News Forum - Family of Thai murder victim alleges affair with Swiss man’s wife

Thaiger

A report of a Swiss man in Udon Thani who beat a Thai man to death who intruded in their home wielding a gun and allegedly demanding money has been cast as doubt as details emerge and the victim’s family speaks out. Family members of the deceased Thai man are convinced this had nothing to do with money and everything to do with an alleged long-term affair between the victim and the Swiss man’s wife. The 53 year old man was found dead with his arms and legs bound at the house of the 63 year old Swiss man, Rudolf […]

The post Family of Thai murder victim alleges affair with Swiss man’s wife appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Does this matter? Trespassing is enough to justify any actions by homeowner. Twist it, twist it more... Fact is the same, motive doesn't matter. Looking forward to see a Netflix movie about it 

Now why would the woman invite her side squeeze over to the house? My bet is she didn't or if she did she wanted him to come over to help her leave. Now the story doesn't look so much like swiss cheese now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A report of a Swiss man in Udon Thani who beat a Thai man to death who intruded in their home wielding a gun and allegedly demanding money has been cast as doubt as details emerge and the victim’s family speaks out. Family members of the deceased Thai man are convinced this had nothing to do with money and everything to do with an alleged long-term affair between the victim and the Swiss man’s wife. The 53 year old man was found dead with his arms and legs bound at the house of the 63 year old Swiss man, Rudolf […]

The post Family of Thai murder victim alleges affair with Swiss man’s wife appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It seems the victim’s family knows so much about an illegal affair and what the victim was up to?

could they be accomplices?

Does not matter how or what he intended carrying a gun to another mans house ?

His intent was surely to kill , frighten, or stage an event with consequences!

The Swiss man has all my respect and I see no malice in that he did not go to the Victims home?

His wife on the other hand could be involved in conspiracy to commit murder or a crime?

The Swiss man should be freed immediately!

Spice61

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Who goes to visit someone, on invitation, with a firearm?

Plenty of people if they're licenced to carry one, here or anywhere else (and plenty who aren't).

Ask anyone who's licenced to carry and does so on a regular basis, and it's like putting on a tie. The last thing you do is leave it behind because you're going to a friend's.

The licence to carry is for self-protection at all times, so why would you have less reason to carry when visiting someone, on invitation, than when going anywhere else?

Do you get magically beamed up from 'A' to 'B'?

That aside, nobody knows why he was invited to their house - anything from to play with the wife in the husband's absence to her wanting to tell them both her choice between the two, which could have upset one or the other so he may have needed to protect himself.

The idea that if you're licenced to carry you only do so when you intend going to kill or threaten someone is naive, at best.

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Does this matter? Trespassing is enough to justify any actions by homeowner. Twist it, twist it more... Fact is the same, motive doesn't matter.

In what country?  Even in Texas, your "actions" have limits.

Of course it matters ... and, apart from the man who killed him, who said he was trespassing?

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Now why would the woman invite her side squeeze over to the house?

Any number of possibilities, of which yours is just one.

I don't think he should've killed him, but if you walk into someone's home with a gun and get killed by a good beating.... Something with stupid games and stupid prizes. 

5 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

It seems the victim’s family knows so much about an illegal affair and what the victim was up to?

Why on earth wouldn't they?

His wife and kids had left over it, so almost certainly the whole village knew.

8 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

Could they be accomplices?

Because they knew he was having an affair and who with?

Seriously???

10 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

Does not matter how or what he intended carrying a gun to another mans house ?

There was a time when I carried 24/7, for various reasons, as do other people. That doesn't mean I intended to kill my friends when I visited them!!!

What do you think people should do with a gun under those circumstances - leave it on top of the wall outside???

14 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

His intent was surely to kill , frighten, or stage an event with consequences

Why?

How do you have any idea what his intent was?

Because he was Thai, and carrying a gun he was licenced to carry?

17 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

The Swiss man has all my respect and I see no malice in that he did not go to the Victims home?

So because he didn't go to the victim's home there could have been no malice, and because it was his house he was fully entitled to kill anyone else there if they so much as looked at him in a funny way, let alone admitted having an affair with his wife?

22 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

His wife on the other hand could be involved in conspiracy to commit murder or a crime?

Yes, after all she's Thai and having an extra-marital affair, so why not?

23 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

The Swiss man should be freed immediately!

"FREED" FROM WHAT?

As reported, he was released on 300,000 baht bail.

I've read some uninformed comments here, but this has to be the winner.

Nobody knows the circumstances or sequence of events, for some reason there's been no reporting anywhere of anything the wife had to say and no suggestions as to why you'd tie someone up as you thought they posed a danger but leave their gun beside them, and next to no interest in the massive holes in the stories, but no shortage of blame and finger-pointing based on nothing more than who was Thai and who had a gun they were fully entitled and licenced to carry.

Ho hummm ... no real surprises ...

4 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I don't think he should've killed him, but if you walk into someone's home with a gun and get killed by a good beating.... Something with stupid games and stupid prizes. 

But if you're licenced to carry a gun and do so, what else are you supposed to do with it when you go to someone's house?

Leave it at the gate??? 😂

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But if you're licenced to carry a gun and do so, what else are you supposed to do with it when you go to someone's house?

Leave it at the gate??? 😂

Why is it necessary to bring your gun everywhere? 

Maybe it's just me, but even if I would own a gun, I wouldn't see it as necessary to bring it everywhere I go and intimidate people with it. 

Btw, didn't the article say he was charged with taking a gun out in public? So it's not a thing one should do here in Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, harry1 said:

entering someone house without consent and carrying a gun is illegal 

Its been reported that He was invited to the house and carrying a gun isn't illegal if you have a license 

• Like 1

Just now, harry1 said:

entering someone house without consent and carrying a gun is illegal 

Well two points here. 1) Perhaps he was invited by the lady of the house which is stated in some reports and 2),

Please reference the relevant Thai law that states entering a house carrying a firearm for which you have a license  is illegal if invited into that house.

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Why is it necessary to bring your gun everywhere? 

I haven't suggested it was  "necessary ...everywhere", but for most people who think they need to carry a gun badly enough to get a licence to carry the question is when you don't need to carry rather than when you do. I don't know what his reasons to carry were, nor does anyone here, but if he thought he had a reason to carry outside, what was he supposed to do with it when he probably wouldn't need it, when in the Swiss man's wife's house?

... and maybe he thought the Swiss man might be armed or try to kill him, so he'd need to defend himself as he clearly wasn't much good at defending himself unarmed?

Who knows?

Maybe it's just me, but even if I would own a gun, I wouldn't see it as necessary to bring it everywhere I go and intimidate people with it.

Who says he "intimidated people with it", other than the guy who killed him and tied him up but didn't take the gun away?

Btw, didn't the article say he was charged with taking a gun out in public? So it's not a thing one should do here in Thailand

It's probably not a good idea to take anything Jack Arthur or Neill Fronde report as accurate or correct.

Para 1 of Section 39 of Chapter 1 of Title 3 (Criminal Prosecutions and Penal Actions) to the Thai Criminal Procedure Code very clearly states:

"Section 39. The right to prosecute shall be extinguished if:

1. When the offender ceases to live. "

7 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its been reported that He was invited to the house and carrying a gun isn't illegal if you have a license 

It's also been reported, in the Thai press, that the Swiss man has refused to make any further statements and his wife has refused to make any statements at all, including to the police.

That's their right, of course .....

"After the initial investigation, the Swiss man was charged with assaulting others to death and the Thai victim was charged posthumously with trespassing, carrying a firearm in public, and attempted murder."

This sounds like one of those cases where 2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 do.

4 hours ago, palooka said:

Who goes to visit someone, on invitation, with a firearm?

Agreed. Or if you do, make sure it’s loaded and you know how to use it. The Thai man either didn’t take the gun, wasn’t loaded, didn’t know how to use it, or got attacked by surprise…..