Poland - Is the EU starting to crumble

gummy

23 minutes ago, gummy said:

Not in my opinion as that is the past. It is the way that countries within the EU are currently behaving that will cause the EU to crumble or not. So again if I see further deliberately deflective posts, I shall report them.

Of course I disagree. So report away ... if you think your opinion is the only one that counts. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, Soidog said:

Agreed. A good democracy has a good opposition to challenge a particular point of view. What frustrates me, is that in recent years, good and sound policies such as environmental damage through pollution, efficiency in the use of energy, better social care for elderly and people with mental illness, better employment laws and employee engagement to help companies flourish and equal rights have all been hijacked by the left. As soon as you question any aspect of how the left want to tackle these issues you get shot down. Efficiency in energy is is a great example. The left want to achieve this through carbon tax and by handing out “free” money to insulate homes. I believe this should be achieved through better technologies and creative thinking and investment by entrepreneurs. I’m regarded as a planet killing Nazi if I dare utter those words 😂😂

BOWLED. As the middle stump cart wheels in the air Soidog yet again strikes. The Clown XI in big trouble as the common sense bowling attack claims another scalp.

Couldn't agree with you more. Our voices may be dampened by bias media reporting, hollywood woke fueled propaganda and censorship in social media platforms but the lefts hijacking of freedom of speech has a massive wall blocking it called democracy and cannot dismantle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 10:33 AM, gummy said:

Well the EU bureaucrats look like they are digging more holes for themselves to climb out of.  

Poland told to pay €1m a day in legal row with EU - BBC News

I would say it's the other way round. During the years of negotiating EU membership (from 1994 - 2003), Poland would have become cognisant of their obligations. The current government is endeavouring to enforce a Polish authoritarian flavoured judicial system, contrary to EU policy. Poland has received great EU membership benefits, the majority of Poles (65%) wish to stay in the EU; time for the current government to shut up or pay the electoral consequences of withdrawing from the EU.

7 minutes ago, PBS said:

I would say it's the other way round. During the years of negotiating EU membership (from 1994 - 2003), Poland would have become cognisant of their obligations. The current government is endeavouring to enforce a Polish authoritarian flavoured judicial system, contrary to EU policy. Poland has received great EU membership benefits, the majority of Poles (65%) wish to stay in the EU; time for the current government to shut up or pay the electoral consequences of withdrawing from the EU.

Perhaps you are not quite up to date

https://notesfrompoland.com/2021/10/18/almost-half-of-poles-want-referendum-on-eu-membership/

31 minutes ago, gummy said:

I saw that too but the majority say they would still vote to stay in the EU for now. I think that as long as the EU benefits Poland in terms of contributions, they will probably stay in. But things are becoming more uncertain with both Hungary and Poland resisting the EU 2021-2027 budget and recovery fund because of the clause making access to money conditional on respecting the rule of (EU) law. Eventually, the finincial benefit of remaining in the EU will diminish for individual countries and that's when more members may want out. The free money was the true attraction in the first place.

Just now, PBS said:

try reading the link...

Asked how they would vote if such a referendum were held now, 64.4% of respondents said they would be in favour of Poland remaining in the EU 

Try understanding the context of the link !! It was not a referendum, it was just a chosen sample questioned so basically meaningless. Only a referendum will be a true indication.

4 hours ago, gummy said:

Try understanding the context of the link !! It was not a referendum, it was just a chosen sample questioned so basically meaningless. Only a referendum will be a true indication.

You're joking aren't you? Do you honestly believe an authoritarian leaning government would permit an open and fair referendum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, DigitalCriminal said:

We are heading to communism 2.0, this time mixed with transhumanism, and technology, they finally might got it right to enslave whole planet.

Could be interesting. The Poles arent exactly strangers to Communism.