Jump to content

News Forum - Covid-19 restrictions eased: domestic flights can fly full


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Ministry of Public Health says domestic airlines will have their capacity limits lifted and be allowed to fly full planes after the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration agreed to remove the limit. Until this new Covid-19 decree, flights were limited to 75% maximum capacity. The director for emergency health hazards and diseases warned that the easing of capacities does not mean that strict Covid-19 health and safety measures will be relaxed at all. Food and beverages will still not be served on flights that must remain well-ventilated to avoid the spread of Covid-19. And during boarding and disembarking procedures […]

The post Covid-19 restrictions eased: domestic flights can fly full appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The IATA are right. People the world over are fed up with all the hoops to jump through. As vaccination numbers increase toward 80% double vaccination, the demand to get rid of all these restrictions will grow louder. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All airlines, should demand that all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated, no exceptions on religious grounds, or medical grounds, if you can't comply, then no fly, including kids.

Simple.

No jab, no job, no travel!

For those who would claim an exemption, absolutely not.

Sympathy is the dictionary between S..t and Syphilis!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

And during boarding and disembarking procedures will still require social distancing ...

Well, I'm sure that will keep everyone from getting infected during the flight ... 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am confused.  I found out that you need a negative Covid test not more than 7 days before flying not 72 hours.

Which is it?

Nok Air said 7 days before?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The IATA are right. People the world over are fed up with all the hoops to jump through.  

I'm sure they are - for those who want to travel abroad.

For those who don't, which is the vast majority of Thais, rather less so .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

Sympathy is the dictionary between S..t and Syphilis!

So is stupid ..... 😇

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes in a same room is enough for spreading but hours in a crowded aluminium tube is supposedly "good". Luckily, the cheap charlie, drunken party going, unsophisticated unvaccinated virus is scared of flying! 🤣

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

So is stupid ..... 😇

Turning into a bit of a keyboard warrior my  "friend". Give your head a wobble!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nivram said:

I am confused.  I found out that you need a negative Covid test not more than 7 days before flying not 72 hours.

Which is it?

Nok Air said 7 days before?

7 days before? Sounds ridiculously long.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I called NOK AIR again and they rechecked.  For flights to Phuket 7 day maximum for Covid test before departure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being allowed to fly full is not a good idea.

But to actually fly full they need to exchange their fleet for Piper Warriors or Cessna 152/172's 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It makes sense to me using 7 days. It is  easier to book a flight 7 days before with a negative result than 3 days before.  I am not booking a flight until I get a covid.

If I book a flight  7 days before a test and then 3 days before I test positive, I lose my money for the flight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Food and beverages will still not be served on flights that must remain well-ventilated

Windows open then?

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Windows open then?

In that case, they may allow smoking again on board.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forget all this crap just let us have a glass of beer or wine with dinner. Much safer than crowding people on a plane.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

In that case, they may allow smoking again on board.

You've just reminded me of a story that I am told is true, though I do have my doubts about it.

Back in the days when trains were compartmentalised, there was a story of an amorous couple in a fully occupied compartment on the London-Brighton train. As the journey progressed she sat on his lap and it soon became rather obvious that they were having sex. Apparently the rest of the compartment did their best to ignore what was going on. After they had done the deed, they decided to indulge in a post-coital cigarette. At this point, one of the other passengers indignantly said something to the effect of, "Would you mind putting that out. This is a non smoking compartment".

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

You've just reminded me of a story that I am told is true, though I do have my doubts about it.

Back in the days when trains were compartmentalised, there was a story of an amorous couple in a fully occupied compartment on the London-Brighton train. As the journey progressed she sat on his lap and it soon became rather obvious that they were having sex. Apparently the rest of the compartment did their best to ignore what was going on. After they had done the deed, they decided to indulge in a post-coital cigarette. At this point, one of the other passengers indignantly said something to the effect of, "Would you mind putting that out. This is a non smoking compartment".

True, I remember having to put out my cigarette 🙃

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

In that case, they may allow smoking again on board.

Oh Yeah! 

Just like the good old days. 

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rain said:

Oh Yeah! 

Just like the good old days. 

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!! 

One quick burn.

Name the film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the premise that all adult passengers and flight crew should be fully vaccinated against Covid 19. The health and safety of those on board should be paramount.

However, I disagree with the notion of flying full at this juncture.

Social distancing while boarding and deplaning makes common sense.

Sitting in the middle seat on a Boeing 737 with strangers to your immediate right and left, barely centimeters, and not meters, apart makes little to no sense, regardless of vaccine status or the quality of mask used.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Being allowed to fly full is not a good idea.

But to actually fly full they need to exchange their fleet for Piper Warriors or Cessna 152/172's 🤣

Great. I can fly those aircraft 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

You've just reminded me of a story that I am told is true, though I do have my doubts about it.

Back in the days when trains were compartmentalised, there was a story of an amorous couple in a fully occupied compartment on the London-Brighton train. As the journey progressed she sat on his lap and it soon became rather obvious that they were having sex. Apparently the rest of the compartment did their best to ignore what was going on. After they had done the deed, they decided to indulge in a post-coital cigarette. At this point, one of the other passengers indignantly said something to the effect of, "Would you mind putting that out. This is a non smoking compartment".

I think that’s what’s called Quintessentially British 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think that’s what’s called Quintessentially British 😂

The same thought has often crossed my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use