News Forum - UK ditches “non-essential travel” alert for 32 countries, Thailand remains on red list (Update - now OFF red list)

Thaiger

13 minutes ago, BBY said:

Thanks Fluke. 

I am not so sure “The Independent” is a reliable source (but that’s a personal opinion) the FCDO certainly have not removed the Red list countries. The photo I posted is current.

However, what with the recent announcement from TAT that they are opening sandbox type entry to the world. I wouldn’t hold your breath for Thailand’s status to change.

I do however hope that you are correct and that Thailand is given the green light. Then all tourists have to wait for, is TAT to drop the ridiculous hoops they expect tourists to jump through and rethink opening to countries where Covid is rampant.

The FCDO are not  responsible for adding or removing Countries from the Red/ROW lists , they just give advice on which Countries are safe to travel to .

Because Thailand is on the U.K Govs Red list , they advise people not to travel there .

If  the U.K removes Thailand from the Red list , the FCDO will likely also remove Thailand from its list of Countries not safe to travel to .

BTW , I havent suggested that Thailand will be moved from the Red list , I have just stated that a decision  hasn't yet been made 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rain said:

Is this gonna put a wedge into your possible UK commute, Fluke?

This doesnt effect me at all, this is only for people travelling to Thailand .

This is advising people not to travel to Thailand .

I want to go in the other direction 

Just now, Fluke said:

This doesnt effect me at all, this is only for people travelling to Thailand .

This is advising people not to travel to Thailand .

I want to go in the other direction 

Do you have plans to return at all or just put it into the "done that got the T shirt" basket ?

Many of the comments above highlight the fact that international tourists aren't dumb. They read, they watch, they research. Thailand's way out isn't crafty politics or fudging the figures. It's be having a plan to vaccinate the population, being open about the progress and sharing the progress widely. No one will have confidence to visit or deal with Thailand on any other basis. Those who are in power will find themselves on a path to nowhere if they don't sit up and take notice. So I expect that the restrictions.... will soon fall away or this will be the lowest "high season" since the pandemic began.

Posts have been removed. The topic of this thread is : “News Forum - UK ditches “non-essential travel” alert for 32 countries, Thailand remains on red list”

Please refrain from off-topic posts and comments of a disparaging nature regarding an ethnic group and/or inappropriate content.

Thanks,

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wonder if they will downplay the issue and instead increase the view on the Indians propping up tourism.

Won't work.  There are no scheduled commercial flights from India to Thailand till 31 October (at least).  Moreover no Indian on a 3/4 nights extended weekend trip will risk testing positive and getting locked up for two weeks