News Forum - Political parties begin to name their nominees for prime minister

Thaiger

Names are beginning to be thrown around as each political party plans their nomination for the next prime minister of Thailand. The Palang Pracharath Party currently ruling have chosen to nominate current prime minister PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, who does not belong to a political party, instead of their own party leader, though rumours say they are preparing one or two backup nominations amid questions of eligibility and sagging poll numbers. Leader of the PPRP Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan vowed to support PM Prayut and says he has no hard feelings for not receiving his party’s nomination. But critics call […]

The post Political parties begin to name their nominees for prime minister appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Leader of the PPRP Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan vowed to support PM Prayut and says he has no hard feelings for not receiving his party’s nomination."

There is an old saying that "Politics is Show Business for Ugly People".

However, there is a height, weight and number of watches limit.

😎😎😎😎😎😎

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"Leader of the PPRP Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan vowed to support PM Prayut and says he has no hard feelings for not receiving his party’s nomination."

There is an old saying that "Politics is Show Business for Ugly People".

However, there is a height, weight and number of watches limit.

😎😎😎😎😎😎

Not heard that before. Are you a politician? 🤔🤭

• Haha 1

But critics call into question PM Prayut’s eligibility as the constitution forbids anyone from holding the prime minister position for more than 8 years, a problem Prawit says will be determined by the Constitutional Court.

The new election is expected to take place in March of 2023, 4 years after the 2019 election March 24, the first election held under the 2017 Constitution.

Probably goes something like this:

Constitutional Court finds that as the constitution is only valid from 2017 and as Prayut has only contested  one electoral term of 4 years it will not be unconstitutional for him to remain for another elected 4 year term.

Thank you for all those gifts in brown envelopes also.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I haven't see next PM being better than previous one, so don't really care

can''t see ... no me neither.  Buddha forgive us if Prawit had been nominated 🙄

Peu thai nomination must be a controversial one ... not another shin I hope.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

can''t see ... no me neither.  Buddha forgive us if Prawit had been nominated 🙄

Peu thai nomination must be a controversial one ... not another shin I hope.

haven't seen... damn you autocorrect! 

• Haha 1

Oh....sorry...first we have to have a Properly Constituted Constitutional Court (WOW!!! Trying saying that 3 times fast..... I just noticed that  PCCC is CCCP backwards).....hmmmm

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, palooka said:

But critics call into question PM Prayut’s eligibility as the constitution forbids anyone from holding the prime minister position for more than 8 years, a problem Prawit says will be determined by the Constitutional Court.

The new election is expected to take place in March of 2023, 4 years after the 2019 election March 24, the first election held under the 2017 Constitution.

Probably goes something like this:

Constitutional Court finds that as the constitution is only valid from 2017 and as Prayut has only contested  one electoral term of 4 years it will not be unconstitutional for him to remain for another elected 4 year term.

Thank you for all those gifts in brown envelopes also.

Please don't help them to come up with any excuses. 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i nominate my cat. 

Businessman: I'd like to get some advantages for my business. 

*hands brown envelope full of Whiskas*

Cat: Purrfect, we have a deal. 

• Haha 4

Well the Hyenas are circling the Lion, interesting times ahead. 

The PM, is in my opinion, as safe as houses, as long as he maintains the support of the military. That support shows no sign of disapating.

The views, wants, likes and dislikes of all others is a total irrelevance, especially when he enjoys the confidence of he who must not be named, but lives in a German hotel. 😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Well the Hyenas are circling the Lion, interesting times ahead. 

The PM, is in my opinion, as safe as houses, as long as he maintains the support of the military. That support shows no sign of disapating.

The views, wants, likes and dislikes of all others is a total irrelevance, especially when he enjoys the confidence of he who must not be named, but lives in a German hotel. 😉

Yep. Quite reasonable. 

Prayut, and his minions, isn't going anywhere. 

Your third paragraph hints as to the key of understanding why he was chosen and why he remains. Many have forgotten or don't know his role and title among the influential ones. 

Actually, if one closely examines contemporary Thai history, you'll find that these "relationships" were/are very common as such applies to past PMs, coup leaders, etc. Chosen by the special folks and permitted to pursue. 

That's what the base of Thai politics [at the national level] is all about. And only about. The keen relationships.

9 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Please don't help them to come up with any excuses. 

Excuses aren't necessary for the premier role of Dictator For life.

29 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"Meanwhile, Bhumjaithai Party will nominate Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul, their party’s leader."

thailand's political scenarios continue to sink further into the abyss

Yet, not for their own kind.

The system exist for their own survival. 

Yet, I'm sensing a shift of great proportions that is long overdue - revolution.

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

Yet, not for their own kind.

The system exist for their own survival. 

Yet, I'm sensing a shift of great proportions that is long overdue - revolution.

So long as all the dregs are finally swept away to the gutter, not just some who may escape planning to return later.

4 hours ago, yetanother said:

"Meanwhile, Bhumjaithai Party will nominate Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul, their party’s leader."

thailand's political scenarios continue to sink further into the abyss

If he will take over, I've no idea where the country will be by the next election. I know it'll be down, but how far.... 

7 hours ago, gummy said:

So long as all the dregs are finally swept away to the gutter, not just some who may escape planning to return later.

Yeah. Easier said than done, of course. 

Been suggested by a few over the years - a thorough cleansing is required before any advancement can be achieved. Most definitely includes those at the very tippy-top. 

We can dreamingly speak of changing this and changing that on the surface, yet little [if any] progress and healing will take place if the cancers still see the light of day.

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

Yeah. Easier said than done, of course. 

Been suggested by a few over the years - a thorough cleansing is required before any advancement can be achieved. Most definitely includes those at the very tippy-top. 

We can dreamingly speak of changing this and changing that on the surface, yet little [if any] progress and healing will take place if the cancers still see the light of day.

If ever there was a need for radioactive sandwiches to cure cancer, it is here.