News Forum - Covid-19 restrictions eased: domestic flights can fly full

Thaiger

The Ministry of Public Health says domestic airlines will have their capacity limits lifted and be allowed to fly full planes after the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration agreed to remove the limit. Until this new Covid-19 decree, flights were limited to 75% maximum capacity. The director for emergency health hazards and diseases warned that the easing of capacities does not mean that strict Covid-19 health and safety measures will be relaxed at all. Food and beverages will still not be served on flights that must remain well-ventilated to avoid the spread of Covid-19. And during boarding and disembarking procedures […]

The post Covid-19 restrictions eased: domestic flights can fly full appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The IATA are right. People the world over are fed up with all the hoops to jump through. As vaccination numbers increase toward 80% double vaccination, the demand to get rid of all these restrictions will grow louder. 

• Like 4

All airlines, should demand that all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated, no exceptions on religious grounds, or medical grounds, if you can't comply, then no fly, including kids.

Simple.

No jab, no job, no travel!

For those who would claim an exemption, absolutely not.

Sympathy is the dictionary between S..t and Syphilis!

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

And during boarding and disembarking procedures will still require social distancing ...

Well, I'm sure that will keep everyone from getting infected during the flight ... 😂

I am confused.  I found out that you need a negative Covid test not more than 7 days before flying not 72 hours.

Which is it?

Nok Air said 7 days before?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The IATA are right. People the world over are fed up with all the hoops to jump through.  

I'm sure they are - for those who want to travel abroad.

For those who don't, which is the vast majority of Thais, rather less so .....

15 minutes in a same room is enough for spreading but hours in a crowded aluminium tube is supposedly "good". Luckily, the cheap charlie, drunken party going, unsophisticated unvaccinated virus is scared of flying! 🤣

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nivram said:

I am confused.  I found out that you need a negative Covid test not more than 7 days before flying not 72 hours.

Which is it?

Nok Air said 7 days before?

7 days before? Sounds ridiculously long.

• Like 1

Being allowed to fly full is not a good idea.

But to actually fly full they need to exchange their fleet for Piper Warriors or Cessna 152/172's 🤣

• Haha 2

It makes sense to me using 7 days. It is  easier to book a flight 7 days before with a negative result than 3 days before.  I am not booking a flight until I get a covid.

If I book a flight  7 days before a test and then 3 days before I test positive, I lose my money for the flight

2 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

In that case, they may allow smoking again on board.

You've just reminded me of a story that I am told is true, though I do have my doubts about it.

Back in the days when trains were compartmentalised, there was a story of an amorous couple in a fully occupied compartment on the London-Brighton train. As the journey progressed she sat on his lap and it soon became rather obvious that they were having sex. Apparently the rest of the compartment did their best to ignore what was going on. After they had done the deed, they decided to indulge in a post-coital cigarette. At this point, one of the other passengers indignantly said something to the effect of, "Would you mind putting that out. This is a non smoking compartment".

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

You've just reminded me of a story that I am told is true, though I do have my doubts about it.

Back in the days when trains were compartmentalised, there was a story of an amorous couple in a fully occupied compartment on the London-Brighton train. As the journey progressed she sat on his lap and it soon became rather obvious that they were having sex. Apparently the rest of the compartment did their best to ignore what was going on. After they had done the deed, they decided to indulge in a post-coital cigarette. At this point, one of the other passengers indignantly said something to the effect of, "Would you mind putting that out. This is a non smoking compartment".

True, I remember having to put out my cigarette 🙃

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

In that case, they may allow smoking again on board.

Oh Yeah! 

Just like the good old days. 

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!! 

I agree with the premise that all adult passengers and flight crew should be fully vaccinated against Covid 19. The health and safety of those on board should be paramount.

However, I disagree with the notion of flying full at this juncture.

Social distancing while boarding and deplaning makes common sense.

Sitting in the middle seat on a Boeing 737 with strangers to your immediate right and left, barely centimeters, and not meters, apart makes little to no sense, regardless of vaccine status or the quality of mask used.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Being allowed to fly full is not a good idea.

But to actually fly full they need to exchange their fleet for Piper Warriors or Cessna 152/172's 🤣

Great. I can fly those aircraft 😂😂

2 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I think that’s what’s called Quintessentially British 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think that’s what’s called Quintessentially British 😂

The same thought has often crossed my mind.