News Forum - Family of Thai murder victim alleges affair with Swiss man’s wife

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

It's also been reported, in the Thai press, that the Swiss man has refused to make any further statements and his wife has refused to make any statements at all, including to the police.

That's their right, of course .....

Do they have something to hide ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, koute said:

many thai women do prefer thai men... i wonder why 

all i hear is farang talk about their big dicks... something is wrong in their bubble

I think 99.99% of Thai women do prefer Thai men. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view), the overriding need for money and the “couldn’t give a toss” attitude of many Thai men means a few percent end up with Foreigners.

• Like 1

Wasn't it Thaksin who said "thankyou to all the foreign men, who came to Thailand to look after our second hand women and their children".... 

23 minutes ago, ThailandBob said:

"After the initial investigation, the Swiss man was charged with assaulting others to death and the Thai victim was charged posthumously with trespassing, carrying a firearm in public, and attempted murder."

This sounds like one of those cases where 2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 do.

Except, as I've pointed out, he can't be charged as he's dead!

• Like 1

The Swiss guy said he shouted "money, money". Could it be he said "mah nee, mah nee" as I want to kill you and have her to myself? Would that be in keeping with Thai male mating rituals???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

I think 99.99% of Thai women do prefer Thai men. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view), the overriding need for money and the “couldn’t give a toss” attitude of many Thai men means a few percent end up with Foreigners.

Yeah, they do prefer Thai guys...

Actually, every Thai-Thai couple that I know are happily engaged with each other. Natural respect. 

Most Thai guys don't fit into that proposed textbook stereotyped character that is continuously and falsely promoted. 

58 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

The Swiss guy said he shouted "money, money". Could it be he said "mah nee, mah nee" as I want to kill you and have her to myself? Would that be in keeping with Thai male mating rituals???

Classic Lakorn Thai - 

15 minutes ago, Rain said:

Yeah, they do prefer Thai guys...

Actually, every Thai-Thai couple that I know are happily engaged with each other. Natural respect. 

Most Thai guys don't fit into that proposed textbook stereotyped character that is continuously and falsely promoted. 

I agree, although I never said most, I said many.

As in any society there are errant males who don’t take their responsibilities seriously. The problem in Thailand is that the law doesn’t step in and make them be responsible. They are allowed to have children with a 15-17 year old girl and simply leave or refuse to support the child in any way. So much so, that many Thai women will happily accept it and say things like “oh he have new lady now he has to take care of”. Well that’s ok then isn’t it? Wrong. 

Add to this that Thai society is far more misogynistic, and it is no wonder some women end up with foreigners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anarchofarmer said:

The Swiss guy said he shouted "money, money". Could it be he said "mah nee, mah nee" as I want to kill you and have her to myself?

"mah nee, mah nee" ... Wouldn't that be "come here, come here"?

1 hour ago, anarchofarmer said:

Would that be in keeping with Thai male mating rituals???

After two years, I suspect they'd passed the ritual stage and just got on with the mating - unless interrupted.

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

The idea that if you're licenced to carry you only do so when you intend going to kill or threaten someone is naive, at best

Do we know he’s licensed to carry? And if he is, why was he charged with carrying in public? 

Going to a mans house where you are nailing his wife is just asking for a rear end kicking. Do so while packing is just asking for bad things to happen. 

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree, although I never said most, I said many.

As in any society there are errant males who don’t take their responsibilities seriously. The problem in Thailand is that the law doesn’t step in and make them be responsible. They are allowed to have children with a 15-17 year old girl and simply leave or refuse to support the child in any way. So much so, that many Thai women will happily accept it and say things like “oh he have new lady now he has to take care of”. Well that’s ok then isn’t it? Wrong. 

Add to this that Thai society is far more misogynistic, and it is no wonder some women end up with foreigners. 

I was going to try to reply with something either informative or witty -  but then I couldn't be bothered.

Wonder what kind of worthy attention or discussion thereof would be pursued if this was Thai-on-Thai incident, instead of a random Farang? 😉

Just asking. 

16 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Do we know he’s licensed to carry? 

Well, that's what's widely reported in the Thai press, repeated here, so it's a not unreasonable assumption it's correct.

16 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

And if he is, why was he charged with carrying in public? 

Well, despite that being reported in the Pattaya News and here, it's 100% impossible as I've explained before:

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

Para 1 of Section 39 of Chapter 1 of Title 3 (Criminal Prosecutions and Penal Actions) to the Thai Criminal Procedure Code very clearly states:

"Section 39. The right to prosecute shall be extinguished if:

1. When the offender ceases to live. "

18 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Going to a mans house where you are nailing his wife is just asking for a rear end kicking. 

Maybe he wasn't so keen to get a rear end kicking - particularly one that would kill him.

Just a thought ... 😂

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Plenty of people if they're licenced to carry one, here or anywhere else (and plenty who aren't).

Ask anyone who's licenced to carry and does so on a regular basis, and it's like putting on a tie. The last thing you do is leave it behind because you're going to a friend's.

The licence to carry is for self-protection at all times, so why would you have less reason to carry when visiting someone, on invitation, than when going anywhere else?

Do you get magically beamed up from 'A' to 'B'?

That aside, nobody knows why he was invited to their house - anything from to play with the wife in the husband's absence to her wanting to tell them both her choice between the two, which could have upset one or the other so he may have needed to protect himself.

The idea that if you're licenced to carry you only do so when you intend going to kill or threaten someone is naive, at best.

Are you, by any chance, American?

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A report of a Swiss man in Udon Thani who beat a Thai man to death who intruded in their home wielding a gun and allegedly demanding money has been cast as doubt as details emerge and the victim’s family speaks out. Family members of the deceased Thai man are convinced this had nothing to do with money and everything to do with an alleged long-term affair between the victim and the Swiss man’s wife. The 53 year old man was found dead with his arms and legs bound at the house of the 63 year old Swiss man, Rudolf […]

The post Family of Thai murder victim alleges affair with Swiss man’s wife appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Does it makes a difference if he comes with a gun because of an affair or money?! Fact seams he break  into the owners house and pointed the gun on his head. So they argue now it was because this affair and not money, so it was ok to come with a gun????

12 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Does it makes a difference if he comes with a gun because of an affair or money?! Fact seams he break  into the owners house and pointed the gun on his head. So they argue now it was because this affair and not money, so it was ok to come with a gun????

He may have carried the gun with him everywhere he went and it has been reported that he was invited to the house and its just the Swiss guy who has made the claim that he used the gun in a threatening way , the gun may have remained hidden ?

Maybe he wasn't so keen to get a rear end kicking - particularly one that would kill him.

Just a thought ... 😂

well then at the very least he made a bad choice. More likely he was worried about or anticipating trouble. Again a bad choice on his part. Either way, you are in your house and a man comes in with a gun, nothing good can or did come from that. I don’t see how having a permit to carry changes the dynamic, nor the report he was nailing the guy’s wife. I would argue that last point works in the Swiss mans favor if anything. 

4 hours ago, billyburi said:

Wasn't it Thaksin who said "thankyou to all the foreign men, who came to Thailand to look after our second hand women and their children".... 

Issan wife of a farang who was screwing around in village and everyone knew about it.

I wonder where he met this lovely woman? Pattaya? Patong? Nana? 

He must have a very low self esteem.

Hundreds of others up there in a similar situation. 

41 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

well then at the very least he made a bad choice. More likely he was worried about or anticipating trouble. Again a bad choice on his part. Either way, you are in your house and a man comes in with a gun, nothing good can or did come from that.

You seem to have somehow missed most of the reports, apart from the Swiss man's version of events. 

46 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

I don’t see how having a permit to carry changes the dynamic,

Well, if you think carrying a gun legally and illegally are the same thing, there's little point in my trying to explain the difference.

49 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

... nor the report he was nailing the guy’s wife. I would argue that last point works in the Swiss mans favor if anything

So that entitles him to kick him to death ... oh well, ...

Well, if you think carrying a gun legally and illegally are the same thing, there's little point in my trying to explain the difference.

So that entitles him to kick him to death ... oh well, ...

When walking on the street, sure. Walking into a rivals house not so much. You seem to think it’s get out of an ass kicking card. Didn’t work out that way. The very fact he was armed changes the entire dynamic. That you refuse to acknowledge is amazing. 

when did I say that, or right I didn’t. Getting your ass kicked and being beaten to death are two very different things. Something I’m sure the Swiss guy is going to find out the hard way.