News Forum - November reopening to international tourists predicts 1.5 trillion baht

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Jacob23 said:

I am on the fence. Deciding between Phuket Sandbox and Bangkok. I intend on travelling early Dec and stay a month in Bangkok. 

Is it possible that we will have quarantine free arrival in Bangkok after Nov 1? that would be awesome. I am not interested in Phuket Sandbox but I don't want to be stuck in a hotel room for 7 days in Bangkok. 

They sell rope ladders on Lazada !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Yes, not official blah blah blah. Doesn't mean not correct. 

I've been following for a long time now and always found them accurate. 

Affiliated to a law firm, it's in their interest to be correct, no?

I'm sure they won't intentionally get it wrong, but humans are humans and if they do that won't help you when you're stood in front of an immigration officer at the airport! 

Quoting a law firm as opposed to the real embassy isn't going to help, I want it from the horses mouth personally

bla bla to fill up the news as postive as they can, reality is usually underneath , what about the real details undescribed to proceed ?

COE is rejected by majority of tourists allover, a small portion will come if that heavy paperwork is not cancelled, what kind of tests on arrival and on the 6th day ? What happen if those tests are negatives ? A new test will be done to confirm the latest ? We know those tests are not very much accurate, a double vaccination, yes !!! potential of getting seriously ill is almost non existant as well as transmitting the virus in high proportion.

48 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I'm sure they won't intentionally get it wrong, but humans are humans and if they do that won't help you when you're stood in front of an immigration officer at the airport! 

Quoting a law firm as opposed to the real embassy isn't going to help, I want it from the horses mouth personally

Just treat it as a guide. As far as the process for entering LOS at this time they've been more or less  accurate up to now. 

For updates to the Sandbox, eligible countries list, SHA+ hotels, how to get a CoE, insurance, quarantine periods, Phuket, Samui etc etc etc they've been good. 

If people want to get uptight, up to them.

As the Thai saying goes...

"Don ting too much!"

17 hours ago, Jacob23 said:

I am on the fence. Deciding between Phuket Sandbox and Bangkok. I intend on travelling early Dec and stay a month in Bangkok. 

Is it possible that we will have quarantine free arrival in Bangkok after Nov 1? that would be awesome. I am not interested in Phuket Sandbox but I don't want to be stuck in a hotel room for 7 days in Bangkok. 

Rules are changing everyday. Come 1st Nov Thailand will be open. Stay tune 

It's the same stupid talk as before that 10000 billion vaccines will come next week and by the end of next week they plan to vaccinate 500% of citizens. Repeated weekly for a year with different numbers.

Edited by stapoz

11 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Rules are changing everyday. Come 1st Nov Thailand will be open. Stay tune 

If they do that and significant numbers start traveling around the country, it will close with lockdowns on 1 December.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

If they do that and significant numbers start traveling around the country, it will close with lockdowns on 1 December.

Just because you *want* that to happen does not mean it will. Thai people are over it, they know 99.6% or more will be fine and they are no longer willing to trade limited days on this rock for the lockdowners.

2 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Just because you *want* that to happen does not mean it will. Thai people are over it, they know 99.6% or more will be fine and they are no longer willing to trade limited days on this rock for the lockdowners.

Really? personally I don't think so. Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Tim said:

Really? personally I don't think so. Time will tell.

I am just going by what I am seeing on the streets. Chinatown tonight, loads of people, eating, drinking, laughing and most only going through the motions with the mask routine. Traffic almost seems worse now in BKK than pre-covid.

27 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

I don't "want" that at all. 

But it is what will happen if you let people (who can all carry the virus) travel around the country, spreading the infection just like at Songkran, while not even half the population is protected.

That people are "over it", doesn't change that this virus still kills and that dropping our guard too early will inevitably lead to bigger problems again.

10 hours ago, Bob20 said:

In my opinion, most countries are now pushing for higher vaccination in its population and vaccines are rather adequate. Also people are restless and tired of consistent lockdowns after 2 years of covid. I see many countries trying to open up knowing that herd immunity and zero covid is not possible. Lockdown is not the forward solution but only a relief to the healthcare system.  I hope Thailand open up and stay that way with measures to control spread like social distancing, masks wearing and immunization, etc. God Bless that we push through and overcome this terrible disease. 

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

In my opinion, most countries are now pushing for higher vaccination in its population and vaccines are rather adequate. Also people are restless and tired of consistent lockdowns after 2 years of covid. I see many countries trying to open up knowing that herd immunity and zero covid is not possible. Lockdown is not the forward solution but only a relief to the healthcare system.  I hope Thailand open up and stay that way with measures to control spread like social distancing, masks wearing and immunization, etc. God Bless that we push through and overcome this terrible disease. 

I agree with the points you raise. However, Thailand hasn't reached an acceptable level of cover yet and the main vaccine wasn't at all "adequate". Also, the preventative measures are not enforced and too many are not following them.

Thailand wants to copy other countries that have reached higher levels, but it simply isn't ready yet. The argument that people are fed-up doesn't change that.

Two new field hospitals in Khon Kaen, a section of Chiang Mai city closed off, countless other clusters and 3000-4000 deaths per month isn't a good starting point. And when big movements start when everything opens up too early, it won't take long before we have "Songkran 2".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I agree with the points you raise. However, Thailand hasn't reached an acceptable level of cover yet and the main vaccine wasn't at all "adequate". Also, the preventative measures are not enforced and too many are not following them.

Thailand wants to copy other countries that have reached higher levels, but it simply isn't ready yet. The argument that people are fed-up doesn't change that.

Two new field hospitals in Khon Kaen, a section of Chiang Mai city closed off, countless other clusters and 3000-4000 deaths per month isn't a good starting point. And when big movements start when everything opens up too early, it won't take long before we have "Songkran 2".

I understand Thailand is not there with a comfort level of vaccination (now 43% fully vaccinated) but I see Thai authorities trying very hard to increase this rate at speed to catch up due to a screw up of acquiring vaccines.  This could be in line with its opening plans as most innoculations are happening in major cities with higher vaccination levels. 

12 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

I understand Thailand is not there with a comfort level of vaccination (now 43% fully vaccinated) but I see Thai authorities trying very hard to increase this rate at speed to catch up due to a screw up of acquiring vaccines.  This could be in line with its opening plans as most innoculations are happening in major cities with higher vaccination levels. 

Well, then you appear to have different info. I see closed vaccination sites in the city they already previously wanted to open. And the countries daily jab-number isn't even half what was promised and that includes the 20% boosters, artificially inflating the actual number of "vaccine doses" even further.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Yes, not official blah blah blah. Doesn't mean not correct. 

I've been following for a long time now and always found them accurate. 

Affiliated to a law firm, it's in their interest to be correct, no?

If you follow their advice and get into S..t I'm sure they'll take your money to fix it.

Just read this:

But Dr Thira Woratanarat, an associate professor at Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Medicine, meanwhile, cautioned that the number of daily new Covid-19 infections may surge by at least twice the current figures after the reopening.

Citing an analysis of infections experienced by Chile, which reopened on Oct 1, and Denmark, reopened since early September, Dr Thira said the number of new Covid-19 cases may jump to around 20,000 per day and then keep doubling every three weeks after that.

Prof Dr Thiravat Hemachudha, the Thai Red Cross Emerging Infectious Diseases Health Science Centre chief, said he personally supports the reopening as long as it won't exacerbate the Covid-19 situation in the country.

At the same time, he said, he is concerned that the arrival of international tourists could trigger another major outbreak.

Virologist Anan Jongkaewwattana, from the National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, made concerning comments about the reopening on his Facebook page.

"If 100,000 tourists visit, how will we do RT-PCR tests because we have never done so many before?" he asked.

Bangkok Post 13 October

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

If 100,000 tourists visit, how will we do RT-PCR tests because we have never done so many before?" he asked.

Guess they won't as they will just tell lies as they have always done. So staus quo in that respect

Just now, gummy said:

Guess they won't as they will just tell lies as they have always done. So staus quo in that respect

And they've got near 8.5m ATK tests to replace PCR testing and fiddle the results 🤥 Let's just hope at the airport they know to not just let women pee on them 🤣

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 3:10 AM, Soidog said:

Totally agree with your comments. With regard to the Covid insurance. Are you unable to get Covid cover through an insurance company in your own country?  My understanding is that it doesn’t have to be with a Thai company? However, I was told that if you wish to extend your visa while in Thailand then you should purchase insurance through one of the approved Thai insurance companies. 

Not interested in getting Canadian Insurance. If something happened I would have to pay myself and then try to get reimbursed. Would be a circus! I would gladly get the Thai insurance, but they say 75 and over cannot. And anyway, as you say, I would need to get a Thai insurance if I wanted to extend my visa. No, I will wait it out. Maybe never go, or travel to Laos via Vietnam or Cambodia. I need to go to Thailand to see my kids. THanks for your comments. It looks like all those SE Asian countries will try the Thai model. Could be a long wait. THanks again for your answer.

3 hours ago, PohTou said:

Not interested in getting Canadian Insurance. If something happened I would have to pay myself and then try to get reimbursed. Would be a circus! I would gladly get the Thai insurance, but they say 75 and over cannot. And anyway, as you say, I would need to get a Thai insurance if I wanted to extend my visa. No, I will wait it out. Maybe never go, or travel to Laos via Vietnam or Cambodia. I need to go to Thailand to see my kids. THanks for your comments. It looks like all those SE Asian countries will try the Thai model. Could be a long wait. THanks again for your answer.

I wish you well with your plans. I read last night and further details today about Cambodia opening up. Seems they have announced a Rapid ATK on arrival, which is a relaxation compared to Thailand. I’ve yet to see details of any Covid insurance requirements. Safe travels and hope you get to see you kids again soon. 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2021 at 1:08 AM, Soidog said:

I wish you well with your plans. I read last night and further details today about Cambodia opening up. Seems they have announced a Rapid ATK on arrival, which is a relaxation compared to Thailand. I’ve yet to see details of any Covid insurance requirements. Safe travels and hope you get to see you kids again soon. 👍🏻

I am going to wait until the end of 2022. Maybe by then reality will have hit home. Laos has come up with a terrible plan for entry to Laos. Tourists can only enter via Tours (read - expensive)  and must always stay in approved hotels (read - expensive), etc… I will wait them out. THey also require the same insurance as Thailand, so a person would have to meet all the Thai requirements for entry, and then the Lao requirements, and then leave Laos to Thailand and again meet all of THai requirements. The mind boggles. THe waiting game is all I can do. Hoping all will be rational by October/November. THanks for your good wishes.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 1:28 AM, Bob20 said:

Never mind the government! We don't need millions of tourists (domestic and/or foreign) to move around the country spreading the virus to communities that haven't been vaccinated yet.

THe domestic/community spread is already happening big time. A small % of fully vaccinated foreign arrivals will not affect the spread of Covid 19 to any discernible degree. The risk to the foreign traveler is that he/she will contract the virus from THai people. And that includes Omicron. 

• Like 1