Malaria Vaccine

El_Trauco

• 2 months later...

Malaria in Thailand is primarily in the mountainous border areas. The mosquitoes that's responsible for malaria requires clean water for larva development. This is most common in cut bamboo during the rainy season. 

If you want to avoid malaria stay out of the bamboo forested mountains during the rainy season.

Mosquitoes responsible for other Mosquitoe born diseases do not require clean water for larva development and present greater risks. For example dengue fever and Japanese encephalitis but there are others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 2:10 AM, LoongFred said:

Malaria in Thailand is primarily in the mountainous border areas. The mosquitoes that's responsible for malaria requires clean water for larva development. This is most common in cut bamboo during the rainy season. 

If you want to avoid malaria stay out of the bamboo forested mountains during the rainy season.

Mosquitoes responsible for other Mosquitoe born diseases do not require clean water for larva development and present greater risks. For example dengue fever and Japanese encephalitis but there are others.

Are there any good insect repellents or ?

On 1/14/2022 at 12:08 PM, Vince said:

Are there any good insect repellents or ?

Deet is good along with lemon grass. Body orders attached mosquitoes so bath often. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Deet is good along with lemon grass. Body orders attached mosquitoes so bath often. 

Is that raw lemongrass? Or a deer product w lemongrass mixed? 

Or should I eat lots of Thai food w lemongrass in it ?

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 8:21 PM, Vince said:

Is that raw lemongrass? Or a deer product w lemongrass mixed? 

Or should I eat lots of Thai food w lemongrass in it ?

Just crush some lemon grass to keep them at bay.  I don't think you could eat enough to help ,and I like it in food. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/9/2021 at 5:06 AM, El_Trauco said:

This particular vaccine has attracted some criticism from some quarters from the way some of the trials were carried out (failing to obtain parental consent). But its still a welcome addition.

One  of the (welcome) developments from the COVID-19 Pandemic is the way it has has unlocked a whole new class of vaccines ( in the same way that Jonah Salk's polio vaccine changed childhood vaccination forever). The Pfizer vaccine was originally being developed essentially as a vaccine against certain kinds of cancer, but a side application was Malaria.

Its sad to say, but diseases such as Malaria don't attract corporate research because there is no revenue in it (and before there is critique of "Big Pharma", when did the Soviet Union come up with a world beating cure for any disease). The experience of the last few years has provided probably the largest in human  history patient data set. Its going to bring to market the cancer cures for rich Westerners, but it will also make it easier for new malaria vaccines.

Malaria is a scourge. It robs so children of their potential, in the same way  polio did its business (40 years of school closures, beach closures, swimming pool closures).

I got dengue in 2017. confirmed by bloodsample. Cured myself with crushed papaya leaf (twice a day) juice. Verrrry bitter. went from 80.000 red bloodcell-count to 150.000 in one day. Also took many of these electrolite powder drinks. Fever dropped off after several days and it took 2 weeks to get energy levels back to normal.

Found this info on the internet on an Indian site, and it was claimed that it also works for malaria. Ofcourse I am no medical doctor but I do see my own health as my responsibility (not a doctor, who standard works for pharmaceutical industry's profit). This is all my own opinion, not medical advice.