News Forum - 16 million baht worth of knockoff clothing in Bangkok warehouse

Thaiger

A search of a business in southwestern Bangkok yesterday after a tip-off about low-quality knockoff goods being sold online led to the arrest of a Chinese man with 16 million baht of merchandise stored in his warehouse. The Economic Crime Division Police obtained a search warrant for a warehouse on Soi Sakaengam 39/2 in Bang Khun Thian and then raided the business. Inside the warehouse, police uncovered a massive amount of knockoff shoes and shirts that were cheap imitations of famous brands. Police arrested a Chinese man identified only as Ma S. R. for being in possession of the pirated […]

The post 16 million baht worth of knockoff clothing in Bangkok warehouse appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Rain said:

What's the real difference between so called "knock-offs" and authentic brands? 

Both are made in Asia. 😇

The actual differences in many cases is that they are not fakes at all rather quality control has rejected some articles but rather them going to the recycling department they "walk" out of the back door.  I once read that Nike and Addidas budget for a  5% quality rejection quota. So no idea in real product numbers what that means but say a million items then 50,000 will be rejects. Even if half of those go out the "back door" it means they are not fakes but just have some imperfection that the normal joe public will never see. That is just on one product line.

20 minutes ago, Rain said:

What's the real difference between so called "knock-offs" and authentic brands? 

Both are made in Asia. 😇

Most Asian Countries can spell such as Nike, Adidas, Wrangler. The Chinese can't even get that right. One example was a pair of Levi jeans checked in Sothern Ireland. The leather label was Wrangler but no 'W' and stitched on upside down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tip of the iceberg really.  So many fakes and knockoffs sold here, they should look at the stalls inside Union mall.

Not to mention the entire countries' administration's software.

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

The actual differences in many cases is that they are not fakes at all rather quality control has rejected some articles but rather them going to the recycling department they "walk" out of the back door.  I once read that Nike and Addidas budget for a  5% quality rejection quota. So no idea in real product numbers what that means but say a million items then 50,000 will be rejects. Even if half of those go out the "back door" it means they are not fakes but just have some imperfection that the normal joe public will never see. That is just on one product line.

Perhaps this happens @gummy, but I think it's perhaps also anecdotal to convince someone that their cheap copy is in fact the real thing...

I've been to Guangzhou and Shenzhen a lot before Covid and have seen with my own eyes the factories setup to quickly reverse engineer and copy goods. These are not small backstreet shops, but professionally equipped laboratory-like factories and what they produce is not necessarily rubbish.

In China and other mainly East Asian, southern European and Southern American countries you can go into a mall and find a shop that sells these goods. And if you consider the quality too low, they push a button and a wall moves to show a hidden room with better "fakes". And for the best ones they kick a plinth that turns out to be a drawer with copies indistinguishable from the real thing but still a lot cheaper. It's not small scale for some dodgy markets. It's a huge industry.

How to combat it? Stop selling trainers that cost $4 to make with small young hands for $200. And stop selling phones for $1400 when their parts cost $240 and claim the rest is for R&D, while you have amassed $3 trillion in the bank.

We're all ripped off every day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Most Asian Countries can spell such as Nike, Adidas, Wrangler. The Chinese can't even get that right. One example was a pair of Levi jeans checked in Sothern Ireland. The leather label was Wrangler but no 'W' and stitched on upside down.

It's part of the charm. Who doesn't want to own a pair of Adidad trainers? Or a Wringler jacket?

There's a whole industry in China based on the spelling mistakes.

By the way, Sothern?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

If it stays in the Chinese market, it doesn't really matter does it? 😂

images (100).jpeg

Do you have the link for online ordering ? 😂

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Do you have the link for online ordering ? 😂

It's easy to get blinded by cheap liqure, I wouldn't buy it if I was in your flip flops.

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm

33 minutes ago, Guevara said:

well than its not a fake..change the label to leeevvi and u are good to go

And if said bogus imitations are of equal quality [which they probably are] and cheaper - it's a win win for mindless consumers. 

Ever notice the dwindling quality of authentic brand names over the years? 

6 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

It's easy to get blinded by cheap liqure, I wouldn't buy it if I was in your flip flops.

@gummyonly purchases it to look at the label 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

And if said bogus imitations are of equal quality [which they probably are] and cheaper - it's a win win for mindless consumers. 

Ever notice the dwindling quality of authentic brand names over the years? 

Yes my Authentic "Boss Hog" shirts now only say "Boss" on them...hmmm

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

@gummyonly purchases it to look at the label 😉

Maybe some of this stuff will be valuable in the future, I'm considering to start collecting.😂

220px-US_Airmail_inverted_Jenny_24c_1918_issue.jpg

I love GOOD knockoff shoes like Nike and diesel trouses,  but good once, not the really cheap stuff that you can see it is a knockoff... most of the time like nike etc you pay extra because of the brand name... quality maybe better so they last 5 months more? I rather buy 10 knockoffs for 1000 baht each, then 1 pair of 10000 baht

Edited by Paco