Prachuap reports 83 new COVID-19 cases, 45 cases in Hua Hin

NCC1701A

"Elsewhere in the province, 28 cases were found in Pranburi, 1 case in Sam Roi Yot, No- case in Kuiburi, No-case found in Thap Sakae, No- cases in Bang Saphan, and also No-case found in Bang Saphan Noi, and 9 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan."

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/oct-11-prachuap-reports-83-new-covid-19-cases-45-cases-in-hua-hin/

Those statistics don't differentiate between "cases" and people who were actually sick. That would have been the most useful metrics to make sense of all of this.

11,566-10,827 = 739. 

739 people who have not?
Fully recovered from illness? 

Still in quarantine?

Dead?

Still in hospital?

10,827 have been discharged? Discharged from what? Discharged from the hospital? From Quarantine? 

Maybe this means that 336+42 are actually sick and in hospital? That would mean 378 are actually sick and the remainder were not actually sick with covid but were only a "case" due to a positive test?

That would put an actual 3.3% of cases got sick?

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the post, Freeduhdumb..I was able to find the CDC (USA) definition of a

A probable case or death is defined as any one of the following:

• Meets clinical criteria AND epidemiologic linkage with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for SARS-CoV-2
  • Meets presumptive laboratory evidence
  • Meets vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2

you aware of any such definition in Thailand

9 hours ago, BainaiThai said:

Thanks for the post, Freeduhdumb..I was able to find the CDC (USA) definition of a

A probable case or death is defined as any one of the following:

• Meets clinical criteria AND epidemiologic linkage with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for SARS-CoV-2
  • Meets presumptive laboratory evidence
  • Meets vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2

you aware of any such definition in Thailand

Who knows any such definitions in Thailand. It's ludicrous that USA definition. "no confirmatory" and "presumptive" says it all... in other words, they have no idea if they are dying of a disease called covid19. 

Thailand, like all countries is following the WHO designated rules on the numbers to measure and report regarding Covid based on positive PCR tests only.  It was not mandated by WHO and Thailand made a massive mistake by forcing everyone testing positive into 'hospitals' - especially Tourists and Expats for other reasons.  But the biggest stuff up was that it caused Thais to escape back to their villages/towns before they were tested. Now it looks like things are opening back up, and as that little girl sitting in front of the TV in that movie said:  "They're back".  I expect positive Covid test numbers to go up - I hope I am wrong - but I reckon the daily numbers might be increasing as more and more Thais come back to the Provinces expecting more tourists. 

• Thanks 1