News Forum - Family of Thai murder victim alleges affair with Swiss man’s wife

Thaiger

23 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

When walking on the street, sure. Walking into a rivals house not so much. You seem to think it’s get out of an ass kicking card. Didn’t work out that way. The very fact he was armed changes the entire dynamic. That you refuse to acknowledge is amazing. 

when did I say that, or right I didn’t. Getting your ass kicked and being beaten to death are two very different things. Something I’m sure the Swiss guy is going to find out the hard way.

If you steal a bike from a thai property you run the Risk of getting shot or even attempting to break in. The Swiss guy had every right to protect his home or his property as soon as he enters the property. If a thai is allowed to protect his home from an intruder so should a expat. 

21 minutes ago, vlad said:

If you steal a bike from a thai property you run the Risk of getting shot or even attempting to break in. The Swiss guy had every right to protect his home or his property as soon as he enters the property. If a thai is allowed to protect his home from an intruder so should a expat. 

Does that get through the discrimination test of "being advantageous for Thailand"? 🤔

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

When walking on the street, sure. Walking into a rivals house not so much.

You've either not read any of the other reports on this or any of my many comments (I can't say I blame you for overlooking the latter), or not thought your comments through.

He was apparently invited into the house, although why is anyone's guess - he didn't just "walk in".

... and if you're fine with him being armed "on the street", what's he supposed to do when he goes into someone's house?

Leave the gun at the gate???

You seem to think it’s get out of an ass kicking card. Didn’t work out that way.

No, I think as he probably did that it would offer him a level of protection / deterrence that he wouldn't otherwise have had. 

I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption, although it obviously depends on the circumstances (which we don't know).

... and yes, it obviously "didn't work out that way" as he was killed.

Well spotted.

The very fact he was armed changes the entire dynamic. That you refuse to acknowledge is amazing. 

What's "amazing" is that you've just dreamt this up as I've never said or suggested anything remotely like it.

Far from "refusing to acknowledge" if it "changed the dynamic", I've no idea if it did or not as I don't know what happened or when the gun appeared or in what context.

Although you're apparently unaware of what's been reported, and definitely unaware of the sequence of events since apart from those there nobody else knows, you apparently somehow know what the "the dynamic" was.

Maybe you should pass on your inside knowledge, since no-one else does, although the press and the police would obviously like to be privy to your knowledge of what happened.

when did I say that, or right I didn’t.

I'm not sure what you "didn't" say as you don't quote anything, but what you did say which I quoted but you've omitted was that "nailing the guy's wife ... works in the Swiss man's favour, if anything" so if you don't see that as saying that it "entitles him to kick him to death" then maybe you need to read it again.

Getting your ass kicked and being beaten to death are two very different things.

Indeed, but unfortunately he didn't just kick his ass but kicked him to death - which, since you did say "nailing the guy's wife ... works in the Swiss man's favour, if anything" you evidently think makes killing him more justifiable as you say  it "works in the Swiss man's favour, if anything" - even if you're now trying to back pedal on it.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

If a thai is allowed to protect his home from an intruder so should a expat. 

Since when was a Thai allowed to kill someone his wife had invited into their home, which is allegedly what happened here??? 😂

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

He was apparently invited into the house, although why is anyone's guess - he didn't just "walk in".

Apparently is about as close to fact as the Swiss guys claims. Who invited him, the wife? Are we to assume the husband knew that? If the husband didn’t know, then to him yes he just walked in. 

6 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Who invited him, the wife? 

JHC.

If you haven't read any of the reports and don't know even the basics of what's in them, but you're still banging on and opining about it, that's about as discourteous to others on the thread as it gets.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Since when was a Thai allowed to kill someone his wife had invited into their home, which is allegedly what happened here??? 😂

Only Alleged Stonker ?.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

JHC.

If you haven't read any of the reports and don't know even the basics of what's in them, but you're still banging on and opining about it, that's about as discourteous to others on the thread as it gets.

It’s a rhetorical question. Doesn’t matter as long as he didn’t know the guy was showing up. Discourteous? Coming from you that’s a compliment. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Poolie said:

Surely the attempted murder will excuse the assaulting to death charge?

Slight problem with the plea though?

As the Swiss guy isn't saying much and the wife even less I would assume the Police will be able to evidence the assault to death charge.

Of course the attempted murder charge is at this time and with no further corroborating evidence, just a one sided explanation by the Swiss guy who now refuses to elaborate on details. 

Lets hope the outcome is published when they do finally get to the bottom of it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vlad said:

Only Alleged Stonker ?.

Whether alleged or not doesn't matter as far as your point's concerned - either way, alleged or proven, a Thai is no more "allowed to protect his own home from an intruder" than an expat, and your point is suggesting discrimination which doesn't exist.

Par for the course here, but totally unjustified - if anything the reverse as under similar circumstances a Thai would have been very unlikely to have been immediately released on bail.

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

It’s a rhetorical question.  

To which you obviously don't know the answer.

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Doesn’t matter as long as he didn’t know the guy was showing up. 

JHC. You obviously haven't bothered to read any of the reports on this, even including the one this thread is about.

Of course it "matters", as beyond the Swiss man's limited initial statement no one knows if he knew "the guy was showing up or not".

Since apparently no previous liaisons had taken place at her house, it's not unreasonable to suppose that there's at least a possibility that the Swiss man did know, and that was a reason behind any invitation - whatever the reason  may have been.

• 2 weeks later...