Collapse of China

Stardust

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I also read elswhere that the Chinese also pay English speaking idiots to join forums 

It's the last bastion of someone losing the thread in a reasonable discussion concerning China, don't worry about it.

Even that's been disproved in a Harvard study. They found that most of the daily postings were local Government announcements/information.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Are you being paid by the Chinese Government ?

I read that the Chinese Government pays thousands of people to go online and speak favorable of China on English speaking forums 

Where do I sign up --the rest of you that don't ignore me already can do so after I start.

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

It's the last bastion of someone losing the thread in a reasonable discussion concerning China, don't worry about it.

Even that's been disproved in a Harvard study. They found that most of the daily postings were local Government announcements/information.

Are you being paid to post on forums by the Chinese Government ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I guess if @Poolie told you the answer to that, and he was, he would have to kill you given some of your other posts 😂

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

Oh, so you are looking for a rabbit hole... Search on "nine dash line".

Enjoyable read thanks

9,10,11 dashes back to nine, seems they are unsure themselves. 

A 2012 Chinese eighth-grade geography textbook includes a map of China with the nine-dash line and the text "The southernmost point of our country's territory is Zengmu Ansha (James Shoal) in the Nansha Islands." Shan Zhiqiang, the executive chief editor of the Chinese National Geography magazine, wrote in 2013: "The nine-dashed line ... is now deeply engraved in the hearts and minds of the Chinese people."[47]

If taught in school it must be right in the minds of the Chinese.

In October 2008, the website WikiLeaks published a cable from the US Embassy in Beijing reporting that Yin Wenqiang, a senior Chinese government maritime law expert, had "admitted" he was unaware of the historical basis for the nine dashes.[48] 

Maybe they changed the curriculm

Edited by palooka
spelling error
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No. I'm not.

No-one is. Another western myth.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Are you being paid by the Chinese Government ?

I read that the Chinese Government pays thousands of people to go online and speak favorable of China on English speaking forums 

But other nations would never do the same, right?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

How do you know that its a "myth" ?

Prove it isn't. It's your allegation after all.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Prove it isn't. It's your allegation after all.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

You categorially stated that China doesn't pay people to post on forums .

You cannot possibly know whether they do or not ,  the only logical thing is that you are told to deny any payment . 

• Like 4

The issue in "debate" is purportedly "potential" Collapse of China. It seems there is a mistaken interpretation of opinion that has devolved into assumptions of some expressed opinions as to that potential are based purely on allegiance to one side or other. The greater reality is that counter propaganda on issues of debate does not necessarily denote any such allegiance at all !

The impact of any economic collapse of China would have a negative global impact that could precipitate an opportunist war which would further have much greater negative global impact. Temporary satisfaction to some  methinks. Only a boon to warmongers!

46 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You categorially stated that China doesn't pay people to post on forums .

You cannot possibly know whether they do or not ,  the only logical thing is that you are told to deny any payment . 

Nonsense.

Why should China care what you say? I think you over-rate your importance.

It was not me who found that people aren't paid for posting on the internet. Have you forgotten that already?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nonsense.

Why should China care what you say? I think you over-rate your importance.

It was not me who found that people aren't paid for posting on the internet. Have you forgotten that already?

Those the the laws of China , they can arrest anyone who is critical of China , so much so that Hong Kong students in the U.K have been told not to give their opinions about China/Hong Kong for fear oof being arrested once they are back in H.K .

You categorially stated that China doesnt pay people to post on forums, where did you get that info from ?

How could you possibly know whether they do or not ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Those the the laws of China , they can arrest anyone who is critical of China , so much so that Hong Kong students in the U.K have been told not to give their opinions about China/Hong Kong for fear oof being arrested once they are back in H.K .

You categorially stated that China doesnt pay people to post on forums, where did you get that info from ?

How could you possibly know whether they do or not ?

Straight back atcha!

Now I'm going for some acupuncture, have a pleasant afternoon.

Looks like the Government has also asked for the State Backed firms to bail out Evergrande who has missed huge bond repayment deadlines.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Fester said:

Holding US bonds may be of alternate value to some.

Holding a bond whose interest rate is less than the rate of inflation is guaranteeing a loss.  I have not purchased a bond in years.  You have the risk of interest rates going up in which case the resale value of the bond goes down.  And, for that risk you are paid an interest rate that does not cover the rate of inflation.  That is just plain foolish.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Holding a bond whose interest rate is less than the rate of inflation is guaranteeing a loss.  I have not purchased a bond in years.  You have the risk of interest rates going up in which case the resale value of the bond goes down.  And, for that risk you are paid an interest rate that does not cover the rate of inflation.  That is just plain foolish.  

I know - but I said alternate value.

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

Tofu construction style in China. No quality and very dangereous

How dare you sir. Thats simply western propaganda. In China even an outside toilet is built to last a thousand years. Garden sheds can double up as shelters should there be some form of nuclear war or indeed alien invasion.

No building has ever collapsed in China due to cheap steel or concrete. At all. Ever.

Buildings in China are so magnificent they actually help stabilize the entire planet. 

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How dare you sir. Thats simply western propaganda. In China even an outside toilet is built to last a thousand years. Garden sheds can double up as shelters should there be some form of nuclear war or indeed alien invasion.

No building has ever collapsed in China due to cheap steel or concrete. At all. Ever.

Buildings in China are so magnificent they actually help stabilize the entire planet. 

Perhaps they should have built this one then?

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Very droll ! The reality is in terms of poor quality products pumped out of not only China is that they are produced to the specifications of the order contract in the case of many many consumer products as a result of the greed of importers and associate retailers.

That has created the myth of everything Chinese  made is rubbish. If that is so why have  components for military US aircraft been sourced  from China?

There now exists a repeat of the US led bias that was dominant in the 1950's that by political agenda was reversed in later decades that due to historical acumen of Chinese sense took best advantage of that now invites belated attempts of/at suppression while denying the corporate greed of the West that initiated the opportunity.

The response to the Chinese success in outcome has been attempts of military intimidation in opposition to economic infiltration of global economies that were previously ignored  or suppressed by "leading" nations.

In recognition of the reality that as a rising economic contender China has rapidly developed a military defense capacity that despite propagandist claims from either side is debatable as to superiority.

Personally I am currently unable to conclude as to the merit of any political philosophy due to biased current pervasive ideology and the blatancy of the lies  or ambiguity it presents .

• Haha 1