News Forum - Phuket “Sandbox” to allow visitors from overseas to apply for “Visa on Arrival”

Thaiger

29 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

And you would be right---does that make my comment false or untrue?  been living in LOS over a decade

and ive come to the conclusion i'm seen only as money.....which is exhausting but ive accepted it

So whats ur point?

My point would be why would you ever choose to live in a place that you think that way about?

Must be a pretty negative and shitty way to live

Come on Bob, embrace positivity! You can do it!!

Edited by Marc26
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, Thommo said:

(snip) the visa required me to visit the thai consulate twice so a visa on arrival should save visitors the the kingdom at least these 2 consulate or embassy visits

Evidently from what's been said here only those visitors who only want a limited stay and who aren't visa exempt for that stay.

6 hours ago, Cape said:

Bit lost on where we are! I arrive BKK next month, November 21.

To get a COE, I must show a rtn flight and covid insurance.

Will I need to quarantine as I'm fully vaccinated?

Thank you for your good advice.

The November rules have not been proposed. Maybe next week followed by a couple weeks of flip-flop. Look for a Sandbox-like process where you'll be required to spend a week in BKK and take a couple of COVID tests.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

So 12 yrs in LOS makes me cynical....or a realist?

The difference between an optimist and a realist is that a realist knows exactly how bad it could be yet proceeds as if everything's going to be great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cape said:

I think you will need to quarantine in a hotel room. Probably for 7 days. If you went to Phuket, you could roam the island and other nearby locations. After 7 days, you can go where you want. Personally I would prefer Phuket rather than being locked up in BKK for 7 days. You can get nice hotel rooms in Phuket cheap at present.

It possible that all this could change Nov 1. However, this is what the deal is now, and the future is unknown.

8 hours ago, Cape said:

If you don’t have a COE and if you haven’t followed the process to get one, you won’t be flying in to Bkk next month. Check out your local Thai embassy website for details. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alavan said:

Without visa is 30 days, 45 days is finished.
Just got this today:

Dear,

Please read the link below for your travel information.
You can stay 30 days without visa.
You can submit COE online at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th.
It is very important to read our website.

Kind regards,
Visa team
(visa.brs@mfa.mail.go.th)

Consular section
Royal Thai Embassy, Brussels 
Chaussée de waterloo 876,1000 Brussels

Thanks for the info, so a VisaExempt entry would not provide a 45-days permission to stay on entry anymore, but would be back to the previous 30-days. 

However, I would wait for confirmation of whether that's indeed the case by someone that actually entered Thailand VisaExempt after 30 September.  Regulations published on Thai Embassy websites are not always correct (the usual Thai sloppiness, ambiguity and inconsistency).

The reason I have some doubts that border Immigration wouldn't provide 45 days permission to stay anymore for VisaExempt entries is that those extra 15 days were provided to 'make up' for the loss of holiday days as a result of the mandatory quarantaine period.  So I am awaiting actual experience of those entering VisaExempt to confirm that shortening of the permission to stay.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:58 PM, Marc26 said:

My point would be why would you ever choose to live in a place that you think that way about?

Must be a pretty negative and shitty way to live

Come on Bob, embrace positivity! You can do it!!

Youre right as im sure im the ONLY one thais see as an 'opportunity" and walking ATM

All of the thread on the internet are fake news!...I also carry the torch of being the only Hansum man in LOS

Thank you so much for you concern of my mental state and well being, move over Mother Theresa!

Bob is not here are the moment, would you like to leave a message?......

Best wishes on your new gig as Internet Life Coach--how long does you promo offer last?