News Forum - BREAKING: Vaccinated travellers from 10 countries allowed to enter without quarantine starting November 1

Thaiger

Starting November 1, vaccinated travellers from 10 countries, including the US and UK, will be able to enter Thailand without undergoing quarantine, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced tonight. Travellers will need to show proof that they are vaccinated against Covid-19 and will need to test negative for the virus both before departure and upon arrival. This is a developing story.

The story BREAKING: Vaccinated travellers from 10 countries allowed to enter without quarantine starting November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It will be interesting to see what this really means?  He says “I have asked the CCSA to urgently consider within this week”. So it’s not deal done yet. There is also the question of what this means in terms of COE and Covid insurance etc. Bars and nightlife will remain closed until December 1st. That’s 8 weeks away and so a lot can happen.

Im planning on returning in January and I should make sure I get out there early in Jan. Come end of Jan it could be back in Lockdown. I shudder to think of environments like crowded bars and nightclubs even in the U.K. with its vaccination of around 70%. It’s encouraging in as much as it shows they want to get tourism moving. It’s utterly scary for those unvaccinated Thais who could pay a heavy price if people are moving around the country. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, JohnnyP said:

Wil be interesting to see which 10 countries can come and additional information. I'm sure they will still have COE etc etc.

Yes I feel the same in regard to COE and insurance. That’s the real pain for many people. Staying 7 days in Phuket is no big deal. Many people would do that anyway while on holiday. It’s all the documentation and uploading them and part 1 and part 2 COE. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JohnnyP said:

Wil be interesting to see which 10 countries can come and additional information. I'm sure they will still have COE etc etc.

Don't know yet, as it hasn't been detailed as of yet.

I'm presuming that the lifting of the quarantine [for some] would include the goddamn COE and mandated insurance scam.....[???] We'll see - check any Thai Embassy site in a couple of days.

12 minutes ago, Rain said:

Don't know yet, as it hasn't been detailed as of yet.

I'm presuming that the lifting of the quarantine [for some] would include the goddamn COE and mandated insurance scam.....[???] We'll see - check any Thai Embassy site in a couple of days.

Given a hotel booking was a central plank of the COE surely it has to go ? What would be the point of it now ?

Plus if residents can now go to Thailand and go straight home, there is no need for it or the app right ?

Its coming home its coming home its coming expats coming home ........always loved that Prayut goon ! 😄

23 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I feel the same in regard to COE and insurance. That’s the real pain for many people. Staying 7 days in Phuket is no big deal. Many people would do that anyway while on holiday. It’s all the documentation and uploading them and part 1 and part 2 COE. 

Well for sure it can't stay in its current format as this announcement makes it obsolete - lets think glass half full. 

• Like 1

According to Reuters "Visitors from at least 10 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said in a televised speech. More countries will later be added to the list, he said".

Good, Germany is on the list. We will see...

Should have opened months ago. Its clear for a while now that the spread from vaccinated foreigners is negligible compared to spread domestically in factories and construction camps.

At this point if you havent got vaccinated, its your own fault. Especially since oldies are prioritised. 

Anyone still saying there are shortages are lying. The government is begging people to get them and theyve moved onto school kids. 

I drove 2 hrs each direction to get mine.

Open up already, its well past due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Sorry Bob my mistake

Won't last long when the next lockdown hits.

No problem. Just preventing you from sending the wife out with your credit card 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Not GBP - very very minor dip today (0.3) - still close to 2 year highs

I know, still, noticeable spike near -1% at the time of the announcement.

IMG_20211011_221857.jpg

The devil is in the details, and I want to know those before buying plane fair. Promising for sure, and even works with my timeline of returning right after Christmas. However I want to see what areas are opening, what restrictions will be in place and when the nightlife will reopen. I don't mind doing seven days in Phuket for a three week holiday. However if I can start in Pattaya or Bangkok first it certainly makes putting up with other requirements more palatable. 

• Like 1

From the reporting in the BKK Post: "rime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Monday that he will push for the opening up of the country to fully vaccinated foreign tourists from at least 10 countries on Nov 1, as the government earlier planned."

He said "push for" not "will".

This is a dramatic announcement but, as usual with such things, I defer to Shakespeare and his "sound and fury" line.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Should have opened months ago. Its clear for a while now that the spread from vaccinated foreigners is negligible compared to spread domestically in factories and construction camps.

At this point if you havent got vaccinated, its your own fault. Especially since oldies are prioritised. 

Anyone still saying there are shortages are lying. The government is begging people to get them and theyve moved onto school kids. 

I drove 2 hrs each direction to get mine.

Open up already, its well past due.

Well you are incorrect as far as CM is concerned as on another note there is not a big want for the CCP junk they are pushing into the masses and there should be a choice not forced. So you can keep your thinking abs you better hope you or the foreigners you say are not a problem don’t get someone sick and kill them. Because the fact if the matter is, you are every little bit as toxic to spread the virus even if you are jabbed. 

• Like 1

Well we can safely be assured that these elite pinheads will be well away from the general public and well protected and sheltered. Why would they have to worry? They will see. 

• Cool 1

6 minutes ago, JamesE said:

From the reporting in the BKK Post: "rime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Monday that he will push for the opening up of the country to fully vaccinated foreign tourists from at least 10 countries on Nov 1, as the government earlier planned."

He said "push for" not "will".

This is a dramatic announcement but, as usual with such things, I defer to Shakespeare and his "sound and fury" line.

He has announced it on TV as fact

Bkk post is about as reliable as facebook for news imo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

He has announced it on TV as fact

Bkk post is about as reliable as facebook for news imo

He actually said he will push the CCSA for it, but that's him as well... 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

He actually said he will push the CCSA for it, but that's him as well... 🤣🤣🤣

Yes that's what I thought unless he denies himself ! 

So if that's the case was there a rubber stamping date proposed ?