News Forum - Domestic tourism hoped to generate 882 billion baht in 2022

Thaiger

Perhaps not putting all of its eggs in the foreign tourism basket, the Thai government has now set a target for domestic tourism revenue next year to reach close to 1 trillion baht. While international travel is slowly finally opening back up in Thailand, it is more of a trickle than a flood, and government officials are looking towards domestic travellers to pump up the tourism sector. In 2020, foreign tourism brought in 332 billion baht, an 83% drop from the 1.91 trillion baht international tourism generated in 2019. Domestic tourism fared at least a little better generating 482 billion […]

The post Domestic tourism hoped to generate 882 billion baht in 2022 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Perhaps not putting all of its eggs in the foreign tourism basket, the Thai government has now set a target for domestic tourism revenue next year to reach close to 1 trillion baht. While international travel is slowly finally opening back up in Thailand, it is more of a trickle than a flood, and government officials are looking towards domestic travellers to pump up the tourism sector. In 2020, foreign tourism brought in 332 billion baht, an 83% drop from the 1.91 trillion baht international tourism generated in 2019. Domestic tourism fared at least a little better generating 482 billion […]

The post Domestic tourism hoped to generate 882 billion baht in 2022 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, we can all hope 🤣

But when I saw 882b, I knew TAT would be mentioned somewhere in the article.

They should start a standup routine. They could invite all 60billion Thais to come and see it 🤭

4 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

What eggs?

Big expensive eggs to create one trillion baht.

More chance of a chocolate egg from the easter bunny...🤣

• Haha 3

What they will need the excess money they make is to take care of all the innocent people they are going to put in danger and in the hospital by allowing the virus to spread more. CM is still very vulnerable and mainly unvaccinated. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, we can all hope 🤣

But when I saw 882b, I knew TAT would be mentioned somewhere in the article.

They should start a standup routine. They could invite all 60billion Thais to come and see it 🤭

Reminds me of the Abbot and Costello skit of Who's is on First?

I don't know where the ordinary Thai citizen is going to get the money to go on holiday, when most  have a best, peasant wages or have had no income.

Oh I know, they are saving up money by queuing up for the food parcels and handouts, and leaving dead bodies on the streets of Bangkok. 

How remiss of me.

They should try offering incentives to overseas tourists, rather than putting hurdles in their way.

Bunch of D...H...S.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

I don't know where the ordinary Thai citizen is going to get the money to go on holiday, when most  have a best, peasant wages or have had no income.

Oh I know, they are saving up money by queuing up for the food parcels and handouts, and leaving dead bodies on the streets of Bangkok. 

How remiss of me.

They should try offering incentives to overseas tourists, rather than putting hurdles in their way.

Bunch of D...H...S.

Well, if you see the number of red-plated cars between January and March, and now again, you'd think we were at an economic high!

Hahahahahahahahaha 

I had planned to go to Koh Samui. One says this, the other says that. Then you check the rules, you may not go because of this and that. In the meantime the hotels say something else again. 

Now my plan is cancelled. They can say bye bye to their money. 

They want people to spend money, but they are scaring people away in the meantime. 

Maybe someone here has had recent experience going to Koh Samui and can tell me how it's going exactly?

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, if you see the number of red-plated cars between January and March, and now again, you'd think we were at an economic high!

Lol!

Not exactly ordinary citizens though Bob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIGGLES said:

Lol!

Not exactly ordinary citizens though Bob.

I didn't look in the boot, maybe they've got suspicious numbers of boxes of gloves in there?

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

There is also high numbers of Red plate cars and pickups here in Buriram.

There is a number of low deposit and or low rate finance deals being pushed by the manufacturers to try and stimulate sales and one thing Thais are not scared of is debt.

Just more repo's to go to the auction in six months or so.

• Like 2

Last year Thais had more money, Q1 had international tourists until late February and still only 482 billion Baht. This year at least 20 percent less income on average and a lot of service industry people no income at all.

They might visit a local national park, maybe go see some elephants and visit the local temple (for better luck with money 555) but that is about it. To the contrary, maybe 300 billion at best because they are cutting on spending big time.

All the touristy towns have a lot of houses available for rent. Sometimes almost whole streets full of empty houses. A lot of Thais went back to the family farms in the north.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy

A reported 42 Thousand Tourist's arrived Nanthasiri Ronnasiri the Director oF TAT in Phuket told reporters 2 Billion yes 2 Billion Baht has been Generated from 42 thousand Tourist since the Sadbox was created on July the 1st. All lie's theres no way that kind of income can be generated in just over 2 Monthe's. These reports are spreading fake information which is against the law as the PM informed us. There are no thousands of Tourists arriving most of the 42 Thousand are returning Expats who have to travel via the Phuket sandbox. Its just pure propaganda telling people Tourism is rising when it is not. I'd like to see a reporter from Thaiger news to ask the TAT director what the 2 Billion was spent on and by who.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

...promote domestic travel and offer incentives that helped bring in 127 billion baht domestic tourism in the first 8 months of this year.

Yes, that was a stunning success encouraging people to travel round the country this year 😂.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Yes, that was a stunning success encouraging people to travel round the country this year 😂.

Yes cancelling SongKran last year should have been an example, but alas what are we minions to judge ?

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

...helped bring in 127 billion baht domestic tourism in the first 8 months of this year.

On a different tack, I don't see how domestic tourism can "bring in" money - if it's domestic, the money's already here!

Just now, gummy said:

Yes cancelling SongKran last year should have been an example, but alas what are we minions to judge ?

Yes ... cancelled in 2020, helping to make Thailand one of the best in the world for managing Covid, then the opposite in 2021 making Thailand ... well ... the opposite.

Who could have guessed ...

• Like 1