THAI MUSIC THREAD -

Rain

13 hours ago, Rain said:

Went to Yaodrak's funeral at Wat Rai King in Aug 2008 his old 'mate' Sayan Sanyar had caused himself a problem when he claimed Yodrak never actually had cancer and it was all a PR stunt. Sayan died a few years later, I believe from the same liver complaint  Yodrak recorded almost 5 thousand songs, more than any other Thai singer.

Carabao is, in my opinion, a bit of an old hypocrite. Still dressing down like a tuk tuk driver to appear to be one of the people while being a yellow shirt and outspoken supporter of the PM who he said was like a brother to him. I would not cross the road to watch him myself.

10 hours ago, brian60221 said:

I like the old stuff with the phin, and I like the Carabao guy a lot -- he seems very soulful.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, Rain said:

Wow surprised someone came up with this, two of the best singers from the 80's- 90's Ew Pempeyom and Od. I adored her, got almost all her material including LP's but as she retired in the 90's only saw her 3 times at concerts. Did get to go to her house in Bangkok once for a party which was great, no booze though! Famous for her skill at singing in Chinese especially Teresa Teng songs, great singer.

Ew about 1994, song is a lot older

5 hours ago, thai3 said:

Carabao is, in my opinion, a bit of an old hypocrite. Still dressing down like a tuk tuk driver to appear to be one of the people while being a yellow shirt and outspoken supporter of the PM who he said was like a brother to him. I would not cross the road to watch him myself.

Ah, OK, wasn't aware of the political context. I guess it's normal for a foreigner to admire some singer for his music, when locals have a hard time separating the guy's music from his loathsome views. 😑

• Like 1

Good idea Khun Rain!

i want to do thai music thread but if I do the two idiots will hijack and will closed quickly. Same everytime.

@thai3have amazing knowledge about Thai music. 

Here a song with English sub for you.

Thankyou.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HiuMak said:

which part of Thailand does this song comes from? Is it in a local dilect?

South, forget where  exactly, her sister who appears with her wrote the song. I think Lilly was 14 when they recorded it

Sunaree Rachesima from Korat province, one of the finest ever luktung/lukrung singers. Often seen these days as a judge of contests on Tv. Did not get to see her until 2003, golden voice and a very nice lady.

10 hours ago, HiuMak said:

which part of Thailand does this song comes from? Is it in a local dilect?

Nakhon Sri Thammarat. 

Famous province for Lily and the good hitman.

• Like 1

Lovely Luktarn from CM, was with R Siam here singing lukrung. Two years ago we took a guy to see her who flew in from China just for a mini concert at a shopping mall, then went straight back. she has a following in Japan and has had concerts there.

Members,

Several posts were posted with no associated comments in line with the Forum Guidelines. To maintain consistency, they have been removed.

Please make sure all posts conform to the Guidelines and if in doubt, check with the Moderators first for guidance.

I like Thai music! Someone said ,wow you must be a hit with the ladies! Nit noi. I like Sek ,Lebanoon and kumpee ,very much. Somebody said they think all Thai music sounds terrible!I felt sad and offended ! I explained,perhaps if you took the time to understand.

I played music all my life ,it’s not difficult to understand the sound as beautiful and enjoyable!Thais are very much musically talented 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When posting videos on this topic, to gain the widest audience, it would be helpful to select and post the version which includes English sub-titles. Just check before posting. Music forms an important part of culture and the better the understanding, the more likely the appreciation, although I am sure many of us need subtitles for English songs as well as not just Thai! 😀

A short introduction with the video would also be helpful and meet the requirements for a personal comment to be posted.

Members are expected to make sure their posted videos meet all other requirements of the Forum Guidelines in the same manner as for any other post on the Forum. 

Enjoy the music!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1