Tourist tax

If we come on a 60 day multiple entry Tourists visa are we going to pay each time we depart. If so we will not stay so long maybe a single entry 90 day instead. Already they killed off 1 year 90 day multiple entry what are they trying to do shoot themselves in the foot. My wife and I have a Condo in Chiangmai and like to stay around 6 months every Winter but all of this is discouraging.

1 minute ago, Les1 said:

If we come on a 60 day multiple entry Tourists visa are we going to pay each time we depart. If so we will not stay so long maybe a single entry 90 day instead. Already they killed off 1 year 90 day multiple entry what are they trying to do shoot themselves in the foot. My wife and I have a Condo in Chiangmai and like to stay around 6 months every Winter but all of this is discouraging.

Well whilst 500 THB may not seem like a lot of money to many it is not the issue. The real issue being that the retards masquerading as TAT come up with all manner of ridiculous reasons in an attempt to justify it. Given their modus operandi and the governments endeavour to treat potential tourists as imbeciles, purely based on their own characters , then I have no doubt that once this little charade of taking money from the very people that they need to attract here by this latest tax, it will be replaced by yet another novel deterrent  to tourists dreamt up by these simpletons.  Whilst millions of normal Thais are, or were reliant on the tourists to give them a meagre income, the muppets in TAT and the government sole concern appears to see how much they can scam from those tourists to fill their personal bank accounts is my guess as the normal Thais who are desperate for a return to normality are of no consequence to these corrupt buffoons.

Really?

B700 per departure is gonna break ya? 

Actually, you don't have any say so or control of this added surcharge, as it's auto-written into your air ticket. 

Jai yen. 

20 minutes ago, Les1 said:

The METV has been suspended for some time now as it's unworkable due to borders being closed.
Apply for the STV (Special Tourist Visa) instead.

I'll also move this topic to the correct section.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rain said:

Really?

Actually, you don't have any say so or control of this added surcharge, as it's auto-written into your air ticket. 

Jai yen. 

That's around 8,400 baht for 2. No it won't break us but already we have invested a considerable amount in Thailand. Have you?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Faz said:

The METV has been suspended for some time now as it's unworkable due to borders being closed.
Apply for the STV (Special Tourist Visa) instead.

I'll also move this topic to the correct section.

This I understand however UK Thai embassy reports it may return with full openings..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Les1 said:

This I understand however UK Thai embassy reports it may return with full openings..

The Thai Embassy site London hasn't been updated as of yet.
The STV is available again.

Read this topic ( page 4) https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/5902-thailand-re-entry-questions/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-75125

I've also just started a new topic on the STV.
https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/6204-stv-special-tourist-visa/

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Les1 said:

That's around 8,400 baht for 2. No it won't break us but already we have invested a considerable amount in Thailand. Have you?

I sure have. For ages, investing and contribution to the community. The real investment. And more than you'll ever know.

But, for me it's home. Has been for quite some time. Family and community. 

Don't see my life or Thailand as a self-serving investment opportunity, nor am I only here a few months outta the year.......how convenient - 

1 hour ago, Les1 said:

I think @Rain is confused.
The 700 BHT per person departure tax has been applied for a long time and is inclusive of your air ticket price. Most folks didn't even realised it existed.
Thailand has announced a new 'arrivals' tax of 500 BHT per person from January.
This will also be added to the cost of the air ticket, so for 2, an increase of 1,000 BHT across two tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les1 said:

Already they killed off 1 year 90 day multiple entry what are they trying to do shoot themselves in the foot.

It's still available, if you know where to get it.
Is your wife Thai?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Faz said:

I think @Rain is confused.
The 700 BHT per person departure tax has been applied for a long time and is inclusive of your air ticket price. Most folks didn't even realised it existed.
Thailand has announced a new 'arrivals' tax of 500 BHT per person from January.
This will also be added to the cost of the air ticket, so for 2, an increase of 1,000 BHT across two tickets.

Ah, Sure.

My bad.

Thanks for the correction, Faz.

5 hours ago, Rain said:

Really?

Jai yen. 

Simple answer Rain don't come to Thailand. They don't want us anyway its obvious.

4 hours ago, Les1 said:

Out of curiousity, what have you "invested"?

4 hours ago, Les1 said:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, vlad said:

Simple answer Rain don't come to Thailand. They don't want us anyway its obvious.

That would be most beneficial to Thais and Thailand - less and less foreign tourists and wannabe residents. 

Bliss.....