News Forum - AirAsia Malaysia requiring all passengers to be vaccinated

Thaiger

A private business retains the right to barr entry to people on any grounds other than established definitions of discrimination. Some of the criteria are established by law such as being underage in a Bar, buying cigarettes etc. 

Not accepting would be passengers in the greater interest of other travelers and in the interest of confidence in the Airline of those travelers is entirely their prerogative. Those that object for whatever reason are still welcome to find another carrier at least until such time it could become an International mandate. If that eventuates  learn to swim or concede !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a sad world we are living now...

How difficult it must be to be 20 years old in 2021... You are an healthy young guy full of life, after almost 2 years of insane restrcitions that made you loose the best time of your life, and you are told that if you wish to take part of this world from now on, you have to get 2 jabs for a disease that has quasi 0 risk to affect you badly while these jabs does not even prevent transmission. Most of you The New Authoritarians of The New Normal Wold are obviously old fats, I feel sorry that you will have to live your last few years on earth in constant fear... You are constantly going against the Chinese regime, or the Thai authoritarian regime as it happens, but then you hope nothing more than the same one for the world over... Vaccinated? 10 points, good citizen, you are allowed to this and that. Not vaccinated? 0 points, bad citizen, you are NOT allowed to this and that. It is literaly the description of the Chinese regime.

So why should a non-vaccinated person not being allowed to fly since:

- if YOU are fully vaccinated, with Pfizer or Az for example, then you are protected (apparently) so why do you care??

- if YOU are fully vaccinated, you can still catch the virus and transmit it, and after 6 months once the vaccine is wearing off, you have quasi the same viral load than the non-vaccinated - so why vaccinated should have more rights to fly than non-vaccinated??

5 minutes ago, Manu said:

How difficult it must be to be 20 years old in 2021... You are an healthy young guy full of life, after almost 2 years of insane restrcitions that made you loose the best time of your life, and you are told that if you wish to take part of this world from now on, you have to get 2 jabs for a disease that has quasi 0 risk to affect you badly while these jabs does not even prevent transmission. Most of you The New Authoritarians of The New Normal Wold are obviously old fats, I feel sorry that you will have to live your last few years on earth in constant fear... You are constantly going against the Chinese regime, or the Thai authoritarian regime as it happens, but then you hope nothing more than the same one for the world over... Vaccinated? 10 points, good citizen, you are allowed to this and that. Not vaccinated? 0 points, bad citizen, you are NOT allowed to this and that. It is literaly the description of the Chinese regime.

- if YOU are fully vaccinated, with Pfizer or Az for example, then you are protected (apparently) so why do you care??

- if YOU are fully vaccinated, you can still catch the virus and transmit it, and after 6 months once the vaccine is wearing off, you have quasi the same viral load than the non-vaccinated - so why vaccinated should have more rights to fly than non-vaccinated??

You still won't be able to fly..........their private business rules

Doesn't matter what you think about it all, that is irrelevant

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Manu said:

Others make the rules.........................suck it up, or don't do it.

• Like 3

On 10/6/2021 at 12:45 PM, Thommo said:

Happy I am  double vaxed with AV,  means not having to sit next to a antivaxer on my next international flight :) and I would think not too soon on all domestic flights also :) :)

NOT happy, I am double vaxed but there are still chances that I might sit next to a complete idiot on my next international flight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Others make the rules.........................suck it up, or don't do it.

I am fully vaccinated. Am I still allowed to express freely my opinion? Would I be if I was not vaccinated?

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

You still won't be able to fly..........their private business rules

Doesn't matter what you think about it all, that is irrelevant

Just as irrelevant than what you think... you express your thoughts on a forum, so do I.

10 minutes ago, Manu said:

Just as irrelevant than what you think... you express your thoughts on a forum, so do I.

But you are expressing your thoughts on the vaccine when talking about Airline rules

Your thoughts on the vaccine are completely irrelevant, they don't matter in regards to an airplane's rules

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Manu said:

I am fully vaccinated. Am I still allowed to express freely my opinion? Would I be if I was not vaccinated?

You just don't get it do you?

Express your opinion as much as you like....................then get in line and follow the rules..............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

How difficult it must be to be 20 years old in 2021.

Why?

What's so different about 2021, 2011, 2001, 1991, 1981, 1971, etc, when you had to have specific vaccines to fly to certain countries, as you still do?

Apart from now having an excess of uninformed mongs bleating "I'm all right Jack why should I care about the rest of you", what's changed?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Will continuous booster shots be the order of the day?

Only for as long as a substantial fraction of the global population remain unvaccinated.

8 hours ago, Guevara said:

My guess is that annual booster vaccinations will become the norm, not unlike flu jabs.

A professor virologist told that new variants will continue to show, but at the end (he didn't mention when) this virus will end as all corona virusses: as a common cold.

8 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Will continuous booster shots be the order of the day?

Presumably you mean in vaccine passports and for flights, as is the topic here, although there's some overlap with in general which is veering off topic. The simple answer is that "nobody knows" despite what's said so confidently here, as the experts and the manufacturers keep saying.

Nobody knows if these are "booster shots" or it'll be a two, three or four jab system like a tetanus jab, or what will be required in a vaccine passport, so it's impossible to say what airlines will require in a few years time - even now it's not clear, and there's no international standard so it can only be whatever the destination country demands.

Air Asia Malaysia have made a big thing out of mandating it on their flights, but realistically as all the countries they fly to and in mandate it anyway they're not actually imposing any additional requirements at all so it's really just a PR exercise that changes nothing, little else.

This will be applied throughout the aviation industry as well as others. I work in the resource sector in Western Australia and we have recently been informed that vaccination will become mandatory.

I have no issue with this as I am already fully vaccinated and have understood for a long time that this is the only way I will be able to travel to visit by beautiful partner in Bangkok.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Convert54 said:

A private business retains the right to barr entry to people on any grounds other than established definitions of discrimination. Some of the criteria are established by law such as being underage in a Bar, buying cigarettes etc. 

Not accepting would be passengers in the greater interest of other travelers and in the interest of confidence in the Airline of those travelers is entirely their prerogative. Those that object for whatever reason are still welcome to find another carrier at least until such time it could become an International mandate. If that eventuates  learn to swim or concede !

Rules change everyday with new findings, new scientist discovery, new variant evolve, etc.

It can be difficult to keep up. One minute you are in the next you are out.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, Viggen840 said:

So glad you see yourself as a superior being, ten-feet tall and bulletproof. So you are double-vaxxed. Do you think that is will allow you to go maskless on a flight? Don't think so! Even in business class?

I object to your use of 'anti-vaxxer' - I am not on, all my PROVEN vaccinations are current. I just decline to be a guinea pig for big pharma when there is little proof the 'vaccine's will stop me being infected or improve my quality of life. At 73 and active, I prefer to look after myself rather than have a profit-drive pharmaceutical company get my money.

My quality of life will improve 

1. When I return to Oz ( on business class :) no eco seats were avilable) and yes I will wear a face a mask 7 day home quarentine  not 14 hotel

2. Whe I return to BKK most liklely only a 7 day quarentine and I hoping none next year

Booked a trip to Phuket to dive in December :)   I can enter Phuket with a negative test

All goods reason to be vaxed in my opinion

Abosulutly I repect and understand peoples decesion not be be vaccinated but I had made my choice, I have one son in OZ who refuses to be.

Happy that you are active and healthy  at 73 hope I am the same if and when I reach the same in 13 years time

Cheers

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stonker said:

Why?

What's so different about 2021, 2011, 2001, 1991, 1981, 1971, etc, when you had to have specific vaccines to fly to certain countries, as you still do?

Apart from now having an excess of uninformed mongs bleating "I'm all right Jack why should I care about the rest of you", what's changed?

'Fly to certain countries' is the operative phrase... not an enforcement by airlines

2 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

'Fly to certain countries' is the operative phrase... not an enforcement by airlines

No, it is "an enforcement by airlines" as they won't let you on unless vaccinated.

23 hours ago, Manu said:

I would definitely hope you CAN express your thoughts. It IS (supposed) a free world. 

16 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

I would definitely hope you CAN express your thoughts. It IS (supposed) a free world. 

Yeah.

I used to believe that, too.

• Cool 1