News Forum - Its likely too late for herd immunity, but vaccines still vital.

Thaiger

With Thailand finally on track to reach its vaccination goals having now administered 56 million vaccines across the nation, scientists are warning that it may be too little too late for the possibility of herd immunity. Virologist Dr Yong Poovorawan at the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at Chulalongkorn University believe that herd immunity may never be achieved at this point in the Covid-19 pandemic. Scientists still stressed the importance of vaccines and attempt to help the public understand that herd immunity and the eradication of Covid-19 are not the only advantages of vaccinations. Those who are vaccinated have […]

The post Its likely too late for herd immunity, but vaccines still vital. appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The COVID vaccines are <content deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Brian60221 posts in breach of FG rule#5 removed
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, brian60221 said:

The COVID vaccines are .....  <content deleted as per FG's>

Welcome to the forum, Brian, and I'm sorry if this appears unwelcoming given that this was your first post, but please name any "leading safety experts" that have said that.

Any at all.

Dr Malone certainly isn't one of them, as he has had NOTHING to do with any "mRNA vaccine technology" at all but simply did some very basic early experimentation with mRNA on a rat as a student.

If you disagree, then please give an example of any "mRNA vaccine technology" he's been involved with, along with the vaccine.

Again, welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing from you as I'm sure others do. 😇 in the appropriate forum! (added by Mod)

Edited by KaptainRob
Brian60221 posts in breach of FG rule#5 removed
  • Like 3

I got my 2nd Pfizer dose 2 days ago and it kicked my ass. Completely wiped me out. 

Im in my 30s, fit and healthy.

Must be one hell of a virus if its worse than this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brian60221 said:

< deleted>

The science is clear. Never before has such a vaccination effort been conducted on such a scale and the vaccines are shown to be effective and prevent a huge number of deaths and hospitalisations.

Anyone not wanting to take it, no problem. They take their own chances. And take the consequences.

And, although it's interesting to discuss these things here, I'm not at all scientifically interested in most of the comments made.

If Tiger goes offline, like Facebook and Bangkok Post did, people will have to think for themselves...

And while we all still visit a doctor for advice when we fall ill, perhaps you should also listen to real experts and not resort to spurious claims on the internet for this pandemic?

It's the same for the antivaxxers. They all scream at the top of their lungs. But when they can't breath, the doctor is the hero again.

• Like 2

A number of posts have been deleted as off-topic and containing sensitive subject matter that's been discussed elsewhere on forum, ie: Covid/Vaccines 

The News section is not for arguing vax -v- no vax.

I may edit some HIDDEN posts later but for now this remains locked. 

"Doctors now liken vaccination efforts to be similar to tetanus, an affliction that cannot be eradicated but can be well controlled with regular booster shots."

Why compare covid with clostridium tetani, which isn't even a virus, is a bacteria and it does not spread through airway either.  Why not simply compare with influenza virus,  where exactly the same thing occurs-constant mutations followed by vaccine updates. 

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

"Doctors now liken vaccination efforts to be similar to tetanus, an affliction that cannot be eradicated but can be well controlled with regular booster shots."

Why compare covid with clostridium tetani, which isn't even a virus, is a bacteria and it does not spread through airway either.  Why not simply compare with influenza virus,  where exactly the same thing occurs-constant mutations followed by vaccine updates. 

Irrelevant to the point being made! 

Why not simply compare with influenza virus,  where exactly the same thing occurs-constant mutations followed by vaccine updates. 

Not true, influenza is more a case of mix and match compatible sub units not mutation. That is why you get designations such as H1N9 for influenza. 

22 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

10 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

Irrelevant to the point being made! 

10 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

Why not simply compare with influenza virus,  where exactly the same thing occurs-constant mutations followed by vaccine updates. 

Not true, influenza is more a case of mix and match compatible sub units not mutation. That is why you get designations such as H1N9 for influenza. 

A lot more people get tetanus jabs, with a lot less controversy, and a lot more initial doses to increase protection levels (five) before you even start boosters, which is what makes it a not unreasonable comparison even if it's not perfect.