News Forum - AirAsia Malaysia requiring all passengers to be vaccinated

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Agreed, but while checking vaccinations is far from foolproof, checking who's been infected and so has resistence is even more problematic / impossible.

Really good point as I have wondered the wisdom of hospitals showing recovery from Covid 19 certificates after all it is a greater immunity than 2 shots of Pfizer. But in practice it will truly be problematic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sputnik said:

good concept if the vaccine would work...which it does NOT

see here :

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Hundreds-of-Thai-medical-workers-infected-despite-Sinovac-vaccinations

this are the facts regarding vaccination hard facts for the fearful lot

conclude: THIS vaccine is BS just developed to make the boss some money from kickbacks...

Happy I am  double vaxed with AV,  means not having to sit next to a antivaxer on my next international flight :) and I would think not too soon on all domestic flights also :) :)

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

35 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Happy I am  double vaxed with AV,  means not having to sit next to a antivaxer on my next international flight :) and I would think not too soon on all domestic flights also :) :)

So glad you see yourself as a superior being, ten-feet tall and bulletproof. So you are double-vaxxed. Do you think that is will allow you to go maskless on a flight? Don't think so! Even in business class?

I object to your use of 'anti-vaxxer' - I am not on, all my PROVEN vaccinations are current. I just decline to be a guinea pig for big pharma when there is little proof the 'vaccine's will stop me being infected or improve my quality of life. At 73 and active, I prefer to look after myself rather than have a profit-drive pharmaceutical company get my money.

6 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

So glad you see yourself as a superior being, ten-feet tall and bulletproof. So you are double-vaxxed. Do you think that is will allow you to go maskless on a flight? Don't think so! Even in business class?

I object to your use of 'anti-vaxxer' - I am not on, all my PROVEN vaccinations are current. I just decline to be a guinea pig for big pharma when there is little proof the 'vaccine's will stop me being infected or improve my quality of life. At 73 and active, I prefer to look after myself rather than have a profit-drive pharmaceutical company get my money.

I'm not attacking you, because I respect your choice, but please consider this:

you're all vaccined-up, by the same profit-driven pharma. why is that okay and this isn't? you're no longer a guinea pig with vaccines that have meanwhile gained full approval with incredible amounts of research... and I don't know where you are, but most are unlikely to pay for the jab...

• Like 4

I believe every airline should require all crew and passengers to be fully vaccinated, even kids.

It really should be, no jab, no flight, no excuses and exceptions!

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

I believe every airline should require all crew and passengers to be fully vaccinated, even kids.

That would be nice, but there are always exceptions.

And then there are the ones with false paperwork who claim the right not to get the vaccine, but who don't observe the rights of others...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

That would be nice, but there are always exceptions.

And then there are the ones with false paperwork who claim the right not to get the vaccine, but who don't observe the rights of others...

If the airlines impose this requirement under IATA guidence, and they fall short in anyway because of Mickey Mouse excuses from dodgy passengers, impose  massive fines on them.

They'll find a way of weeding out the ner do wells and lead swingers!😉

• Like 1

This will be applied throughout the aviation industry as well as others. I work in the resource sector in Western Australia and we have recently been informed that vaccination will become mandatory.

I have no issue with this as I am already fully vaccinated and have understood for a long time that this is the only way I will be able to travel to visit by beautiful partner in Bangkok.

We all knew this was coming

Resistance is futile. Complain all you like but the powers that be have decided you cant participate in society without a vaccine.

You can either get it and hope nothing bad happens or live as a social outcast.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

We all knew this was coming

Resistance is futile. Complain all you like but the powers that be have decided you cant participate in society without a vaccine.

You can either get it and hope nothing bad happens or live as a social outcast.

I suspect that like most things, then in 5 years time the world will have  more important issues to deal with and nobody will then give a " tuppenny toss" as to whether you are vaccinated or not.

19 hours ago, sputnik said:

good concept if the vaccine would work...which it does NOT

see here :

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Hundreds-of-Thai-medical-workers-infected-despite-Sinovac-vaccinations

this are the facts regarding vaccination hard facts for the fearful lot

conclude: THIS vaccine is BS just developed to make the boss some money from kickbacks...

Just give Project Veritas new video a look.  Raises serious questions about the vaccines and the current process going on. Anyone with half a brain should be able to identify problem areas. 

3 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Just give Project Veritas new video a look.  Raises serious questions about the vaccines and the current process going on. Anyone with half a brain should be able to identify problem areas. 

Unfortunately for you, most on the forum have more than half a brain and see straight through it 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Unfortunately for you, most on the forum have more than half a brain and see straight through it 🤭

See through what? These are interviews.  What conspiracy are you inventing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

See through what? These are interviews.  What conspiracy are you inventing?

I didn't use that word and that's not the only thing one could see through...

For the rest people can make up their own mind about the publications of far-right activist James O'Keefe...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I didn't use that word and that's not the only thing one could see through...

For the rest people can make up their own mind about the publications of far-right activist James O'Keefe...

O'Keef's political position is irrelevant what is relevant is simply the interviews.   What does politics have to do with statements from the interviewed here?  Are you questioning the politics of the interviewed as well?  lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

I hope this will become a gold standard globally, but sadly harmonized approval of vaccines in each country still not clear. Too many vaccines and not all approved by all countries.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the efficacy of vaccines drop off drastically after 6 months and within one year will probably be all but ineffective. Some airlines are already stipulating that vaccination dates cannot be more than one year ago. That’s ok for now because 99% of those who have been vaccinated have had their jabs within the last year. But what will the situation look like by next summer when millions of vaccination certificates will be expiring? Will continuous booster shots be the order of the day?

6 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Unfortunately the efficacy of vaccines drop off drastically after 6 months and within one year will probably be all but ineffective. Some airlines are already stipulating that vaccination dates cannot be more than one year ago. That’s ok for now because 99% of those who have been vaccinated have had their jabs within the last year. But what will the situation look like by next summer when millions of vaccination certificates will be expiring? Will continuous booster shots be the order of the day?

They already are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

My guess is that annual booster vaccinations will become the norm, not unlike flu jabs.

8 minutes ago, Guevara said:

My guess is that annual booster vaccinations will become the norm, not unlike flu jabs.

Let's take an extreme view here. A few years time people will almost certainly be fed up with this whole covid business irrespective of whether they are pro or anti vaxxers. Given that the majority will simply not bother with boosters,  does anyone really think that the airlines will voluntarily go bust by refusing to transport unvaccinated people which will represent most of the worlds population at that time ? Doubt it and it will all be forgotten I guess. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Let's take an extreme view here. A few years time people will almost certainly be fed up with this whole covid business irrespective of whether they are pro or anti vaxxers. Given that the majority will simply not bother with boosters,  does anyone really think that the airlines will voluntarily go bust by refusing to transport unvaccinated people which will represent most of the worlds population at that time ? Doubt it and it will all be forgotten I guess. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I think the vaccines will be perfected and at whatever interval, it will become so normal to get a booster that not many will make a problem anymore.

We know that herd immunity isn't possible, so if at some stage we "just let go" a new wave will follow and then we have to start from scratch again

• Like 3

A booster every year or biannual isn't much to ask to keep the world moving until better longer lasting vaccines can be developed.

Who knows what's  around the corner an Antiviral drug could be developed to stop covid in its tracks. Or China could screw up again killing another 4/5 million innocent people 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

I'm of the opinion that the Covid Era, and everything associated, is more of a passing fancy brought on by forced upon and extreme consciousness. All of which will forgotten in a year's time - perhaps two. 

Several off topic posts now removed.

Please keep to the topic of the thread

AirAsia Malaysia requiring all passengers to be vaccinated

This is not an Anti-vax thread and any more mention of this subject will result in time away from the forum.

Take this as a warning.

Andrew 

• Like 1