WISE TRANSFERS

WilliamG

On 10/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, gummy said:

But you don't get FTT transferred over the weekend as it requires another "tick" to click by someone in BKK Bank and they don't work weekends as I understand. I have never received a FTT over a weekend

I did a transfer yesterday to check and it arrived in Bangkok Bank pm as per normal and denoted FTT. Maybe yours was a fluke ?

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yes but there is always varying amount of time it takes to hit your bank

My understanding of the business model is that they are matching senders from 2 countries

So it would make sense that if you are sending 33usd they would have 1000 baht on hand, so could easily send that in seconds

Whereas you send 50-100k baht, they tell you 12 hours to give them time to bring in the USD equivalent

Again, that is just my guess, Seems there are some on here that are very knowledgable when it comes to Wise

I can only speak from experience (doing 10+ transfers per month).

98% arrive in seconds, nearly all the remaining 2% within 1-4 hours..........very occasionally a longer delay.

I also like the fact that you can book a rate on a Friday night and 72 hours later delete that one if Monday's rate is better.

8 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I can only speak from experience (doing 10+ transfers per month).

98% arrive in seconds, nearly all the remaining 2% within 1-4 hours..........very occasionally a longer delay.

I also like the fact that you can book a rate on a Friday night and 72 hours later delete that one if Monday's rate is better.

When I send to Kasikorn that is my experience too. However when I send to Bangkok bank because I need it denoted as a foreign transfer then it always arrives a few hours later at around 2 to 2:30 pm.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

When I send to Kasikorn that is my experience too. However when I send to Bangkok bank because I need it denoted as a foreign transfer then it always arrives a few hours later at around 2 to 2:30 pm.

Not 100% sure but I think that transfers marked 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand" are often the ones that seem to take a bit longer.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Not 100% sure but I think that transfers marked 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand" are often the ones that seem to take a bit longer.

yes they are

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but wouldn't the small amount be the reason that it is hitting your bank in seconds?

That is their business model and they would have small amounts more readily available for transfer

I never heard of "long stay" 

I usually put "tuition" and i would say about 10-15% of my transfers hit right away

I've heard my wife's phone ping in the bedroom seconds after sending

The Long Stay Thailand (not those exact words) is last of the list of reasons to transfer...you might have to scroll to see it when selecting the reason.  This reason was created a few years ago by Wise to help ensure transfers to a Bangkok Bank acct got International Transfer/FTT coding and has worked fine for a couple of years....but over the last week or so it hasn't been working for many folks as the transfers to Bangkok Bank have been getting the International Transfer/FTT coding which is especially important to those folks using the monthly income/transfers method for annual extension of stay purposes.    Couple of threads in AseanNow also currently talking the issue.

Now while some immigration offices will accept Wise PDF Receipts some immigration offices only want a "Thai bank document" showing the transfer originated outside Thailand and that's where the international transfer coding becomes very important.  While a person can also get a Credit Advice from a Thai bank which shows where the funds originated getting a Credit Advice can sometimes not be so easy especially if you have to go to the Wise Thai partner bank that relayed the funds over to your  receiving Thai bank acct.

• Thanks 1

Here is an email I got an hour ago from a Wise Support person after many many emails from me trying to clarify the situation. Plan B needs to go into action.

I already coordinated your question to our Payments team and they mentioned that transfers sent through Bangkok Bank and Kbank will arrive as local transfers.  
We’re sorry you didn’t get the service you’d expect from Wise. To make a complaint, please send us an email and include:

·        your Wise membership number (beginning with P)

·        the payment order number(s), if your complaint is about a specific transfer

·        what your complaint is about

·        what you’d like us to do to fix it

Learn more about how to make a complaint.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ahra
Wise Customer Support

22 hours ago, Pib said:

but over the last week or so it hasn't been working for many folks as the transfers to Bangkok Bank have been getting the International Transfer/FTT coding which is especially important to those folks using the monthly income/transfers method for annual extension of stay purposes. 

Should be 'have NOT been getting the FTT coding'.

22 hours ago, Pib said:

While a person can also get a Credit Advice from a Thai bank which shows where the funds originated getting a Credit Advice can sometimes not be so easy especially if you have to go to the Wise Thai partner bank that relayed the funds over to your  receiving Thai bank acct.

In a phone call recently, the lady said that Dee Money is one of their partner banks now. I was very angry with Wise that they did not tell us that this was going to happen in advance. Shall we have to go through them to get this Credit Advice, to show to Bangkok Bank, so that they can then tell Immigration that it was a foreign transfer. 

Luckily for me, my next transfer isn't due until 1st week in November so time to get Plan B into action.

Edited by WilliamG

On 10/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, WilliamG said:

In a phone call recently, the lady said that Dee Money is one of their partner banks now. I was very angry with Wise that they did not tell us that this was going to happen in advance. Shall we have to go through them to get this Credit Advice, to show to Bangkok Bank, so that they can then tell Immigration that it was a foreign transfer. 

Luckily for me, my next transfer isn't due until 1st week in November so time to get Plan B into action.

I  can imagine what your frustration feels like ! I use the 400k in the bank ,just for that very reason that you and others are experiencing ! One less Thai hoop to jump !

What is Plan B ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I sent two transfers today

45k took 7 seconds

30k took 5 seconds

Sure beats the old Western union days!   :)

But obviously not to a Thai bank showing International Transfer for Mr Immigration, which is why many people use(d) Wise.

I can get those transfer times if not need FTT in Bkk Bank.

Edited by WilliamG

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

But obviously not to a Thai bank showing International Transfer for Mr Immigration, which is why many people use(d) Wise.

Exactly so people just posting for the sake of it  gets away from the point of your original post namely using Wise appears to become an issue lately for those of us that need to show Foreign Transfers for immigration purposes. 

As I said earlier a transfer on Tuesday arrived at my Bangkok Bank showing as FTT. However owing to your own concerns and those of others who have raised it, I emailed Wise yesterday for clarification on the matter. I'll update this thread once  I receive their reply.

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Don’t quote me on this but I read online that when you choose “reason for transfer” if you select one that is for expats/retirement immigration or something of that nature, they have the invoice “sender” corrected for immigration 

edit: 

just checked, I think it’s the “funds for long term stay in Thailand” one

I never tried it & don’t know if it works, just something I read, maybe it can help 

Edited by dj230

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Exactly so people just posting for the sake of it  gets away from the point of your original post namely using Wise appears to become an issue lately for those of us that need to show Foreign Transfers for immigration purposes. 

As I said earlier a transfer on Tuesday arrived at my Bangkok Bank showing as FTT. However owing to your own concerns and those of others who have raised it, I emailed Wise yesterday for clarification on the matter. I'll update this thread once  I receive their reply.

I'm just happy my transfers get there in 7 seconds and at a great rate

As I said, I'm a veteran of Western Union back in the day    😀

Sure happy with Wise.....

45 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I'm just happy my transfers get there in 7 seconds and at a great rate

As I said, I'm a veteran of Western Union back in the day    😀

Sure happy with Wise.....

So you obviously do not need it for Immigration purposes, which is what this thread is really about as I said in my opening post.

We all can get 'instant' transfers to any Thai bank.

Edited by WilliamG

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Don’t quote me on this but I read online that when you choose “reason for transfer” if you select one that is for expats/retirement immigration or something of that nature, they have the invoice “sender” corrected for immigration 

edit: 

just checked, I think it’s the “funds for long term stay in Thailand” one

I never tried it & don’t know if it works, just something I read, maybe it can help 

Please re-read so many of the posts in this thread. Guys are saying that they DID click 'long term stay' option, but the transfer did not show as FTT in Bangkok Bank as it has, for me anyway, been for over two years.

However Gummy does say that a transfer done last Tuesday DID arrive as an FTT.

On the remittance pdf, it did say, for me every time, that the Banking Partner is Bkk Bank Delivered via Local transfer, but shows on my Bkk statement and bank book as International/FTT.

• Like 1

Please re-read so many of the posts in this thread. Guys are saying that they DID click 'long term stay' option, but the transfer did not show as FTT in Bangkok Bank as it has, for me anyway, been for over two years.

On the remittance pdf, it did say, for me every time, that the Banking Partner is Bkk Bank Delivered via Local transfer, but shows on my Bkk statement and bank book as International/FTT.

Ah, not too familiar with it because I don’t need this

hopefully they fix it 

• Like 1

Well after the various posts I thought I would ask Wise if there policy has changed specifically regarding their "tagging" to ensure money goes to Bangkok Bank and denoted as FTT, irrespective of the transfer I did Tuesday was shown as FTT.

The reply was;

We have checked your account with our relevant team and it's still tagged.
Our policy has not been changed.
You can ask for a FET form from the partner bank that we paid your money out from.
You can check which bank this is on your transfer receipt. To find it:

1.    Go to the transfer in the Activity section of your Wise account

2.    Click View transfer details.

3.    Click Download PDF receipt.

4.    Go to the second page to find banking partner details.

On checking the transfer details their partner bank was indeed Bangkok Bank so in my case nothing has changed and still receiving credits as FTT.  You will note that Wise confirmed that their policy has not changed.

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

As I said, I'm a veteran of Western Union back in the day

Check on the new WU. Every once in a while they have "specials" that make them cheaper than Wise. I've used them a couple of times over the past three years or so.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:14 PM, JamesE said:

Check on the new WU. Every once in a while they have "specials" that make them cheaper than Wise. I've used them a couple of times over the past three years or so.

But can their transfers be shown as International when it hits your Thai (Bangkok Bank) so it can be used for Immigration purposes?

On 10/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, gummy said:

Well after the various posts I thought I would ask Wise if there policy has changed specifically regarding their "tagging" to ensure money goes to Bangkok Bank and denoted as FTT, irrespective of the transfer I did Tuesday was shown as FTT.

The reply was;

We have checked your account with our relevant team and it's still tagged.
Our policy has not been changed.
You can ask for a FET form from the partner bank that we paid your money out from.
You can check which bank this is on your transfer receipt. To find it:

1.    Go to the transfer in the Activity section of your Wise account

2.    Click View transfer details.

3.    Click Download PDF receipt.

4.    Go to the second page to find banking partner details.

On checking the transfer details their partner bank was indeed Bangkok Bank so in my case nothing has changed and still receiving credits as FTT.  You will note that Wise confirmed that their policy has not changed.

I got an email from Wise Support to tell me that on my account, Bangkok Bank is my Primary bank, and that all transfers will go there.

Just done two Bht 1000 transfers, one from my THB balance and one from my GBP balance. Both arrived in my Bangkok Bank in seconds as LOCAL transfers via Kasikorn.

Bye bye Wise!

6 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

But can their transfers be shown as International when it hits your Thai (Bangkok Bank) so it can be used for Immigration purposes?

It shows up as "WTN". Wire Transfer? I can't find any details on the code because right now Bangkok Bank's online and mobile services are down. That's not reassuring.

24 minutes ago, JamesE said:

It shows up as "WTN". Wire Transfer? I can't find any details on the code because right now Bangkok Bank's online and mobile services are down. That's not reassuring.

And neither FTT or WTM are shown in the codes on the back page of the bank book.

54 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

I got an email from Wise Support to tell me that on my account, Bangkok Bank is my Primary bank, and that all transfers will go there.

Just done two Bht 1000 transfers, one from my THB balance and one from my GBP balance. Both arrived in my Bangkok Bank in seconds as LOCAL transfers via Kasikorn.

Bye bye Wise!

Well I shall do one tomorrow again and let you know.  When you looked at the transfer details, in your Wise account what bank did it say ? Also from what I recall your Wise account is in the UK ?  When you send from Wise do you send from Balance of your Wise account or do you send from "other" UK bank. The reason I ask is because once I heard , a while back, that if your transfer using the "other" bank option which is non UK, some people did have problems.