. Time was when you could get a return for £800. Now it’s £1.200 😏

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

"In countries like the U.K. people simply will not take instructions and follow professional advice."

Quite the opposite, in the UK once the public were told what the rules were, once we knew what we had to do, the vast majority of people worked together and followed the rules, in queues at shops people kept their distance, they wore masks, washed their hands frequently as can be see when going in and out of shops, many people worked from home and the cities, trains etc were like ghost towns.

In contrast during my seven months last year in Phuket (January until the end of August) when queuing to go into Tesco for instance we were all squashed together in the queue as a worker had to dispense the sanitising gel to us one by one as for some reason we were not capable of using the gel ourselves.

Once in Tesco I tried to keep myself distant from others but Thai people are not used to that so would walk right up to you if they needed a product near you instead of waiting and be in your face in groups while you are trying to shop.

In Makro you pick your vegetables and fruit and put them in bags on the table of the one person weighting and pricing the bags, there were always about twenty five people time after time squashed into a crowd as they jostled to get served. 

I stay on a compound in Phuket with security hence one way in and one way out, 95% of the 400 houses are occupied by Thai families, many of them carried on having parties etc, they stick to the rules in public but not at home.

When I got back to the UK in August I saw most people sticking to the rules, I didn't even see any of my family for months just in case (for all of us).

Sorry my friend but I have to disagree. Most people did follow but a significant minority didn’t. I snapped this picture back in the summer when face masks in shops was still the rule. Spot the lady with the Hi-Viz on!!  Yes, a police community support officer

03F62074-FED9-4E36-B83C-AE9DB800A774.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Sorry my friend but I have to disagree. Most people did follow but a significant minority didn’t. I snapped this picture back in the summer when face masks in shops was still the rule. Spot the lady with the Hi-Viz on!!  Yes, a police community support officer

Looks like they may not have had her size 🤭

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

She was in a cake shop. Last place she needed to be 😂😂

Getting ready to attack by removing the mask then! 🍴 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

I agree, also I think,  "In countries like the U.K. people simply will not take instructions and follow professional advice.", should be changed to  "In countries like the U.K. some people simply will not take instructions and follow professional advice."

5 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I agree, also I think,  "In countries like the U.K. people simply will not take instructions and follow professional advice.", should be changed to  "In countries like the U.K. some people simply will not take instructions and follow professional advice."

I’ll take the correction👍🏻

Yes I do the same. Using a middle man may save a few pounds but when things go wrong you are in the middle of a problem. EVA Premium is fantastic but getting a little pricy. Time was when you could get a return for £800. Now it’s £1.200 😏

It was £800 a few years ago but for the last five years it has been around £1200, even more expensive at the moment due to covid, you would have thought the flights would have gone down but not the case. 

2 hours ago, Thommo said:

Look out Thailand, Aussies will be coming from Sydney. No return quarentine for vaccinated people into Syd from Nov 1 😁

😱 I can see all three of them planning the trip

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:04 AM, Fluke said:

So the last 18 months of being closed and curfews were all a waste of time and unnecessary ?

So you think the measures applied world-wide to combatting the virus (in all its forms) pending development and approvals of vaccines were (a)  A waste of time and unnecessary?  Or, (b) The people saved are a waste of time and unnecessary?  Please choose the one that applies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWD said:

So you think the measures applied world-wide to combatting the virus (in all its forms) pending development and approvals of vaccines were (a)  A waste of time and unnecessary?  Or, (b) The people saved are a waste of time and unnecessary?  Please choose the one that applies.

The virus will now become widespread , due to the lack of vaccinations and also vaccinations do not prevent you from acquiring the virus  , so the 18 month closures would have just delayed the onset .

I am odff the opinion that the World should have just carried on as normal as all the closures have had a worse effect on peoples lives than the virus . 

Had there been no casualties, then it may have been worth it , but millions have died anyway even with all the measures taken 

14 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The virus will now become widespread , due to the lack of vaccinations and also vaccinations do not prevent you from acquiring the virus  , so the 18 month closures would have just delayed the onset .

I am odff the opinion that the World should have just carried on as normal as all the closures have had a worse effect on peoples lives than the virus . 

Had there been no casualties, then it may have been worth it , but millions have died anyway even with all the measures taken 

If we would have carried on as "normal" we would not have had 5 million dead, but more than 500 million. And not an estimated 80 million with long covid but more than a billion.

The world's health services would have completely ground to a halt, with many more dying of other problems because every hospital was full. And not a couple of people dying in the streets of Bangkok, but scores every day.

Fortunately we had some people with knowledge that had better ideas. But unfortunately we had politicians who watered down their expert advice so that we didn't limit it more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

If we would have carried on as "normal" we would not have had 5 million dead, but more than 500 million. And not an estimated 80 million with long covid but more than a billion.

The world's health services would have completely ground to a halt, with many more dying of other problems because every hospital was full. And not a couple of people dying in the streets of Bangkok, but scores every day.

Fortunately we had some people with knowledge that had better ideas. But unfortunately we had politicians who watered down their expert advice so that we didn't limit it more.

We will never know what would have happened if the World just carried on as normal .

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

We will never know what would have happened if the World just carried on as normal .

We won't know exact numbers, but we know it would have been MUCH worse.

Simply by seeing reductions in cases whenever measures were taken. If that wasn't done, it would have been an exponential curve. No doubt about that at all.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

"....vaccinations do not prevent you from acquiring the virus..."

But they do prevent a person from becoming very sick or dying in the vast majority of cases thus stopping the health services from being overrun and crashing. 

Yes it has delayed the spread but now we are protected, it is very simple to understand. 

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brownie said:

😱 I can see all three of them planning the trip

There will be no one left to turn the lights on and off in Ozz.

8 minutes ago, JamesR said:

"....vaccinations do not prevent you from acquiring the virus..."

But they do prevent a person from becoming very sick or dying in the vast majority of cases thus stopping the health services to be overrun and crash. 

Yes it has delayed the spread but now we are protected, it is very simple to understand. 

I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't have been vaccinated , just saying that I do think that everyone should have carried on as normal whilst waiting for the vaccine to be made 

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't have been vaccinated , just saying that I do think that everyone should have carried on as normal whilst waiting for the vaccine to be made 

Then a lot more people would have died during your strange process.

What you are saying is people should be allowed to carry on walking into a toxic smoke filled house and wait there for gas breathing apparatus to be delivered.

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

There will be no one left to turn the lights on and off in Ozz.

Well, it does take a level of expertise..........

Wow!, racist, indeed James.  I've always kept your remarks & Soidodg's separate from the bigoted Stonker, BOB20, et al, beacuse I figured you were  honest & not biased.

I wish Jason all the best in defending his nation against all the miserable White Blue collar workers who wed into Thai homes and are now repenting and realising that their bucks ain't worth shit gainst the rising THB 😂.

My advice - go home and live off your pensions/medinsurance.  Let me know when you die.  It'll provide me a new country to visit.

Salaam/Salom