THAI MUSIC THREAD -

Rain

Prayut also write and sing his song himself. 

Everybody love this one. “Returning happiness to the people” 

So happy I cry.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Pruyuts rap song. Thailand 4.0

Link in English about this song. 
is so cool, I love it.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1568634/Lame-government-rap-responds-to-Prathet-Ku-Mee

Everyone looked at Prayut at the end to see what he would, he clapped so they clapped, but his facial expressions said a lot.

• Haha 1

Songwriting

Prayut is a published songwriter. In the aftermath of the 2014 coup, Prayut wrote a song called "Return Happiness to Thailand", which is widely played on state radio and television stations. The song communicates that the Thai people had not been happy as a result of the political crisis, and that the junta has come to return happiness to the people.

As a New Year 2016 gift to the Thai people, General Prayut announced that he had written a new song to boost the country's morale. "I wrote it as a personal New Year present for the people," Gen. Prayut said. "In the lyrics, it doesn't only mean me, but it means the media, too, because everyone is united and I have to please them. I use my every breath to help this country move forward." The song, "Because You Are Thailand",sung by Sergeant-Major Pongsathorn Porjit, includes the lyrics, "The day we hope for is not far away" and "Because you are Thailand, you will not let anyone destroy you."

Just ahead of Valentine's Day 2018, lyricist Prayut released a new song, "Diamond Heart". The lyrics urge his lover, presumably Thailand, to "...build our hearts dream together...." The song was sung by Sergeant Major 1st Class Pongsathorn Porjit with vocal arrangement by Major Thanyawapisit Jirakittipasukul under the creative direction of Major General Kissada Sarika.

In April 2018, Prayut released "Fight for the Nation", his sixth song.

In January 2019, ahead of the general election, Prayut released "In Memory".The song starts with the singer recounting past memories of conflict, alluding to the Thai political unrest before the coup. The singer goes on to say that reconciliation has been difficult but he will never forget the heartbreaking past. Next, the singer urges the listener to think and make decisions carefully in the journey ahead, otherwise the traumatic events of the past will repeat themselves. The chorus ends with the singer asking the listener to "hold [his] hand and proceed onward together." This allusion to the forthcoming election is not the first time Prayut has issued a warning regarding elections. He often blames the country's political problems on people electing "bad people".

Also in 2019, Prayut released "New Day", and his tenth song, "Thai is Thai March", the latter inspired by the king's coronation.

link 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha#Songwriting

How can I say?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smithydog said:

When posting videos on this topic, to gain the widest audience, it would be helpful to select and post the version which includes English sub-titles. Just check before posting. Music forms an important part of culture and the better the understanding, the more likely the appreciation, although I am sure many of us need subtitles for English songs as well as not just Thai! 😀

A short introduction with the video would also be helpful and meet the requirements for a personal comment to be posted.

Members are expected to make sure their posted videos meet all other requirements of the Forum Guidelines in the same manner as for any other post on the Forum. 

Enjoy the music!

But this is a thread about Thai music, which is not surprisingly in the Thai language it seems unreasonable to request subs as this means 95% of the available material could not be posted, I enjoy the music just as well without subs as I am sure many others do. Some with subs have been removed even though legal and on YT. Are we to take it that no political slant is allowed? Lets be honest only posting Thai music if they have subs is hardly possible, or worth the time.

26 minutes ago, thai3 said:

But this is a thread about Thai music, which is not surprisingly in the Thai language it seems unreasonable to request subs as this means 95% of the available material could not be posted, I enjoy the music just as well without subs as I am sure many others do.

Well that's certainly taking out of context the advice @Smithydog was trying to offer to increase audience.

28 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Some with subs have been removed even though legal and on YT.

Because they didn't comply with the FG's, but as you've previously commented you don't do or read rules, then I guess you'll remain the dark why they were removed.

I fail to see how you can increase the audience with almost no material available-actually it's more like 99% with no subs. Also you would only know the subs were correct if you understood Thai, in which case you would not need them anyway. As far as I know only Grammy Gold/international & R Siam have a few mv's with subs, I'm sure Yinn can find a few elsewhere. 

Here's our Tai, used to work down the road in a pill factory in Samut Prakan, at the top for 20 years, from Ubon

9 hours ago, riclag said:

I like Thai music! Someone said ,wow you must be a hit with the ladies! Nit noi. I like Sek ,Lebanoon and kumpee ,very much. Somebody said they think all Thai music sounds terrible!I felt sad and offended ! I explained,perhaps if you took the time to understand.

I played music all my life ,it’s not difficult to understand the sound as beautiful and enjoyable!Thais are very much musically talented 

I love Thai music!

I love the soft ballads

I like the goofy playful country music

I like traditional music

And I like Thai hip hop

Funny enough I find the Thai spoken language pretty harsh 

But love the music 

• Like 2

Oh and I love when Thais get drunk and start singing at parties.....

As they did Monday at our Canadian Thanksgiving party!   :)

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Songwriting

Prayut is a published songwriter. In the aftermath of the 2014 coup, Prayut wrote a song called "Return Happiness to Thailand", which is widely played on state radio and television stations. The song communicates that the Thai people had not been happy as a result of the political crisis, and that the junta has come to return happiness to the people.

As a New Year 2016 gift to the Thai people, General Prayut announced that he had written a new song to boost the country's morale. "I wrote it as a personal New Year present for the people," Gen. Prayut said. "In the lyrics, it doesn't only mean me, but it means the media, too, because everyone is united and I have to please them. I use my every breath to help this country move forward." The song, "Because You Are Thailand",sung by Sergeant-Major Pongsathorn Porjit, includes the lyrics, "The day we hope for is not far away" and "Because you are Thailand, you will not let anyone destroy you."

Just ahead of Valentine's Day 2018, lyricist Prayut released a new song, "Diamond Heart". The lyrics urge his lover, presumably Thailand, to "...build our hearts dream together...." The song was sung by Sergeant Major 1st Class Pongsathorn Porjit with vocal arrangement by Major Thanyawapisit Jirakittipasukul under the creative direction of Major General Kissada Sarika.

In April 2018, Prayut released "Fight for the Nation", his sixth song.

In January 2019, ahead of the general election, Prayut released "In Memory".The song starts with the singer recounting past memories of conflict, alluding to the Thai political unrest before the coup. The singer goes on to say that reconciliation has been difficult but he will never forget the heartbreaking past. Next, the singer urges the listener to think and make decisions carefully in the journey ahead, otherwise the traumatic events of the past will repeat themselves. The chorus ends with the singer asking the listener to "hold [his] hand and proceed onward together." This allusion to the forthcoming election is not the first time Prayut has issued a warning regarding elections. He often blames the country's political problems on people electing "bad people".

Also in 2019, Prayut released "New Day", and his tenth song, "Thai is Thai March", the latter inspired by the king's coronation.

link 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha#Songwriting

How can I say?

I did not realize Prayut has so many talents. Thank you for sharing.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, Rain said:

Thanks so much for starting this topic. It's fun and I'm a real fan. Also a great way to practice Thai. You can also get a close Thai friend to help explain but the beauty of the songs speak for themselves.

For many of us it is also a trip down memory lane. ☆☆☆☆☆

29 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Thanks so much for starting this topic. It's fun and I'm a real fan. Also a great way to practice Thai. You can also get a close Thai friend to help explain but the beauty of the songs speak for themselves.

Of course if you had posted a song with subtitles as @Smithydoghad suggested earlier then for many they could interpret the songs meaning and learn a bit of Thai also without having to bother a friend.

21 minutes ago, gummy said:

Of course if you had posted a song with subtitles as @Smithydoghad suggested earlier then for many they could interpret the songs meaning and learn a bit of Thai also without having to bother a friend.

It's almost impossible, as I said 99% do not have subs, if you have a source for them i'd be interested know, the closest you get in phonetic Thai on karaoke releases.

1 minute ago, thai3 said:

It's almost impossible, as I said 99% do not have subs, if you have a source for them i'd be interested know, the closest you get in phonetic Thai on karaoke releases.

Strange that because on the Chinese music thread I started it is surprising how many of the Chinese songs have English subtitles. Perhaps the Chinese realise that as English is the international language it s important to the wider audience for their songs to be understood. Damn clever those Chinese.

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

First song on this thread is the soundtrack of one of the most successful films ever made in Thailand Monrak Luktung from 1970 which was in the cinemas for about 6 months. Remade as a film at lest once and several times on Tv, this disc is 27 years old. Some of the songs are still popular today, especially saaw naa khooy khuu, farm girl waiting for boyfriend. There are several versions of this disc, VCD one does not have all the songs on it.

ew.jpg

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Really depends on who the friend is.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Strange that because on the Chinese music thread I started it is surprising how many of the Chinese songs have English subtitles. Perhaps the Chinese realise that as English is the international language it s important to the wider audience for their songs to be understood. Damn clever those Chinese.

But this is Thai music not Chinese, cannot find your Chinese music thread, got a link- search does not bring it up.

6 minutes ago, thai3 said:

But this is Thai music not Chinese

That is true but I was just making the observation , based on comments in this thread regarding subtitles , that perhaps the Chinese realise the importance of having English subtitles, as it is the international language, more than the Thais do on their songs. Its sort of an arrogance thing really with the Thais I suspect, a bit like when the PM  announced in 2015 that most nations will be speaking Thai. And let us not forget it was a moderator that suggested only including songs with English sub titles. A sensible approach in my view, otherwise a Thai song with no subtitles should be in the Thai language forum I would have thought.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

You come this thread for argue everyone? Or you will show your song you like?

People have their Thai song they like. They can not find with sub, if so easy, why you not find for them? Do it.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

That is true but I was just making the observation , based on comments in this thread regarding subtitles , that perhaps the Chinese realise the importance of having English subtitles, as it is the international language, more than the Thais do on their songs. Its sort of an arrogance thing really with the Thais I suspect, a bit like when the PM  announced in 2015 that most nations will be speaking Thai.

Argue and Thaibash. So boring. Should be fun thread, but just talk about rules. Pfffft

Here a song a find with English sub. Yinglee. She have other good song, but no English sub, very popular so can not show on this thread. She must be arrogance, or maybe she just don’t care about English people. I hope the England bands show thai sub, or are they arrogance? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

That is true but I was just making the observation , based on comments in this thread regarding subtitles , that perhaps the Chinese realise the importance of having English subtitles, as it is the international language, more than the Thais do on their songs. Its sort of an arrogance thing really with the Thais I suspect, a bit like when the PM  announced in 2015 that most nations will be speaking Thai. And let us not forget it was a moderator that suggested only including songs with English sub titles. A sensible approach in my view, otherwise a Thai song with no subtitles should be in the Thai language forum I would have thought.

I say again how do you post material with subs when 99% no have? So where is the link to your Chinese music thread? I would be interested to see that as am keen on Chinese music as well.

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

Its sort of an arrogance thing really with the Thais I suspect, a bit like when the PM  announced in 2015 that most nations will be speaking Thai. 

That was a joke , it wasn't meant to be taken literally or seriously 

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I hope the England bands show thai sub, or are they arrogance? 

Something you can not grasp that English is the international language perhaps ? But still this is not about that matter, it is about the suggestion that the Thai music has subtitles if it is posted on here which is an English language forum ( other than the specific Thai language sub-forum). The problem is easily rectified. If it doesn't then don't post it.