Worst Films Ever

El_Trauco

I’ve been known to sit through some dross. The really bad ones I scrub from memory, so few specifics. 

As a rough rule of thumb:

Most “franchise” movies get predictable and more rubbish the higher the number. Even those without numbers get bad. The third  Matrix for e.g.  

Any movie based on a computer game.  Can’t give any e.g.  All erased from memory they were so bad.

53 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I almost walked out on "Dunkirk"....it didn't grab me at all and I thought it was weak in every respect.

Managed to get through Dunkirk, but actually did walk out the third Matrix film. 

Will probably get flack for this, but went to the cinema to see “The Straight Story” and “Nomadland” and had a hard time staying awake. Not bad films, just incredibly boring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Managed to get through Dunkirk, but actually did walk out the third Matrix film. 

Will probably get flack for this, but went to the cinema to see “The Straight Story” and “Nomadland” and had a hard time staying awake. Not bad films, just incredibly boring.

Agreed re: "Nomadland", great characterization from Frances McDormand but at 108 minutes way too long. 

Haven't seen "The Straight Story"

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

I almost walked out on "Dunkirk"....it didn't grab me at all and I thought it was weak in every respect.

I hated it.

Just seemed to be the same scene over and over

But I'm not a huge war movie guy unless it really focuses on the people storylines mostly 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hamosity said:

Agreed re: "Nomadland", great characterization from Frances McDormand but at 108 minutes way too long. 

Haven't seen "The Straight Story"

Yep, spot on.  Characterization is crucial in films where not much happens action-wise. 

It’s all subjective of course. A coworker of mine mentioned a few years ago that the worst film he’d ever seen was “Local Hero”, which I think is the best film I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

Well I did not find it boring more like interesting although I would not have ranked it a blockbuster as a movie. But of course it is a matter of personal perspective. Having had an Uncle rescued from Dunkirk and my own Father manning one of those "small boats" then I viewed it for its historical information. Of course people whose own Fathers were not even born then perhaps may not have appreciated the enormity of what was achieved and I doubt anybody who was or is not British would be able to fully understand the emotions  behind many those scene either. It was an amazing achievement but least not forgot the hundreds that died on those beaches then and later.

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I hated it.

Just seemed to be the same scene over and over

But I'm not a huge war movie guy unless it really focuses on the people storylines mostly 

....and there was no credible story line in Dunkirk. 

If I was the father of the boy who died I would have thrown the b4stard who caused his death overboard.

• Like 1

this is a film so bad they made a major motion picture about it.

The Room

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_room

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Room

"A number of publications have labeled The Room as one of the worst films ever made. An assistant professor of film studies was the first to describe The Room as "the Citizen Kane of bad movies."

and the film about the film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disaster_Artist_(film)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Metaluna said:

A Bridge Too Far.  It was too slow, too confusing, and too long.

They had a long way to go after all. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/7/2021 at 1:02 PM, Hamosity said:

I’ve been known to sit through some dross. The really bad ones I scrub from memory, so few specifics. 

As a rough rule of thumb:

Most “franchise” movies get predictable and more rubbish the higher the number. Even those without numbers get bad. The third  Matrix for e.g.  

Any movie based on a computer game.  Can’t give any e.g.  All erased from memory they were so bad.

Empire Strikes Back aka Star Wars 2 was pretty good :-) 

Tron was kinda based on a computer game, although the game came after... 

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, Vince said:

Yentil. A more self-indulgent piece of trash I have never seen. 

obviously a highly rated chick flick …. With numerous awards !

Amy Irving, who played Hadass, has the rare distinction of being nominated for both the Best Supporting Actress Oscar as well as the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress - only the latter of which she "won". (The Razzies also nominated Barbra for Worst Actor and the movie for Worst Score, which is either a sign that they're meant to be tongue in cheek or a sign that some people are deeply divided about its merits.)

Where the Wild things Are (2009).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Wild_Things_Are_(film)

Hollywood spent $100 million dollars make a children's picture book into a 100 minute movie. Completely boring and terrible. I would have left the theatre if I not waiting for a dentist appointment , what is much more enjoyable than this dork fest

15 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

Hollywood spent $100 million dollars make a children's picture book into a 100 minute movie. Completely boring and terrible.

Maybe it’s target audience found it entertaining …. 

Really dont get understand why it was so popular and high profile although it probably has something to do with how much it cost to make. 

I tried watching it on a flight and managed about twenty minutes before deeming it "A load of pish" and watching something else.