News Forum - Facebook suffers second massive outage in one week

Thaiger

Facebook has had a rough week, with a massive outage just days ago, and a whistleblower claiming that Facebook knowingly put financial profits over the well-being of their users. And yesterday, the global social media giant faced another hours-long major outage on its platform. A spokesperson for Facebook confirmed that the site went through a system tweak that caused an outage for several hours. They confirmed that they have now fixed the issue and Facebook should be operating as normal. Facebook, as well as its subsidiaries social network Instagram and messaging apps Messenger, and WhatsApp, were recorded to be experiencing […]

The post Facebook suffers second massive outage in one week appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I for one was devastated by the Facebook downtime.

When I read about it the next day it was one of those "What were you doing when 9/11 happened?" moments. 

We will probably all be telling our grandchildren about it one day.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I for one was devastated by the Facebook downtime.

When I read about it the next day it was one of those "What were you doing when 9/11 happened?" moments. 

We will probably all be telling our grandchildren about it one day.

I just read that on BBC minutes ago it went down again last evening our time. Well I can remember what I was doing at the time  as I was taking a dump, didn't notice FB in the pan where it belongs though 😂

31 minutes ago, gummy said:

I just read that on BBC minutes ago it went down again last evening our time. Well I can remember what I was doing at the time  as I was taking a dump, didn't notice FB in the pan where it belongs though 😂

Perfect metaphor....

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

For many, this exposed a desperate addiction for much of the world to the services provided by the tech giant.

Might be legal action in huge numbers against FB, for ruining peoples (pseudo) lives.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As of publication, Facebook’s stock closed up a quarter of a percent but has fallen 0.05% in after-hours trading.

330.05$ per share.. amazing how much money people are willing to invest in air!