Jump to content

News Forum - BREAKING: Vaccinated travellers from 10 countries allowed to enter without quarantine starting November 1


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes Soidog then it will be our fault as TAT made the incredible offer others Country's have not. Look at the Headline on today's headline Soi "  Thailand planning huge Extravaganza costing up to 500 to 600 Million baht for the Re-opening "  Clueless and showing just how stupid they are. Why don't they spend this money on Purchasing Vaccines instead of begging for donated vaccines. On a bright note i suppose all the covid patients can be wheeled out to watch the fireworks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sums up who runs the Country. Never mind controlling and bringing down the Pandemic running rampant throughout Thailand, provinces with hardly any vaccines, never mind even a first dose. lets throw Millions of Baht into a Re-opening event and worry later, when your still in the same Boat next year with no Tourists propping up your Economy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vlad said:

This sums up who runs the Country. Never mind controlling and bringing down the Pandemic running rampant throughout Thailand, provinces with hardly any vaccines, never mind even a first dose. lets throw Millions of Baht into a Re-opening event and worry later, when your still in the same Boat next year with no Tourists propping up your Economy.

Some on the forum have been suggesting that's exactly what they want, without saying out loud that they don't really want mass tourism anymore... And seeing the government's day to day actions it's hard not to see their point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gummy said:

The extravaganza may well cost the taxpayers 500-600 million its just that the actual costs will be half that with the rest going into certain peoples bank accounts. That's why they are so keen on it.

How would you know? Are you an inside trader of firework shows or just shooting fireworks from your mouth, again. Saying things without basis or knowledge, wow!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's be honest Bob there not a democratic Government elected by the Thai people they are military with military backgrounds with no universally Educated members in Commerce. So they have no qualifications of how to handle failing tourism and the Economy, there very good at quashing demonstrations and  silencing anyone opposing them. If the Thai people show any sign's of dissent they simply roll out propaganda and it usually settles them down but in the west we know what there about and we can't be fobbed off with lies and propaganda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vlad said:

Let's be honest Bob there not a democratic Government elected by the Thai people they are military with military backgrounds with no universally Educated members in Commerce. So they have no qualifications of how to handle failing tourism and the Economy, there very good at quashing demonstrations and  silencing anyone opposing them. If the Thai people show any sign's of dissent they simply roll out propaganda and it usually settles them down but in the west we know what there about and we can't be fobbed off with lies and propaganda.

And unfortunately for the Thai people this current government have several members in it that were responsible for the way they treated there citizens in 2010 with fatal consequences. If that is the only understanding of the Thai people that they can comprehend then pretending to open up to tourists, something that is desperately needed by millions of people now on the poverty line due to their actions, and then finding excuses not to do so, is a callous way of giving hope to those millions with one hand and removing it with the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 10:54 AM, Bob20 said:

We've seen this before in lots of places, so how you think it's grabbed out of thin air makes me wonder whether you've just woken up from a very long sleep or just refuse to see reality.

Show me those figures that verify that it is the tourists versus the locals who are spreading the disease. 

Given that any person entering Thailand for months has had to have two covid tests, and been fully vaccinated and been quarantined for 15 days I suggest it is you who needs to wake up from your delusional sleep.  

If you don't have Covid you can not spread Covid.  Given that there have been few tourists arriving from out of the country certainly "common sense" would tell you.  (PS that is a term for people who can use some degree of logic)  it is not the foreign tourist who is responsible for the rising Covid infection rates.  Now if you suggest it is the domestic tourist, well then why don't you just go out and euthanize the remainder of those people who exist from providing lodging, food, and transport.  Further, if it is domestic tourists why not subject them to the same, pre and post covid tests, in order to travel from one province to another.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 11:01 AM, Bob20 said:

ow you fail to have noticed that vaccinated people can still pick up and carry and spread the virus is a mystery to me... I thought everyone knew this by now.

Yes, I am fully aware of that.  However are you at all cognizant that the vaccines are up to 97% effective.  That means if you have 1000 foreign tourists all vaccinated and tested the chances of them having, or contracting covid are geometrically smaller than the same 1,000 local Thai's  who at best has received vaccines with lower effective rates or no vaccine at all. 

Again, another "common sense" that you seem to be deficient in.  If you want 100% certainty to not catch Covid.  Simple, just stay inside your house, spray it continually with disinfectant, and certainly don't eat any food that might have been touched by a delivery person who possibly could have Covid.  If you do that regimen long enough your chances of catching Covid will drop to Zero. 

 

Edited by longwood50
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Yes, I am fully aware of that.  However are you at all cognizant that the vaccines are up to 97% effective.  That means if you have 1000 foreign tourists all vaccinated and tested the chances of them having, or contracting covid are geometrically smaller than the local population who at best has received vaccines with lower effective rates or no vaccine at all. 

Again, another "common sense" that you seem to be deficient in. 

No wrong, 97% effective means that you are 97% less likely to get sick or die. 

It DOES NOT mean that you are less likely to contract the virus nor less likely to spread it!

But thanks for the insult, while you lack basic knowledge. Seems to be more and more common here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Show me those figures that verify that it is the tourists versus the locals who are spreading the disease. 

Given that any person entering Thailand for months has had to have two covid tests, and been fully vaccinated and been quarantined for 15 days I suggest it is you who needs to wake up from your delusional sleep.  

If you don't have Covid you can not spread Covid.  Given that there have been few tourists arriving from out of the country certainly "common sense" would tell you.  (PS that is a term for people who can use some degree of logic)  it is not the foreign tourist who is responsible for the rising Covid infection rates.  Now if you suggest it is the domestic tourist, well then why don't you just go out and euthanize the remainder of those people who exist from providing lodging, food, and transport.  Further, if it is domestic tourists why not subject them to the same, pre and post covid tests, in order to travel from one province to another.  

You need to read my entire post, or you can't comprehend the matter.

The tourist is not the problem.

The movement of larger and larger groups (tourists and locals) is the problem, incl. opening up of venues where people get together and infect each other (in case of vaccinated persons too, but more likely to be symptomless) and spread the virus.

The rest I've explained a minute ago to your other uninformed reply.

🙏

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

Show me those figures that verify that it is the tourists versus the locals who are spreading the disease. 

Given that any person entering Thailand for months has had to have two covid tests, and been fully vaccinated and been quarantined for 15 days I suggest it is you who needs to wake up from your delusional sleep.  

If you don't have Covid you can not spread Covid.  Given that there have been few tourists arriving from out of the country certainly "common sense" would tell you.  (PS that is a term for people who can use some degree of logic)  it is not the foreign tourist who is responsible for the rising Covid infection rates.  Now if you suggest it is the domestic tourist, well then why don't you just go out and euthanize the remainder of those people who exist from providing lodging, food, and transport.  Further, if it is domestic tourists why not subject them to the same, pre and post covid tests, in order to travel from one province to another.  

You've had the issue explained to you several times, by several different people, in several different ways, from several different perspectives.

You've ignored them all, and still keep banging on that vaccinated tourists are less likely to have Covid than unvaccinated locals.

Nobody here disagrees with that, except over the degree.

NOBODY.

The problem which people are trying to explain to you is the EFFECT of international tourism, not the tourists themselves.

If you can't see the difference by now, there's no point anyone trying to explain it to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 4:12 PM, Thaiger said:

Starting November 1, vaccinated travellers from 10 countries, including the US and UK, will be able to enter Thailand without undergoing quarantine, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced tonight. Travellers will need to show proof that they are vaccinated against Covid-19 and will need to test negative for the virus both before departure and upon arrival. This is a developing story.

The story BREAKING: Vaccinated travellers from 10 countries allowed to enter without quarantine starting November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hi. As for now the PCR test can be anything from 2000 to 4000k thb on arriving from international places. Sometimes more. Pluss the fees from tax for turists now 500 tbh i think. Then you need to pay for the other documents you need before even getting on the plane. 

My question are is this going to change after November? Milking the turists. I realy hope its getting better soon for the general popilation as they need the turism. Maybe more.

This and the thing that thai Gov making it more easy for the rich. My worries are that the normal and family turists going elsevere? And at the end losing a big group of turists. At the end a lot of thais going to lose their income from this area. 

Copy a link of what you need from Sweden etc. Mental...

https://thaiembassy.se/en/guide-for-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-situation/

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vagabond said:

Hi. As for now the PCR test can be anything from 2000 to 4000k thb on arriving from international places. Sometimes more. Pluss the fees from tax for turists now 500 tbh i think. Then you need to pay for the other documents you need before even getting on the plane. 

My question are is this going to change after November? Milking the turists. I realy hope its getting better soon for the general popilation as they need the turism. Maybe more.

This and the thing that thai Gov making it more easy for the rich. My worries are that the normal and family turists going elsevere? And at the end losing a big group of turists. At the end a lot of thais going to lose their income from this area. 

Copy a link of what you need from Sweden etc. Mental...

https://thaiembassy.se/en/guide-for-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-situation/

Cheers

Things change every hour at the moment. If I were you, I'd wait until the end of this month. More should be known by then.

For now Thailand is also still on the EU's red-list so you may need to quarantine on return from holiday. And Sweden is not on the list of countries that are seen as safe (yet) so you will face quarantine when you arrive here.

Keep an eye on the forum, but realise the government here isn't at all clear about what will happen yet. Good luck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It DOES NOT mean that you are less likely to contract the virus nor less likely to spread it!

But thanks for the insult, while you lack basic knowledge. Seems to be more and more common here.

Gee Bob20 your lack of knowledge seems to be at variance with the U.S. center for disease control.  Oh perhaps you have difficulty understanding the difference between Not Contracting, and Not Dying. 

image.png.e3746d9ba31a89ada74b785fe3bf5e18.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Stonker said:

NOBODY.

The problem which people are trying to explain to you is the EFFECT of international tourism, not the tourists themselves.

If you can't see the difference by now, there's no point anyone trying to explain it to you.

Show me the figures that the covid infection here is a result of "international tourists"  Or are you counting the Cambodians that sneak in as "tourists"  Which part of there has been only minimal tourists for months do you have difficulty in comprehending.  Also the few that have arrived have have been vaccinated, undergone a Covid test prior to arrival, then quarantined for 15 days with up to 5 more Covid tests performed before they are allowed to travel.  Andy you really want to try and sell that it is these people who are responsible for spreading the virus?   

If I gave you the opportunity to select spending  24 hours in a room with 1,000 fully vaccinated tourists, tested, and coming out of a 5 day quarantine, or 1,000 local Thai's without any vaccine and you choose the local Thai's, that is all I need to know it is worthless to try factually present anything to you as you lack the ability to use any logic whatsoever. 

Edited by longwood50
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Gee Bob20 your lack of knowledge seems to be at variance with the U.S. center for disease control.  Oh perhaps you have difficulty understanding the difference between Not Contracting, and Not Dying. 

image.png.e3746d9ba31a89ada74b785fe3bf5e18.png

You're not replying to what I said and the CDC quote talks about effectiveness of preventing disease (not about contracting or spreading the virus).

Educate yourself please because you talk absolute nonsense and it's laughable a second time. I can't say it anymore clearly.

Effectiveness gives you the reduction in chance of getting sick or dying when you contract the virus.

Vaccines do NOT prevent you from catching the virus or passing it on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You need to read my entire post, or you can't comprehend the matter.

The tourist is not the problem.

The movement of larger and larger groups (tourists and locals) is the problem, incl. opening up of venues where people get together and infect each other (in case of vaccinated persons too, but more likely to be symptomless) and spread the virus.

The rest I've explained a minute ago to your other uninformed reply.

🙏

I don't normally pull you Bob your up to date on most topics but I have to question your Covid transmissions. Firstly if we fly into Phuket for instance we will have been tested on leaving your Country then if you test at Swampy or Don Muang and you test Negative you will pass covid on because you don't have it. If however you go into a thai owned Restaurant or any other establishment where Locals are providing all the services and the next test you test possitive it is likely the staff at that place transmitted it on you not another tourist. Once you arrive in Thailand most are not double jabbed and more likely will have been jabbed with Sinovac you can get infected by using your Trolley that you put your suitcase on to exit the Airport cos its doubtful there disinfected every time a passenger uses 1 or you could have been in contact by a thai in the washroom. Its doubtful a tourist will spread the virus at the airport on arrival into Thailand of course you can contact it on the Aircraft. All i'm trying to say is tourists will not transmit the virus the locals who are not vaccinated or anyone with only 1 jab has more potential to spread it then a Tourist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Show me the figures that the covid infection here is a result of "international tourists"

JHC, I give up.

I've just told you that it's not.

Everyone else who's tried to explain it to you here has told you that it's not.

You've quoted me telling you that it's not, in that comment.

There's just no point in trying to explain anything to you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, vlad said:

I don't normally pull you Bob your up to date on most topics but I have to question your Covid transmissions. Firstly if we fly into Phuket for instance we will have been tested on leaving your Country then if you test at Swampy or Don Muang and you test Negative you will pass covid on because you don't have it. If however you go into a thai owned Restaurant or any other establishment where Locals are providing all the services and the next test you test possitive it is likely the staff at that place transmitted it on you not another tourist. Once you arrive in Thailand most are not double jabbed and more likely will have been jabbed with Sinovac you can get infected by using your Trolley that you put your suitcase on to exit the Airport cos its doubtful there disinfected every time a passenger uses 1 or you could have been in contact by a thai in the washroom. Its doubtful a tourist will spread the virus at the airport on arrival into Thailand of course you can contact it on the Aircraft. All i'm trying to say is tourists will not transmit the virus the locals who are not vaccinated or anyone with only 1 jab has more potential to spread it then a Tourist.

Thanks Vlad.

Theoretically, being double jabbed and testing negative before departure and after arrival, there is still a chance you could have the virus due to the incubation period of the virus. It could also be a false negative as nothing is 100% correct. That's why there is/was quarantine on arrival even if you tested negative (and sometimes on return too if Thailand is on the red-list). You're correct that the chance is small. We've seen that in the small number of those cases in Phuket. It did happen, but not often.

And yes, it's also possible that you contract the virus here in Thailand (and spread it) The vaccination doesn't prevent you from contracting the virus and passing it on (even though some hard-of-learning on the forum, not you, think they know better than science and research 😉).

And because it's not half as safe here as the numbers are artificially made out to show, Thailand is on red-lists and tourists may look at more tests and quarantine on return. I would even suggest that some may end up in trouble, because if case numbers spike here with all the movements and opening up of venues, their home country may change the rules while they are here, as has happened with other countries before as well.

Hope the explanation about incubation time helps, so yes, both are possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I've just told you that it's not.

Everyone else who's tried to explain it to you here has told you that it's not.

You've quoted me telling you that it's not, in that comment.

There's just no point in trying to explain anything to you.

Well obviously your posts certainly give a person the impression that you blame it on the international tourist coming, going to bars, dining out in restaurants, etc.  

If anyone is to blame for the spread of covid in Thailand it is the government who targeted tourists locking the country down which did little to nothing given the local population was infected and still spreading the disease.  Their fault was trying to sell those measures as effective while ignoring the only true mechanism to lessen infection and that is to get the population inoculated with the best possible vaccines available.  

Instead of ordering adequate supplies of the best vaccines, they ordered minimal amounts of the vaccines with the lowest rate of covid protection.  But gave us curfews, lockdowns, quarantines, alcohol prohibition, business closures and tried to sell those as somehow the answer.   Even if those measures had some meaningful benefit which I seriously question, ok then what.  Those measures stay on forever?  The only rational approach is one that allows the population be immunized against the disease since it is impossible to quarantine the population to prevent exposure to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A number of posts in this topic have been removed. Debate is welcome, but bickering and characterizing statements on another member’s mental state are not. 

Please express your disagreement in a more civil manner on the news threads.

Thanks,

Moderator

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use