News Forum - Covid-19 cases are rising, not falling – CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Thaiger

Last week, I wrote about the problems that govs might have in falsifying CV figures. They always run the risk that there will be a whistle blower external event such as a sudden increase in the demand for coffins or funeral urns to expose the suspiciously low death rates.

I also wrote that there are likely to be advisors who will point this out and suggest that it is not a good idea to falsify these because of the near certainty that it will be exposed. If this story is true, then it shows the stupidity of the TH gov in ignoring such advice. But then again, why should that be a surprise in TH.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

If those doctors said that the number is actually lower, they would 'not know what they were talking about, crazy conspiracy theorists and what not'. In this case everyone would believe the CCSA numbers. 

Now these doctors say it's actually higher, people believe these doctors and not going with the CCSA numbers. 

Plenty of evidence on this. Any doctor who came forward saying the numbers are not right, or there's something fishy going on in the past, was immediately ridiculed, blocked and what not. 

I'm only curious why right now people who were fuming when one didn't believe the numbers, now are totally like: Yeah they messed with the numbers! Good that they have spoken out!  

Are people constantly flip-flopping like this because they don't want to admit they were scared of a paper tiger? If anyone doesn't think so, up to you. It's as scary as you make it for yourself. 

Why there's much being messed with the numbers is just keeping all the restrictions up as long as possible to benefit from it economically. People are probably calling this conspiracy again, but in the same time always pointing at how corrupt certain countries are. 

Thanks for your unsupported opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiJoDavO said:

If those doctors said that the number is actually lower, they would 'not know what they were talking about, crazy conspiracy theorists and what not'. In this case everyone would believe the CCSA numbers. 

Now these doctors say it's actually higher, people believe these doctors and not going with the CCSA numbers. 

Plenty of evidence on this. Any doctor who came forward saying the numbers are not right, or there's something fishy going on in the past, was immediately ridiculed, blocked and what not. 

I'm only curious why right now people who were fuming when one didn't believe the numbers, now are totally like: Yeah they messed with the numbers! Good that they have spoken out!  

Are people constantly flip-flopping like this because they don't want to admit they were scared of a paper tiger? If anyone doesn't think so, up to you. It's as scary as you make it for yourself. 

Why there's much being messed with the numbers is just keeping all the restrictions up as long as possible to benefit from it economically. People are probably calling this conspiracy again, but in the same time always pointing at how corrupt certain countries are. 

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point here?  To me, it’s obvious why people behaved that way. Simply because any logical thinking halfwit with an IQ of 50 would know the official numbers are way too low. So any doctor claiming they were lower was obviously out of their mind. These latest reports are in line with what is clearly something that is often missed in Thailand. It’s called THE TRUTH! 

• Like 2

Time to stop paying attention to covid statistics.

Get the vaccine and live your life. Theres enough vaccines for everyone.

Covid doesnt even cross my mind anymore. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rip255 said:

I'm pleased for you, but it proves that you're not reading the many posts here from people that live in other areas where they never have stock, not even of Sinovac. Even the government's more than optimistic figures claim only some 30% double jabbed and that includes double Sinovac which gives little protection.

So without any doubt even those figures are far too low to open up.

I want everything that others want too. But let's have a little patience until those that have not been given the chance yet, have been jabbed too.

A little humanity and compassion doesn't go amiss, and if you were less lucky and hadn't been jabbed, you'd appreciate that too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I think before it was just pcr recorded cases here and the limited number of targeted tests that gave poor numbers that people didn't believe.. here in phuket I'm sure was the start of antigen testing and they must have got greedy on hiding the numbers just to say the sandbox was safe..

now antigen testing is increasing throughout the country and definitely not being recorded. The official recorded numbers of pcr testing is reducing And is now being pointed out by doctor's 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Sure. That works. Peace of mind.....maybe.

Personally, I'm still awaiting Mother Nature's next venture of an improve and selected extermination cycle. Particular groups in mind...

Certainly, would be beneficial for most everything.

😉

6 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Well it hardly breaking news. Certain members on this forum have been saying the same thing for weeks now.

ATK tests not in the numbers 

Lower numbers of PCR testing

Sound all to familiar to me, I could trawl through weeks and weeks  of posts saying the exact same things but you've all read them and can name the members.

Thanks to you all.

Yes, but "certain members" constantly cry 'wolf' which dilutes the issue - this is hardly in the same category.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I think before it was just pcr recorded cases here and the limited number of targeted tests that gave poor numbers that people didn't believe.. here in phuket I'm sure was the start of antigen testing and they must have got greedy on hiding the numbers just to say the sandbox was safe..

now antigen testing is increasing throughout the country and definitely not being recorded. The official recorded numbers of pcr testing is reducing And is now being pointed out by doctor's 

Supposedly, above all in Phuket with its Covid Care Centres, those testing positive with antigen tests were meant to be tested again by PCR tests.

That all too evidently never happened.

Now the reality is coming out and not only are the rates obviously considerably higher than announced but so are the rates of those protected by prior infection.

Lose-lose, for a minimal short term gain.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Rather unfortunate for those around you, but you're all too evidently far from the only one.

The Govt has an option here, stop antigen testing altogether, or label it as misinformation or ban counting them and then all is well as their numbers are fine because they are the only numbers.  Other option tell the truth, discounted that as a possibilty already.

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

What possible motive would doctors have for fabricating this and trying to maintain lockdown? Surely doctors want people to come to hospital for routine treatments and operations. They want people to visit local clinics for blood tests and other routine preventative care. This is nothing more than regional doctors calling it out. While Bangkok is getting back on its feet with high vaccination levels, once again, the rest of Thailand is left to languish and sort its own mess out. In my view, these people are hero’s for saying how it is. If there is nothing to fear then give accurate test numbers and the results. 

The UK has a similar population. It is logging 35,000 cases per day and 125 deaths (average) with a vaccinated population. How can Thailand be reporting 10,000 cases and less than 100 deaths? Utterly ridiculous. More like 60,000 cases and 200-300 deaths. My only surprise is that the U.K. removed Thailand from its red travel list. I’m glad it has from a personal selfish perspective as it eases travel for me. From a health and science based perspective it was wrong to do so. 

Your accurate  figures for new cases for Thailand vs UK are 'odd' to say the least, worked out in a Government special massage parlour where only numbers are massaged. Perhaps if Thailand had attempted to test anywhere near the tests carried out in the UK we might see a different figure. Currently UK has carried out 311 million tests. Thailand less than 10 million tests. Admittedly a large number of UK tests are repeat tests particularly with front line workers but 300 million difference says a lot about Thailand's Government's attitude. The UK also has a different interpretation of Covid related deaths to Thailand. 

As for vaccinations, it has become shambolic, exacerbated by Chan-o-cha's fixation/obsession with his Phuket sandbox. The rest of the Country is a secondary issue with ad hoc vaccination centres. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's easy to scaremonger. There is a big difference between being exposed and being positive. Absolutely there were probably 800 people exposed, doesn't mean they all got it though. 

I know from work colleagues who tested positive. I was in close contact with them but didn't catch it. 

Buy a lottery ticket your blessed.

6 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Hate, dislike, whatever you want to call it. People are tired of these 'expert doctors' who are cumming in their pants when they are thinking of how everyone is locked up in their home. 

People have for a long time stopped walking in line. Idk where you are at the moment, but whenever I'm outside, the only thing I see is face masks (which were a normality already because of PM2.5) , and no one is doing anything other than that. Maybe once in a while some random person is getting some alcohol gel, but that's it. + I talk to lots of people about this and almost always get the same response: open up. 

People also have for a long time spoken up against it. But hey, that was all conspiracy back then. 

Funny thing tho is, now the doctors are calling the numbers into doubt (too low) and it's all perfectly fine and everyone is like: Yeah, the numbers are wrong. While the same people's blood started boiling if you were even about to mention that numbers were a bit odd. 

But hey, numbers are often more exciting than life. 

Who do you believe are giving out the numbers ? The Doctor's who are fighting in the Trenches or the ministers sat in there office thinking up figures to B/S people ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rip255 said:

There's not enough for Thailand that's why there trying get doses donated from other country's.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Why there's much being messed with the numbers is just keeping all the restrictions up as long as possible to benefit from it economically

How is it possible for anyone here to "benefit economically" from having "restrictions"? 

Nobody can "benefit economically" from them, but they're needed to stop the virus spreading, until everyone can be fully and effectively vaccinated.

There's no possible way any individuals can "benefit economically" from the restrictions - just the country as a whole, in the long term, once everyone who can be is vaccinated.

If you don't agree, then please explain who can "benefit economically" from keeping the restrictions, and how.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rip255 said:

The only covid numbers that I look are the number of daily deaths and hospitalized as it impacts human lives and the strain on healthcare system. As long as you do not see people dying at home and dying on the streets means its a good sign not like before. It means to me that healthcare is adequate and infected are being taken care of.

Daily new cases is no longer meaningful to me as it can be manipulated in many ways. Politicians should really not mess with people's lives just for their benefit. How low can you go.

• Cool 1

5 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Daily new cases is no longer meaningful to me as it can be manipulated in many ways.

And the most obvious is a testing regime with high false +ve results for asymptomatic citizens, more testing = more results.

Hospitalisation numbers and deaths paint a clearer picture despite the latter being inflated by unconfirmed 'other' possible causes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

Rather unfortunate for those around you, but you're all too evidently far from the only one.

Why unfortunate for those around you? Covid-19 is an unpleasant virus but it isn’t much different from any other virus that infects the lower respiratory tract. These types of infections are the third most common cause of death in the world and they are spread by people coming into contact with other people all living their normal lives. The good news is that coming into contact with viruses is actually essential for us as it keeps our natural immune system strong and healthy. Vaccinating yourself is fine but it doesn’t protect others because you can still pass the virus on to those you come into close proximity with, be it in a restaurant or a supermarket. That’s just life but if you worry about this then impose a lockdown on yourself. Nobody’s stopping you. 

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

How is it possible for anyone here to "benefit economically" from having "restrictions"? 

Nobody can "benefit economically" from them, but they're needed to stop the virus spreading, until everyone can be fully and effectively vaccinated.

There's no possible way any individuals can "benefit economically" from the restrictions - just the country as a whole, in the long term, once everyone who can be is vaccinated.

If you don't agree, then please explain who can "benefit economically" from keeping the restrictions, and how.

Quarantine hotel owners ? 

Several Akha villages around my district in Chiang Rai have had 90% infected from the young to the very old. None of them included in the statistics for this province. No deaths as far as I know. But hundreds missing from the statistics.

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Quarantine hotel owners ? 

Fair point - what @DijoDavO seems to be suggesting, then, is that "all the restrictions" across Thailand are being kept up just to benefit the quarantine hotel owners .....

I have been saying the figures have been fiddled with over the last year and stating this on thaiger but was knocked down with comments saying I had no proof. 

My comments were  based on the fact if you have very few vaccinations but still allow people to mingle in the millions in shops, restaurant and other public places then naturally the virus will spread as it would in the rest of the world. 

It is a pity as I want to do a six months trip to Thailand but I am holding back as Thailand may go back on the red list in the uk thus invalidating my health insurance etc. 

Edited by JamesR
Typo