Hotel in Phuket vil not give us SABA ID, we can not book covid test on arrivel Phuket airport.

TulliNg_1

We fly in to Bangkok from Europe. Then we have Thai Smile from bkk to phuket. But the hotel in Phuket say we have to fly direct to Phuket, this is not posible… and we have already bought the air ticket. Will we be able to get the covid test and pay for it when we arrive in phuket?

Thanks.

When are you planning on flying? Did you purchase the ticket as a single itinerary: EU -> Phuket or as a two trip itinerary: Eu -> Bangkok, then BKK -> Phuket. Is your stop in Bangkok a transit or overnight? Who are you flying with from the EU?

Currently, TAT is saying that transits in BKK are allowed but the COE rules (you need the SHABA for the COE) state that it must be a direct flight to Phuket. The COVID tests have to also be pre-paid to get a COE but they have nothing to do with either the hotel or the air travel.

Many airlines are allowing changes to tickets right now due to all the uncertainties, your best bet might be to see if you can change yours.

I give up Phuket Sandbox. I travel to Thailand for 16 years, this paper kaos is crazy. Under 40000 sandbox visiter is no surprice to me!

• 2 weeks later...

For the moment, only direct International transit is possible in BKK, not domestic to Phuket.
Comming from Europe if you land in BKK, you will have to go in quarantaine in a BKK hotel. The hotel can't give you a SHA+ if you transit in BKK.
That is why  people fly Singapore Airlines, Qatar or Emirates directly to Phuket without transiting in BKK.
Maybe you could change your flight (if it is Thai) for a direct flight to Phuket from London, Paris, Frankfurt, Zurich or Kopenhagen.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the list on th embassady site. 1. Bye airticket 2. Book hotel 3. Bye insurance…. In the end apply for coe. 

So I bought airticket via Bangkok… sorry you did wrong, no Phuket for you.

Well I got my money back for hotel, but not Thai Smile airticket from bkk to Phuket.

Nice trap, do not trust embassy info is my lesson.

After 3 week of bullshit, we are still not finish with coe.

Hope Thailand pass system will be better… welkome to fantasy land 🤪🙈😂

• Thanks 1