News Forum - Covid-19 cases are rising, not falling – CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Thaiger

The Covid-19 infection numbers being reported by the CCSA are being called into question by the Rural Doctors Society. According to a Thai PBS World report, the RDS argues that the number of daily new cases is going up, not down. According to the report, the society says that yesterday, the CCSA reported 2 figures for new cases – 10,817 infections from PCR testing and 10,055 from antigen kit testing. However, in its news briefing, the CCSA reported the total number of new infections as 10,817. Thai PBS World reports that the RDS has urged people to be aware that […]

The post Covid-19 cases are rising, not falling – CCSA infection numbers called into doubt appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

predicts a significant spike in infections this week.

And we'll be back to 14d quaranten again. Dejavu.

• Like 2

What, officials here telling fibs or covering things up? Well with lack of testing or taking testing down to a bare minimum, it is neither so they are ok.

• Like 3

What was Chan o Cha telling everyone last Month ohhh we will be clear of infections within 8 weeks. Bullshitery at its best wonder how the propaganda minister spins this 1 this morning when it lands on there desks.

• Like 3

my Thai maid just told me she saw on Thai Television that 800 people have been exposed or tested positive to the Communist Chinese virus here in Hua Hin at a popular Thai morning market. here in Thailand where Thais live.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

my Thai maid just told me she saw on Thai Television that 800 people have been exposed or tested positive to Covid here in Hua Hin at a popular Thai morning market. here in Thailand where Thais live.

It was reported elsewhere this morning that the market was closed down but no numbers of covid positives were stated. That place must resemble a scene from "the walking dead" now. 

CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Well it hardly breaking news. Certain members on this forum have been saying the same thing for weeks now.

ATK tests not in the numbers 

Lower numbers of PCR testing

Sound all to familiar to me, I could trawl through weeks and weeks  of posts saying the exact same things but you've all read them and can name the members.

Thanks to you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

my Thai maid just told me she saw on Thai Television that 800 people have been exposed or tested positive to Covid here in Hua Hin at a popular Thai morning market. here in Thailand where Thais live.

Yes that was closed the other day there in HH and 800 is just a number as depends on how many visited and came in direct front line contact.. Also up here CM's open biggest market got hit super hard last week and was closed. If info is correct from the wife, hundreds of folk tested positive and then that will also run back to their homes around the province where they grow and harvest. Today we should see the new numbers. The market is is rather huge so this could literally be thousands.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

my Thai maid just told me she saw on Thai Television that 800 people have been exposed or tested positive to the Communist Chinese virus here in Hua Hin at a popular Thai morning market. here in Thailand where Thais live.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/chatchai-market-ordered-closed-to-due-covid-19-outbreak/

30 from 11 as of yesterday reported here. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

It was reported elsewhere this morning that the market was closed down but no numbers of covid positives were stated. That place must resemble a scene from "the walking dead" now. 

Closed for 3 days for cleaning

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Closed for 3 days for cleaning

Don't worry clean the floor that will get rid of it..! Had same here in patong .. bangla Road was closed to access for a month,  then they cleaned the road surface !  Saying they are washing away the covid ! Hmm maybe the flooded areas are safe now..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i guess my maid is prone to exaggeration. 😀 

It's easy to scaremonger. There is a big difference between being exposed and being positive. Absolutely there were probably 800 people exposed, doesn't mean they all got it though. 

I know from work colleagues who tested positive. I was in close contact with them but didn't catch it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i just leave mine down all the time. saves time and energy. 

Yeah and if exaggeration comes into play, you will always be nicknamed Hercules and the great python. So nice to have ones .......... ego stroked.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Well it hardly breaking news. Certain members on this forum have been saying the same thing for weeks now.

ATK tests not in the numbers 

Lower numbers of PCR testing

Sound all to familiar to me, I could trawl through weeks and weeks  of posts saying the exact same things but you've all read them and can name the members.

Thanks to you all.

Who said that?

images (40).jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

So could be 799 exposed and 1 positive based on what you are saying. Also, thank you for reminding us that Thais live in Thailand. Helpful reminder. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

So could be 799 exposed and 1 positive based on what you are saying. Also, thank you for reminding us that Thais live in Thailand. Helpful reminder. 

your welcome. 

• Haha 2