News Forum - Thursday Covid Update: 11,200 new cases and 113 deaths

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 11,200 new cases and 113 coronavirus-related deaths. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, the CCSA has reported a total of 1,649,434 confirmed Covid-19 cases. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,087 recoveries. There are now 109,022 people in Thailand currently receiving treatment for Covid-19. Out of the new cases today, 138 were found in correctional facilities. Tens of thousands of inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. More information and provincial totals will […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: 11,200 new cases and 113 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

37 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Today, the CCSA reported 11,200 new cases and 113 coronavirus-related deaths. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, the CCSA has reported a total of 1,649,434 confirmed Covid-19 cases. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,087 recoveries. There are now 109,022 people in Thailand currently receiving treatment for Covid-19. Out of the new cases today, 138 were found in correctional facilities. Tens of thousands of inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. More information and provincial totals will […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: 11,200 new cases and 113 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So deaths went from 77 to 113 and positives from below 10k up again, despite ATK's not being counted (thus the actual number being higher).

Who'd have guessed that would happen with more and more people moving across the country and slacking on preventative measures? 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

Eastern region schools are being inspected this week for compliance to regulations for opening 1st Nov.

There have been many changes including a temp testing room at the main entry and resizing of classrooms.

Think they'll go for it on Nov 1 as per Prayut instructions. 

22 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Agree totally... just like previously! I cannot believe that people are actually convincing themselves that the numbers are now falling! If testing is less (which it is!) then the numbers will be less. This is convenient for a government who continuously claims the numbers will drop! The whole thing is orchestrated to enable Chanocha et al. to claim their predictions were correct! ITS TOTAL B.S!

For these reasons, the majority of Thai schools will NOT reopen until next year! Attempting to get 85% of staff and students inoculated is just sound bites...nothing more! I know 2 large schools (circa 3000 students each!) saying January 2022 is more than likely! 

In addition, we have 'festival season' approaching and that will also involve the movement of Thai people from region to region, thus spreading any infections. Like Songkran, Loi Krathong will not be 'cancelled!'  

And the vegetarian festival started in Phuket yesterday normally the place is rammed

No testing numbers and no stats on vaccination numbers first and second dose.... People need to have some idea of how things are going!!! Otherwise they assume the worst..... (so do potential foreign tourists planning their holidays....hmmm Thailand......no data......Seychelles.......high levels of vaccination

All these strict rules for restaurants you may not this,  you may not that. Close at this time, no alcohol.. but festivals no problem... it is a load of BS. So long as the government get something out of it, then it is legal and ok... 

1 minute ago, Paco said:

All these strict rules for restaurants you may not this,  you may not that. Close at this time, no alcohol.. but festivals no problem... it is a load of BS. So long as the government get something out of it, then it is legal and ok... 

True, then again people are not as strict with preventative measures as they used to be either. And you don't have to do everything that is allowed. I thought people would know better by now, but looking at the number of BKK cars in CM and the behaviour of who get out of them, I don't hold high hopes. And other members say the same about other locations.

I've said it for ages. How this is handled lacks a clear strategy and is one step forward, three steps back...

• Like 3

It's a fact the more the government fool the Thai population into thinking it's all under control, case numbers are declining. More and more people are forgetting the wearing of masks in public. Those that do wear them are using them as chin and neck warmers and social distancing is a joke, I don't think Thais have ever grasped the concept.

Edited by Griff1315
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

True, then again people are not as strict with preventative measures as they used to be either. And you don't have to do everything that is allowed. I thought people would know better by now, but looking at the number of BKK cars in CM and the behaviour of who get out of them, I don't hold high hopes. And other members say the same about other locations.

I've said it for ages. How this is handled lacks a clear strategy and is one step forward, three steps back...

I think is because people tired of it, they see the government is doing shitty and do not listen to the people so why people should listen to the government  government does what they want... I really think people fed-up with it. Some rules are unnecessary and just pissing you off 

Edited by Paco

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think is because people tired of it, they see the government is doing shitty and do not listen to the people so why people should listen to the government  government does what they want... I really think people fed-up with it. Some rules are unnecessary and just pissing you off 

It's the same as when your mum tells you to go to school. Some understand that you don't do it for your mum, you do it for your own benefit!

It's the same with the Covid measures. You don't do it for the government.

And because some are fed-up, that doesn't mean the problem is gone...

If everyone had some self-discipline that would help the numbers go down and together with vaccinations then everyone can benefit much sooner.

• Like 2

The next problem on the horizon is the Loy Krathong festival. I don't suppose the government are going to stop the mass gatherings as in their eyes all is well no infections here honest Gov.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

The next problem on the horizon is the Loy Krathong festival. I don't suppose the government are going to stop the mass gatherings as in their eyes all is well no infections here honest Gov.

While they have recently increased their effort to pick-up bar owners and customers for breaking regulations, I suspect that is the precursor to announce limitations on any festivities...

10 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

While they have recently increased their effort to pick-up bar owners and customers for breaking regulations, I suspect that is the precursor to announce limitations on any festivities...

I would have guessed that the recent arrests at bars and restaurants was more of a precursor to the RTP not getting their allotted kick back envelopes.

Your probably right Bob just because Phuket one of the worst covid provinces in Thailand can hold a festival why should anyone else...😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I would have guessed that the recent arrests at bars and restaurants was more of a precursor to the RTP not getting their allotted kick back envelopes.

Your probably right Bob just because Phuket one of the worst covid provinces in Thailand can hold a festival why should anyone else...😁

Seems like a pointless exercise to start checking this late in the game. I'm just guessing. My crystal ball is in the repairshop 🥴

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

It's the same as when your mum tells you to go to school. Some understand that you don't do it for your mum, you do it for your own benefit!

If everyone had some self-discipline that would help the numbers go down and together with vaccinations then everyone can benefit much sooner.

Agreed. This time last year the nation was much more diligent on all levels of society. 

Between cops taking bribes from some gambling dens, Thonglor entertainment clubs, illegal workers as well as those that are sloppy in their habits the increase in cases just goes to show.

13 hours ago, Bob20 said:

is true, but they lie to much and the numbers are bullocks... they should give the example to the people and they do not... i mean i say it all the times why even believe these clowns? They have excuses, cover things up, lie... is that to be taken seriously?

2 hours ago, Paco said:

is true, but they lie to much and the numbers are bullocks... they should give the example to the people and they do not... i mean i say it all the times why even believe these clowns? They have excuses, cover things up, lie... is that to be taken seriously?

We know what prevents Covid from research and science all over the world. And we've seen that it works. 

You already know it and if you behave responsibly you can do something about it. You don't need anyone else to tell you or force you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

We know what prevents Covid from research and science all over the world. And we've seen that it works. 

You already know it and if you behave responsibly you can do something about it. You don't need anyone else to tell you or force you. 

That is how we think 🤔 keep that in mind... Thai people think different and I must say they complied very well most of them from the beginning, but no talking with a few I do understand their point in some things