News Forum - Thailand off UK’s red list, Singapore plans “travel lane” with US | Thailand Top Stories | October 8

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/pSlcY8sIqQE Thailand off UK’s red list, Singapore plans “travel lane” with US | Thailand Top Stories | October 8 | Caitlin gives us a quick update on the national Covid-19 situation as well as the top headlines in Thailand and Southeast Asia: Thailand off the UK’s red list, Guests evacuate quarantine hotel after fire, Riot police officer shot in the head in Bangkok, Singapore plans vaccinated travel lane with the US.

The post Thailand off UK’s red list, Singapore plans “travel lane” with US | Thailand Top Stories | October 8 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great news, that Thailand is off the UK travel red list!

If Thailand can get rid of the ridiculous COE and other restrictions, might be the start, and I emphasise might, be the start of a return of meaningful numbers of tourists. 

Problem is, the Thai's love beuracracy, and I don't see them getting rid of this beuracracy anytime soon.

😭

The news is not that good after all. The UK foreign office advice is still advising against all travel except essential travel. That means your insurance is not valid.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

The news is not that good after all. The UK foreign office advice is still advising against all travel except essential travel. That means your insurance is not valid.

That might change on Monday 11th when the Red listing is actually lifted. Hopefully.😁

That works for me, I’ve always liked Singapore. Hopefully Thailand moves in that direction too, just requiring a single test and no other restrictions for vaccinated tourists. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

That might change on Monday 11th when the Red listing is actually lifted. Hopefully.

Biggles made this point in another, similar thread; and I replied with exactly the same point that you make here.  But when I checked I discovered that over the last few months the FCO advice has not exactly mirrored the red/amber/green lists.  There have been countries where the government has effectively said "you can come back OK but we don't want you to go there"!  Let's see if the FCO makes any change on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

The latest SKY news as of a few minutes ago is the UK foreign office is retracting its negative travel advice to Thailand and the other countries taken off the red-list and so travel insurance will be valid again. 

Thailand here we come.............

Right where is my passport, Phuket, I will see you soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait till the idiots start using them to travel and then scream blue murder, democratic rights etc when they are in jail, will be fun to watch. Maybe they can make a TV series about it.

10 hours ago, JamesR said:

The latest SKY news as of a few minutes ago is the UK foreign office is retracting its negative travel advice to Thailand and the other countries taken off the red-list and so travel insurance will be valid again. 

Thailand here we come.............

Right where is my passport, Phuket, I will see you soon. 

That must be the FCD list , the list that many published a few days ago that people thought was the actual Red list