News Forum - Viral LINE post among students claims Pfizer vaccine is a killer

Thaiger

A viral message by teenage groups being spread on the LINE application claiming that the Pfizer vaccination program for young people is a tool for committing genocide has been strongly condemned by the government. A campaign to vaccinate students between the ages of 12 and 17 with the Pfizer vaccine was put in place to safely reopen schools in November. The message being spread online by teenage groups is that the vaccine will kill you after 2 years. Officials believe that the inflammatory claims may be coming from the parents of the students who are hesitant to have their children […]

The post Viral LINE post among students claims Pfizer vaccine is a killer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The message being spread online by teenage groups is that the vaccine will kill you after 2 years. Officials believe that the inflammatory claims may be coming from the parents of the students who are hesitant to have their children vaccinated"

Forgive my lack of humanity, but wouldn't it be a good thing if those students caught Covid and then infected their idiotic parents?

It'd be Darwinism at its finest...

...And it'd increase Thailand's IQ significantly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

There won't be any point to all this anyway - when the schools go back the '4th wave' is going to sweep across Thailand . . . 

• Like 1

It must be a slow news day..... A photo of patrons at an outdoor restaurant, up to their knees in water is going viral. Misinformation about the Pfizer Vaccine on LINE is going viral...even Covid 19 is going viral!!! (Oh.....well....yes....it's a virus...it's supposed to do that). There is some validity to the effect on younger people, who (on rare occassions) experience an inflammation of the heart muscle. That side effect is as rare as blood clotting with Astra Zeneca. From what I understand it can be safely managed by hospital medical treatments. Of course, if those young people don't want their vaccine, I'm sure there are plenty of others who would gladly take the appointment. Maybe that last thought could .....go viral....

• Like 3

Inevitable that the nut-jobs will get to even the kids in Thailand - and I don't mean 'anti- vaxxers' here, or 'vaccine-doubters', but nut-jobs.

With Line, those starting the story should be easy to trace and arrest.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Is that Pfizer mRNA vaccine-shot MANDATORY or is consent by the student required to be jabbed (or from his parents when under-age) ? 

I have not come across a clear answer on that all-important question.  Of course given the normal Thai unquestioning obedience to authority, a strong recommendation by the government/health authorities is almost synonymous with a mandate. 

59 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Inevitable that the nut-jobs will get to even the kids in Thailand - and I don't mean 'anti- vaxxers' here, or 'vaccine-doubters', but nut-jobs.

I've been reconsidering my attitude towards anti-vaxxers, and I wonder if I've been inconsistent in my judgement about them. I see them as three main groups. The evangelical nut jobs who think they have a mission to save the world. The "I'm going to wait 5 years and then review the data". And finally those with hidden agendas.

The first group look only for bad news and do nothing to assess the news they are recycling. Thus they will report on cases where someone died after being vaxxed and not look for any further news reports that might put "flesh on the bones". Others will look at other news sources and see that maybe the deceased had stage 4 Cancer. But evangelicals will not put that "out there". It confirms their bias.

The second group read the Evangelicals rants, and though most are not convinced, they do wonder if there might be something to this. Better safe than sorry, they decide to wait say 5 years, because by that time, the data should be in about safety. However, we've seen an average of 10 mill new infections a month since CV arrived and a 2% mortality rate. Add to which, we have also seen the phenomena of "long covid" which affects about 1-in-3 victims. The problem with that event is quantifying the actual effects of this. Some of the victims have recovered after 3 months, others are still dealing with it over a year later. On the info available to date, we can't even say what the average duration is for long covid. But let's pull a figure out of the air, and say it's 6 months. So at current rates, over the next 5 years, we can expect 600 mill new infections, 12 mill new deaths and 200 mill long covid cases.

The third group with hidden agendas are probably more dangerous than the nut-jobs in the first group. I am not a subscriber to CT's in general, but I often do wonder about the H1N1 (swine flu) outbreak in 2009/10. Depending on which figures you rely on, there could have been as many 1.4 BN cases and 284k deaths. This gives a mortality rate of 0.02%. The current mortality rate is 100X greater. All over the world, govs were stockpiling flu vaxxes for a disease that was no deadlier than seasonal flu. I always wondered if Big Pharma had done their bit to exaggerate the risks. It certainly did no harm to the bottom line of these businesses selling all those vaccines that were never needed when this particular strain vanished just as suddenly as it arrived.

I recently watched a doc on Channel 4 in the UK: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-anti-vax-conspiracy where there were constant cases highlighted of anti-vaxxers with undeclared conflicts of interest. The high-priest of this movement, the disgraced Andrew Wakefield figured prominently. But there were several others who specific to CV, were attacking the Vaxxes, while selling their own "cures", including one that had a bleach based remedy. I wonder where I've heard of that before? 

So reading this article, I got to wonder, why specifically Pfizer? Now I get to start thinking like a conspiracy theorist. What if you are a large importer of AZ and you want to clear your stocks in order to buy more? Why not start a scare about another vax? Of course, if you name all the other vaccines except AZ, that might be a bit too obvious, so you just attack one and that increases your market share hopefully. Maybe a few weeks later, a similar story is told about Moderna. Of course, the beauty of the current scare story is that it is currently unproveable. You are only going to die in two years time. 

But what if the real source of this story is not even involved in healthcare? Look at the number of hotels and service sector businesses that have gone bust during the lockdown. These will not stay closed forever, and right now, if liquidators are anything like they are in the UK, many of these will be sold off at fraction of their pre-CV values. The longer the lockdowns last, the more bargains there will be to be had. In two months, the 7day rolling averages for both deaths and new infections has declined by over 50%. There must be people out there thinking, "The longer this goes on, the more money there is to be made. Would it hurt me to pay a student a few thousand baht, to start a rumour that cannot be disproved? And even if I don't reopen these as hotels, the land on which they sit can be redeveloped".

But I began by saying about my having been inconsistent about anti-vaxxers. Most will offer alternative treatments to vaxxing. Some of these have been well and truly debunked such as Hydroxychloroquine. But another where it can be said the "jury is still out", include Ivermectin. Apparently, there are some studies that shows it has been an effective treatment, but far more that say it hasn't. If you are being objective, you will see the parallels with climate science. 99% of Climate Scientists insist that CC is real. The 1% who say the opposite usually work for fossil fuel industry. But if I think back to those who are offering alternative cures to CV while attacking vaxxes, for the sake of consistency, I have to consider that Big Pharma has a large investment to protect, and that maybe some of the studies that question Ivermectin, are being undertaken by scientists who are getting grants from Big Pharma. It is noteworthy that most of the scientists that work for the fossil fuel industries don't debunk the work of the 99% who say that greenhouse gases are the cause of CC, but offer alternate explanations.

Meanwhile, we have to put up with stories such as the attack on Pfizer, which has no scientific data to support it. Maybe someone with a hidden agenda encouraged this. Or maybe it really is some kid who measures his validity by his ability to make a silly story go viral. I sincerely hope you are right about the original source being traceable.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I've been reconsidering my attitude towards anti-vaxxers, and I wonder if I've been inconsistent in my judgement about them. I see them as three main groups. The evangelical nut jobs who think they have a mission to save the world. The "I'm going to wait 5 years and then review the data". And finally those with hidden agendas.

The first group look only for bad news and do nothing to assess the news they are recycling. Thus they will report on cases where someone died after being vaxxed and not look for any further news reports that might put "flesh on the bones". Others will look at other news sources and see that maybe the deceased had stage 4 Cancer. But evangelicals will not put that "out there". It confirms their bias.

The second group read the Evangelicals rants, and though most are not convinced, they do wonder if there might be something to this. Better safe than sorry, they decide to wait say 5 years, because by that time, the data should be in about safety. However, we've seen an average of 10 mill new infections a month since CV arrived and a 2% mortality rate. Add to which, we have also seen the phenomena of "long covid" which affects about 1-in-3 victims. The problem with that event is quantifying the actual effects of this. Some of the victims have recovered after 3 months, others are still dealing with it over a year later. On the info available to date, we can't even say what the average duration is for long covid. But let's pull a figure out of the air, and say it's 6 months. So at current rates, over the next 5 years, we can expect 600 mill new infections, 12 mill new deaths and 200 mill long covid cases.

The third group with hidden agendas are probably more dangerous than the nut-jobs in the first group. I am not a subscriber to CT's in general, but I often do wonder about the H1N1 (swine flu) outbreak in 2009/10. Depending on which figures you rely on, there could have been as many 1.4 BN cases and 284k deaths. This gives a mortality rate of 0.02%. The current mortality rate is 100X greater. All over the world, govs were stockpiling flu vaxxes for a disease that was no deadlier than seasonal flu. I always wondered if Big Pharma had done their bit to exaggerate the risks. It certainly did no harm to the bottom line of these businesses selling all those vaccines that were never needed when this particular strain vanished just as suddenly as it arrived.

I recently watched a doc on Channel 4 in the UK: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-anti-vax-conspiracy where there were constant cases highlighted of anti-vaxxers with undeclared conflicts of interest. The high-priest of this movement, the disgraced Andrew Wakefield figured prominently. But there were several others who specific to CV, were attacking the Vaxxes, while selling their own "cures", including one that had a bleach based remedy. I wonder where I've heard of that before? 

So reading this article, I got to wonder, why specifically Pfizer? Now I get to start thinking like a conspiracy theorist. What if you are a large importer of AZ and you want to clear your stocks in order to buy more? Why not start a scare about another vax? Of course, if you name all the other vaccines except AZ, that might be a bit too obvious, so you just attack one and that increases your market share hopefully. Maybe a few weeks later, a similar story is told about Moderna. Of course, the beauty of the current scare story is that it is currently unproveable. You are only going to die in two years time. 

But what if the real source of this story is not even involved in healthcare? Look at the number of hotels and service sector businesses that have gone bust during the lockdown. These will not stay closed forever, and right now, if liquidators are anything like they are in the UK, many of these will be sold off at fraction of their pre-CV values. The longer the lockdowns last, the more bargains there will be to be had. In two months, the 7day rolling averages for both deaths and new infections has declined by over 50%. There must be people out there thinking, "The longer this goes on, the more money there is to be made. Would it hurt me to pay a student a few thousand baht, to start a rumour that cannot be disproved? And even if I don't reopen these as hotels, the land on which they sit can be redeveloped".

But I began by saying about my having been inconsistent about anti-vaxxers. Most will offer alternative treatments to vaxxing. Some of these have been well and truly debunked such as Hydroxychloroquine. But another where it can be said the "jury is still out", include Ivermectin. Apparently, there are some studies that shows it has been an effective treatment, but far more that say it hasn't. If you are being objective, you will see the parallels with climate science. 99% of Climate Scientists insist that CC is real. The 1% who say the opposite usually work for fossil fuel industry. But if I think back to those who are offering alternative cures to CV while attacking vaxxes, for the sake of consistency, I have to consider that Big Pharma has a large investment to protect, and that maybe some of the studies that question Ivermectin, are being undertaken by scientists who are getting grants from Big Pharma. It is noteworthy that most of the scientists that work for the fossil fuel industries don't debunk the work of the 99% who say that greenhouse gases are the cause of CC, but offer alternate explanations.

Meanwhile, we have to put up with stories such as the attack on Pfizer, which has no scientific data to support it. Maybe someone with a hidden agenda encouraged this. Or maybe it really is some kid who measures his validity by his ability to make a silly story go viral. I sincerely hope you are right about the original source being traceable.

A good post there @JohninDubin.  What I would say, is that there is little doubt the Covid 19 pandemic has been politicised, manipulated and used by many interested parties. It’s human behaviour and it’s called GREED. 

• Like 1

Topic locked pending review of posts by the Moderators to ensure compliance with Forum Guidelines. Topic will be unlocked once review has been concluded. 

Update: Now Unlocked. Size of postings and associated unnecessary commentary delayed action being completed. Multiple off topic posts have had to be removed for fairness after deletion of initial off topic post that was in breach of multiple Forum Guidelines.

Members are reminded of their responsibilities to ensure all posts do not breach Guidelines and if in doubt, first discuss with the Moderators. This can prevent avoidable assumptions that may result in more direct action by the Moderators, as has been the case in this Topic.

There are a few Pfizer scientists who say that natural immunity is better than a vaccine:

https://m.theepochtimes.com/pfizer-scientists-in-undercover-videos-say-natural-immunity-likely-better-than-covid-19-vaccination_4034713.html/amp?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub&__twitter_impression=true

Some of the covert interviews were posted on Twitter & are on another thread.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

There are a few Pfizer scientists who say that natural immunity is better than a vaccine:

https://m.theepochtimes.com/pfizer-scientists-in-undercover-videos-say-natural-immunity-likely-better-than-covid-19-vaccination_4034713.html/amp?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub&__twitter_impression=true

Yes, I think that’s often the case. I saw a good report a few days ago which indicated people who had contracted the virus and then went on to be vaccinated with one or two doses, were protected even further, and more then people who had just received both doses. Like many things in medicine, this feels 75% science and 25% black art. One positive from this pandemic is that we are all more knowledgable virologists than we were in 2019😂 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

555!

I find myself sober, and in agreement with you, I'll have to open a bottle of chip shop vinegar and spark up a Woodbine.

🤣

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Good summary of why some people react to such negative posts/stories about any vaccine - particularly the main ones like Pfizer.  The anti-vaxxers mainly fall into as you say 3 groups - Ignorant, Hesitant, and Nutters.   But I will pick you up an N1H1 - it never disappeared, it is now just another strain of the seasonal flu and is 'included' in the annual flu shots.

I would add to your summary to point out that just like H1N1, it is extremely likely that every person on the planet is going to get Covid - every single one of us. Unlike H1N1 that was yet another strain of the common seasonal flu, although unique in its own way, Covid is another ball game altogether.  Covid is like the beginning of the seasonal flu epidemics - and although it may 'disappear', I believe that it aint ever going to go away. I think that Covid is very likely to become a 'new flu' and return in various strains year on year on year.

If you accept that statement above (check out links below), then THE question that everyone needs to ask is simple - and it isn't whether the latest media or social beat up over Pfizer is true or not. 

The question is:  Do I want to catch Covid with or without having taken any vaccine. 

The Pfizer vaccine is in my opinion just as good as any other of the main ones, and although it is not perfect or 100% guaranteed to work, it is more than worth the small risk.  In fact it is the same logic and reason why I have taken vaccines for the Seasonal Flu, Rabies, Measles, Polio, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Meningococcal, Typhoid, Cholera, Japanese Encephalitis, Yellow Fever and Hepatitis A B.  And if there was a vaccine for Malaria and Dengue then I would take them too.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00396-2

Virus may never go away but could change into mild annoyance (apnews.com)

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-seasonal-illness-flu-experts/story?id=75830451

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jason said:

It must be a slow news day..... A photo of patrons at an outdoor restaurant, up to their knees in water is going viral. Misinformation about the Pfizer Vaccine on LINE is going viral...even Covid 19 is going viral!!! (Oh.....well....yes....it's a virus...it's supposed to do that). There is some validity to the effect on younger people, who (on rare occassions) experience an inflammation of the heart muscle. That side effect is as rare as blood clotting with Astra Zeneca. From what I understand it can be safely managed by hospital medical treatments. Of course, if those young people don't want their vaccine, I'm sure there are plenty of others who would gladly take the appointment. Maybe that last thought could .....go viral....

Pfizer Comirnaty has been around for a while and millions has been vaccinated and proved to be one of the most effective against Covid. Strange viral news as when there is no availability of mRna vaccines in Thailand, every Thai wants it, when it is available people spread negative rumours about it. 

There are already rules in place that unvaxed will not be allowed into venues for many countries. Nobody knows what is the best vaccine or drugs out there or there are future implications? Covid will get you first before vaccines does if it really has any implications, which i doubt.

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

The question is:  Do I want to catch Covid with or without having taken any vaccine. 

Also whether you want to take the vaccine even if you've had Covid.

According to the Israeli study, while catching Covid gives you more protection than vaccination (as long as you don't die or catch long Covid, which could be awkward), being vaccinated afterwards halves the chances of you being affected if / when you catch it again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Also whether you want to take the vaccine even if you've had Covid.

According to the Israeli study, while catching Covid gives you more protection than vaccination (as long as you don't die or catch long Covid, which could be awkward), being vaccinated afterwards halves the chances of you being affected if / when you catch it again.

Which Israeli study are you referring to?  And is that 'halving the risk' conclusion also applicable for the student-category which this thread is about?

16 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Which Israeli study are you referring to?  And is that 'halving the risk' conclusion also applicable for the student-category which this thread is about?

The recent study (the largest so far) on comparative  vaccine efficacy after 6 months, discussed at length here and linked to several times, including by you.

You gave the original link to it, so I'm sure you're capable of finding it yourself without my having to do so.

You'd have to ask the authors if it's "also applicable for the student-category which this thread is about", as they don't spell that out when they say that there's a 50% reduction, and they don't break it down by age or gender so it would obviously be wrong for me to speculate either way.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I wonder where I fit in!

The problem for me is not of vaccination alone. it's the complete suppression of debate on MSM and within governments. If there were to be genuine debates on covid and the proposed 'cures', I don't think many would opt for an injection. There is no evidence that covid vaxxs work at all. But there is plenty of evidence that shows they are doing harm. And that's not just a sore arm but all sorts; including death.

That said, I am not covid vaccine hesitant; I am anti-vaccine; of any sort. In fact I'm anti-western medicine generally. IMO, There has never been a vaccination - ever - that stopped sickness, illness or disease.

Historical evidence shows quite clearly that advocating jabs to prevent diseases, has been promoted largely by wealthy people to enable them to become wealthier, and to get the ordinary bod hooked into a medical system, where taking medication for the duration of life is often the norm. After all a person cured is a customer lost.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Faraday said:

Use a bit of logic and you see that in order to get natural immunity you risk dying of the disease or suffering from the long form. Does that gamble make sense to you?

43 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

There is no evidence that covid vaxxs work at all.

Could you come up with something any more absurd?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Could you come up with something any more absurd?

You are simply following the standard line.

The evidence is out there. Pick any disease for which there is a vax and let's debate.

The topic of this thread is:

Viral LINE post among students claims Pfizer vaccine is a killer

While some tangential discussion is fine, let’s keep things on topic.

Thank you,

BigHewer

1 minute ago, DiggR said:

This thread topic relates to a specific virus and a specific manufacturer. Please take your off topic  general discussion back to the CCC  bastion and cease with the trolling here.

Yes let's keep with the covid disease.

An illness caused by an imaginary virus - that has never been isolated - and vaccines miraculously brought in to combat it; in record time.

People have genuine concerns about the jabs; including the Thai youngsters.