News Forum - AirAsia Malaysia requiring all passengers to be vaccinated

Thaiger

AirAsia, the Southeast Asian budget airline carrier based in Malaysia, has announced that they will only allow passengers to travel on their flights if they have been fully vaccinated. It is unclear if this will apply to all regional AirAsia divisions, but it appears to be implemented first in Malaysia. The announcement made today said that the Malaysian unit will only allow fully vaccinated passengers as it now will be resuming domestic flights and looking ahead to international flight service hope to be starting up again soon. The budget airline has been at the forefront of Covid-19 safety, with strict […]

The post AirAsia Malaysia requiring all passengers to be vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Good. They won't be the last. 

Just as the antivax crew have a choice not to get vaccinated, as they're so happy to remind us all, private companies and businesses have a choice to insist on it. 

Don't like it, don't travel!

No sympathy for the unvaccinated..(medical reasons excepted)

Expect it to mandatory for visa renewal and application, work permit etc in many countries around the world very soon too, if not already.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

No surprise there, it'll soon be the standard for all the world's airlines.

I believe it is almost there now - certainly among the better Asian/ME carriers. 

2 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Fantastic.. now i can sit around the pool or in a bar without an antivaxxer spouting his views out loudly 

Unless it is the pool boy 😂

57 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Good. They won't be the last. 

Just as the antivax crew have a choice not to get vaccinated, as they're so happy to remind us all, private companies and businesses have a choice to insist on it. 

Don't like it, don't travel!

No sympathy for the unvaccinated..(medical reasons excepted)

Expect it to mandatory for visa renewal and application, work permit etc in many countries around the world very soon too, if not already.

good concept if the vaccine would work...which it does NOT

see here :

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Hundreds-of-Thai-medical-workers-infected-despite-Sinovac-vaccinations

this are the facts regarding vaccination hard facts for the fearful lot

conclude: THIS vaccine is BS just developed to make the boss some money from kickbacks...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, sputnik said:

see here :

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Hundreds-of-Thai-medical-workers-infected-despite-Sinovac-vaccinations

conclude: THIS vaccine is BS just developed to make the boss some money from kickbacks...

This thread is about an airline requiring passengers to be vaccinated. Not a thread for anti vaxxers to expound their theories or promote their prejudices.

5 minutes ago, sputnik said:

see here :

We've all been complaining about Sinovac, but the government kept buying it and offering it as an (ineffective) solution.

The case for disallowing unvaccinated passengers still stands, but perhaps we should add vaccinated people with only Sinovac to it (if only that were logistically possible).

As time passes, that group will resolve itself as boosters will be of a different more effective type vaccine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

AirAsia, the Southeast Asian budget airline carrier based in Malaysia, has announced that they will only allow passengers to travel on their flights if they have been fully vaccinated. It is unclear if this will apply to all regional AirAsia divisions, but it appears to be implemented first in Malaysia. The announcement made today said that the Malaysian unit will only allow fully vaccinated passengers as it now will be resuming domestic flights and looking ahead to international flight service hope to be starting up again soon. The budget airline has been at the forefront of Covid-19 safety, with strict […]

The post AirAsia Malaysia requiring all passengers to be vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I hope their CEO is prepared to accept no obscene bonus this year then.

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

We've all been complaining about Sinovac, but the government kept buying it and offering it as an (ineffective) solution.

The case for disallowing unvaccinated passengers still stands, but perhaps we should add vaccinated people with only Sinovac to it (if only that were logistically possible).

As time passes, that group will resolve itself as boosters will be of a different more effective type vaccine.

So little hope for the Chinese flying around Thailand 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A bit rough if you are tested Covid19 -ve but have not yet been vaccinated as your area still hasn't received sufficient doses.

Although I'm pro-vaccine some of these laws are too restrictive considering that a vaccinated person can still contract the virus and pass it on to others.

32 minutes ago, gummy said:

This thread is about an airline requiring passengers to be vaccinated. Not a thread for anti vaxxers to expound their theories or promote their prejudices.

The only way of stopping this destroying every thread and ultimately the forum is to report this as soon as it happens, as I've just done:

"How many times does @KaptainRob have to keep repeating "The News section is not for arguing vax -v- no vax."?

It's now destroying every thread, regardless of how tenuous the supposed connection with the topic is."

Regardless of personal views, responding rather than reporting only encourages these people or their replacements whichever side of the fence they're on, and as much as anything else it's bl**dy boring and annoying when an otherwise worthwhile thread gets locked because of these idiots ON BOTH SIDES who have no respect for other members and the forum..

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

A bit rough if you are tested Covid19 -ve but have not yet been vaccinated as your area still hasn't received sufficient doses.

Although I'm pro-vaccine some of these laws are too restrictive considering that a vaccinated person can still contract the virus and pass it on to others.

Agreed, but while checking vaccinations is far from foolproof, checking who's been infected and so has resistence is even more problematic / impossible.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The rule is almost certainly only those with vaccines approved by the country you're flying both from and to, making personal opinions on efficacy and vax vs no vax as irrelevant as they are increasingly tedious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Regardless of personal views, responding rather than reporting only encourages these people or their replacements whichever side of the fence they're on, and as much as anything else it's bl**dy boring and annoying when an otherwise worthwhile thread gets locked because of these idiots ON BOTH SIDES who have no respect for other members and the forum..

Thank you Stonker.  Sputnik's response did contain a valid LINK and posts are mainly on-topic, let's try and keep it that way folks. 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The rule is almost certainly only those with vaccines approved by the country you're flying both from and to, making personal opinions on efficacy and vax vs no vax as irrelevant as they are increasingly tedious.

Its not a personal opinion, as the low effectiveness of Sinovac has scientifically been well documented and even more so for the delta variant.

And about tediousness, you should know being the expert 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Its not a personal opinion, as the low effectiveness of Sinovac has scientifically been well documented and even more so for the delta variant.

And about tediousness, you should know being the expert 🤣

@Bob20, you're really not doing yourself, the forum, or those in favour of vaccinations any favours here.

You keep insisting you've got me on ignore - why not do everyone a favour and keep it that way?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Between a rock and a hard place with me. I am very much pro-vaccination, living in South-East Asia  but dead set against the worldwide used-car salesman push and coercion for everyone to get a jab for the flu. As far as I am concerned, all these magically appearing vaccines are nothing but experimental stopgaps that should go nowhere near a human until PROPERLY tested and proven safe to use.

Yes, there are deaths attributed to the Wuhan flu, but it also appears amazing that, at the same time, people dying naturally from old age, cancer, aneurysm and the like have hugely reduced. Just my thoughts; feel free to tear me apart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Between a rock and a hard place with me. I am very much pro-vaccination, living in South-East Asia  but dead set against the worldwide used-car salesman push and coercion for everyone to get a jab for the flu. As far as I am concerned, all these magically appearing vaccines are nothing but experimental stopgaps that should go nowhere near a human until PROPERLY tested and proven safe to use.

Yes, there are deaths attributed to the Wuhan flu, but it also appears amazing that, at the same time, people dying naturally from old age, cancer, aneurysm and the like have hugely reduced. Just my thoughts; feel free to tear me apart.

Why tear you apart? You make some good points.

The world got lumbered with a major problem. And against all odds we found something to reduce the deaths and hospitalisations. The vaccines went through normal test phases, except for the last one as it promised to be very good and the advantages were (with the science up to that point) much bigger than any disadvantage.

Leaving it on the shelf until fully trialled would have seen many people that now live, dead instead. It was worth the risk at the time.

While we now have these highly effective vaccines (well, some of them) used on billions and reducing hospitalisations and deaths, the emergency has somewhat subsided as long as the vaccination drive continues.

And as such there's no need anymore to take further risks with emergency approvals, unless perhaps it is for the folk who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons.

• Like 2