Collapse of China

Stardust

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Very true - but Elon has no choice really, because the dictatorship will not allow him to sell into China (and not support sales other countries in the Region) unless he agrees to make the cars in China - otherwise massive import taxes are applied. Dont get me started how the CCP has manipulated things as a 'third world country' to gain exemptions and allowances for doing things that would have any 'first world' country in front of the WTA with the threat of expulsion. And their exemptions gained from climate change actions are just plain evil.

It has been my opinion for a long time that if China is allowed to succeed, they will cause everyone else they touch to fail. Just look at Thailand for one example - if you dont think the Chinese came into Thailand after WW2 and took over business, military and government, then you are ignorant. It is what they do and have been doing for thousands of years - they slowly slowly take over - how do people think they got so big and stayed so big??

The Han Dynasty (200 AD) was basically China today, and it was as big as they are now, way back when the Roman Empire was at its peak.  Becausae of economic stagnation and what was happening in USSR, the CCP saw the natural advantages that the Chinese people had, and they have become the world's first Empire that has grown massively, without conquering any other's lands. They long ago realised the downsides of land conquests - the CCP are now 'conquering' through Trade and Finance all built on Economic Growth provided/supported by the fools in the West. We are such fools and we had such a fear of war (after WW2 and Vietnam and Korea and Iraq and Afghanistan etc etc etc), that we allowed the CCP to actually make their own lands in the oceans and then claim all the surrounding oceans as part of their country. 

Over 30 years ago I was one of the very few arguing against allowing China inside the 'chicken house', and most of what I predicted has happened - and we are still giving them 'incentives'. I truly hope and desire that they have a massive catastrophic economic collapse and end up breaking apart like USSR. I do fear that they will do what Japan did when that happened to them in 1930s/40s, but unlike so many people who are willing to give more and more to avoid that, I say bring it on and lets see who comes out on top.  

Yup China is like someone who invites you to a dinner then runs off with your wife.  China has long been stealing and copying Western technology with little consequence.  And they are also dumping subsidized product all over the world and will raise prices when their competitors are toast.  However, in many ways I don't blame the Chinese but rather the corrupt and weak Western politicians who let it happen and Wall Street who financed much of it.

• Like 3

First Mustang Mach-E built in China rolls off assembly line

2021-10-19 22:20:57 GMT2021-10-20 06:20:57(Beijing Time)

CHICAGO, Oct. 19 (Xinhua) -- The first Mustang Mach-E made in China for local consumers rolled off the assembly line Monday at Chang'an Ford's plant in Chongqing in southwest China.

Customers in China can now place orders for the Mustang Mach-E RWD, RWD Premium, RWD and GT First Edition. The China-built version will be available for delivery to customers in China, the world's largest auto maker and a leader in electric vehicle sales, by the end of this year, the Detroit News quoted Ford Motor Co. as saying on Monday.

Vehicle and battery system warranty, roadside assistance, new retail finance and replacement plans, and a referral bonus, will be available to customers in China who sign a purchase contract before the end of the year.

Ford announced earlier this year it would sell the Mach-E in China via a direct sales network of electric-vehicle stores. Ford is on track to open 25 stores in major metropolitan areas in China by the end of this year, and within five years, the network is slated to expand to more than 100 stores.

21 hours ago, PBS said:

Did you read the link I provided as an example of Chinese technology innovation? Can you prove the PRC electric car innovator, CRRC,  is in fact sourcing all it's components from Germany for electrical car manufacture, as I for one do not believe you. Reason...

Tesla, source batteries from PRC One example of battery supply from PRC company, there are others...

https://www.scmp.com/business/banking-finance/article/3139085/chinas-largest-battery-maker-catl-extends-agreement

I guess you're aware CRRC has also been active in the German market by way of acquisition in the locomotive market.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Transportation/Chinese-train-maker-CRRC-to-take-over-German-factory

IMO you are dismissing trends of technology development in PRC. PRC is now leading the US with IP Patents, alongside massive efforts to move from development to production. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-patents-idUSKCN2AU0TM

All tech is coming from buying german companies and then under their name doesn't mean it is innovative or in any way developed by any Chines engineer or developper. Sure they also bought engeneering companies in Germany I noticed that but you will not find one chinese engineer sitting inside there. Sure the empty heads believe to buy in is anything inovative from China. As I mentioned already I worked at tha fields and for a big German company and you really expect in Germany they are not aware who bought what and any development in technical fields. It is their job to know and every engineer is aware about the level and standards of the chinese engineers and is way way way behind of any german standard. And someone who want to deny that is someone who have zero knowledge about standards or tech in anyway. Guess why the chinese want to send their students to study in a german university and not a chines university or just compare the level of a german university for engineering to a chinese one. If I read your comments it shows me you never saw a university in Germany or in another western (USA,Australia etc) country from inside and a Chinese University otherwise you would understand the difference and why the Chinese wanna go there. Believing is not the same as knowing. And this they will tell you in Australia or USA the same as Universities from Europe. And as you showed me too you have no knowledge about CRRC, too or any techtransfer or components supply. But it would go too long to explain any details but everything was developoed 100% in germany just changed the name same like the transrapid they bought what is operating now in Shanghai and not even one screw was from China! Buying in and then under a chinese name doesn't change the fact it was not anything innovative from China or in any way developped from China. Like Trans rapid it was ZERO developpment from China! 

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

All tech is coming from buying german companies and then under their name doesn't mean it is innovative or in any way developed by any Chines engineer or developper. Sure they also bought engeneering companies in Germany I noticed that but you will not find one chinese engineer sitting inside there. Sure the empty heads believe to buy in is anything inovative from China. As I mentioned already I worked at tha fields and for a big German company and you really expect in Germany they are not aware who bought what and any development in technical fields. It is their job to know and every engineer is aware about the level and standards of the chinese engineers and is way way way behind of any german standard. And someone who want to deny that is someone who have zero knowledge about standards or tech in anyway. Guess why the chinese want to send their students to study in a german university and not a chines university or just compare the level of a german university for engineering to a chinese one. If I read your comments it shows me you never saw a university in Germany or in another western (USA,Australia etc) country from inside and a Chinese University otherwise you would understand the difference and why the Chinese wanna go there. Believing is not the same as knowing. And this they will tell you in Australia or USA the same as Universities from Europe. And as you showed me too you have no knowledge about CRRC, too or any techtransfer or components supply. But it would go too long to explain any details but everything was developoed 100% in germany just changed the name same like the transrapid they bought what is operating now in Shanghai and not even one screw was from China! Buying in and then under a chinese name doesn't change the fact it was not anything innovative from China or in any way developped from China. Like Trans rapid it was ZERO developpment from China! 

It is a kind of a waste of time to discuss with people who really have not any backround of knowledge about tech and who developed what. They give you some chinese company names and even doesn't that not ecen one screw was developed from the fastest trains in China was developed from China, they simply bought it and they wanna tell you because it is operating on a chinese name it is a chinese development. It makes no more sense to make a discussion with such people if they even ignore there is nothing developed for ecample the fastest train in China on the Shanghai Hangzhou railway! I am really done with that now!

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It is a kind of a waste of time to discuss with people who really have not any backround of knowledge about tech and who developed what. They give you some chinese company names and even doesn't that not ecen one screw was developed from the fastest trains in China was developed from China, they simply bought it and they wanna tell you because it is operating on a chinese name it is a chinese development. It makes no more sense to make a discussion with such people if they even ignore there is nothing developed for ecample the fastest train in China on the Shanghai Hangzhou railway! I am really done with that now!

FYI I have worked for major MNCs in high tech such as IBM (sales) and occasionally required to liaise with IBM R&D labs to present technology roadmap briefings to major client executives.

Again you're talking to what happened in the past. For reasons only known to yourself you refuse to acknowledge technology innovations occurring right now within PRC R&D and bringing to market as proven in the auto industry, defence, rail, processors and so on (links provided).

Agree, no need for further communication.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PBS said:

Did you read the link I provided as an example of Chinese technology innovation? Can you prove the PRC electric car innovator, CRRC,  is in fact sourcing all it's components from Germany for electrical car manufacture, as I for one do not believe you. Reason...

Tesla, source batteries from PRC One example of battery supply from PRC company, there are others...

https://www.scmp.com/business/banking-finance/article/3139085/chinas-largest-battery-maker-catl-extends-agreement

I guess you're aware CRRC has also been active in the German market by way of acquisition in the locomotive market.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Transportation/Chinese-train-maker-CRRC-to-take-over-German-factory

IMO you are dismissing trends of technology development in PRC. PRC is now leading the US with IP Patents, alongside massive efforts to move from development to production. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-patents-idUSKCN2AU0TM

Sorry but if someone doesn't know anything about the difference between develop tech and techtransfer or buying it makes no sense for a discussion. There is zero developped from China in their fast or fastest trains! You think because they bought tech and operates under a Chinese name it is developped by them. And someone who tells me that the fastest trains is something from China developped because it is a chinese company name shows me the ground of the knowledge. As I personally know who developped it and by the way it was in the last century makes me tired. Do you know the difference between knowing and believing. There was not even one screw developped from China for their fast trains they simply bought it!. These companies for example like Siemens they live from developping and then selling tech! These are comercial companies! So if there was no use in Germany because of another infrastructure they sell it to the one who jave a use for it and pay the price they want! So it happened with the fast train tech! Same way with other tech Chinese bought or bought them in!. But somebody who denies or have no knowledge about the difference in standards of developping tech or engineering between for example Germany and China is talking abot fields who he has zero knowledge then or any knowledge about companies who developed what, selling what or operating in China or export tech to China. And now to go through all this fields would need a lot of time to write about!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PBS said:

FYI I have worked for major MNCs in high tech such as IBM (sales) and occasionally required to liaise with IBM R&D labs to present technology roadmap briefings to major client executives.

Again you're talking to what happened in the past. For reasons only known to yourself you refuse to acknowledge technology innovations occurring right now within PRC R&D and bringing to market as proven in the auto industry, defence, rail, processors and so on (links provided).

Agree, no need for further communication.

Automotive sector was any tech transfered or in cooperations because of the Chinese regulators for example with Mercedes and Volkswagen! There is zero developped anything in a Chinese produce in the automotive/car productions! Anybody from the automotive industry or is involved in that know that!

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Automotive sector was any tech transfered or in cooperations because of the Chinese regulators for example with Mercedes and Volkswagen! There is zero developped anything in a Chinese produce in the automotive/car productions! Anybody from the automotive industry or is involved in that know that!

We could start with Gottlieb Daimler whos invention was the first car in the world born in Schorndorf, Germany and give his first car the name Mercedes because it was the name of his daughter til today and you would not find any chinese invention in the automotive industry from Germany or worldwide. In this chains you could mention Henry Ford he invented the mass productions of cars. Do you ever been in Stuttgart (Mercedes, Porsche) and all the surrounding towns or region with all these automotive suppliers, developpers? I guess not. And why IBM gave up their big branches there in Stuttgart?! I am talking also about software developper and hardware in that region! If you know a little bit about the automotive industry then you would know, it would not enough space to mention all that companies from their and about developping automotuve inclusive all the machine builders for the car production. And now guess who build up the automotive productions in China or ask anybody in Germany if there is anything invented from China! Ok enough said.

28 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Stardust, I agree with a lot of what you wrote, except for zero developed part. There are now exceptions. One of them is XPENG. 

https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/23/top-highlights-from-xpengs-2021-tech-day/

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/xiaopeng-motors  - "Xpeng is equipped with experts from top companies in the field such as Tesla, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Ford, Mazda, GAC Motor, Alibaba Group, Tencent, Huawei, P&G and Mi, and more."

Not surprising is that they have an office in Silicon Valley, CA, USA. If you look at how American tech companies have dominated, they were always able to lure and hire the smartest people from anywhere. XPENG is doing the same.

I started following the company about 9 months ago. Li, Nio and Xpeng are the big 3 in EV in China. Nio gets a lot of publicity but I think it's a lot of hype. Li is only doing hybrids currently which makes sense with the very limited amount of charging stations. Xpeng went the low price route originally, but is upscaling and has the superior tech. Their autonomous software is rated as the best currently available. I own 1,000 shares. Almost also bought Li but decided I didn't want to risk too much on Chinese stocks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stardust said:

We could start with Gottlieb Daimler whos invention was the first car in the world born in Schorndorf, Germany and give his first car the name Mercedes because it was the name of his daughter til today and you would not find any chinese invention in the automotive industry from Germany or worldwide. In this chains you could mention Henry Ford he invented the mass productions of cars. Do you ever been in Stuttgart (Mercedes, Porsche) and all the surrounding towns or region with all these automotive suppliers, developpers? I guess not. And why IBM gave up their big branches there in Stuttgart?! I am talking also about software developper and hardware in that region! If you know a little bit about the automotive industry then you would know, it would not enough space to mention all that companies from their and about developping automotuve inclusive all the machine builders for the car production. And now guess who build up the automotive productions in China or ask anybody in Germany if there is anything invented from China! Ok enough said.

Just mention Mahle, Bosch, Schuler, Eberspaecher, etc, etc. If you have any knowledge about automotive and developing or inventions til today there was nothing by chinese!

39 minutes ago, JerseyBKK said:

Stardust, I agree with a lot of what you wrote, except for zero developed part. There are now exceptions. One of them is XPENG. 

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/xiaopeng-motors  - "Xpeng is equipped with experts from top companies in the field such as Tesla, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Ford, Mazda, GAC Motor, Alibaba Group, Tencent, Huawei, P&G and Mi, and more."

Not surprising is that they have an office in Silicon Valley, CA, USA. If you look at how American tech companies have dominated, they were always able to lure and hire the smartest people from anywhere. XPENG is doing the same.

I started following the company about 9 months ago. Li, Nio and Xpeng are the big 3 in EV in China. Nio gets a lot of publicity but I think it's a lot of hype. Li is only doing hybrids currently which makes sense with the very limited amount of charging stations. Xpeng went the low price route originally, but is upscaling and has the superior tech. Their autonomous software is rated as the best currently available. I own 1,000 shares. Almost also bought Li but decided I didn't want to risk too much on Chinese stocks.

I agree on that because also on the fact they hire capable experts. But as you can read in some comments how inovative China is or even more inovative advanced than companies in western countries on such things nobody can agree on the ground of the facts and reality.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JerseyBKK said:

Yes quite dangereous and risky the chinese stocks as we could see on the crackdowns on Chinese tech companies. They can change laws on a daily base and no transparency.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Sorry but if someone doesn't know anything about the difference between develop tech and tech transfer or buying it makes no sense for a discussion.

Regrettable you're making arrogant false assumptions.

Just to remind you the OP is in reference to the future of PRC, not the past. Accordingly, you're posting the same narrative i.e. a broken record concerning past practices. Not trying to claim some practices from the past do not occur today - all nations use the State to steal IP or by other means. However, as per the OP, looking to the future, PRC is now  the leading patent developer in the world - for which I posted a link -  as I have done to support all my posts, can't imagine PRC outsourcing manufacture to the West as a growth strategy!

I think it is fair to say the future for the economy and the peoples of PRC will become clear once we see how the country handles the transition of the passing of Xi. Naturally China has enormous potential, though how they track will not be known to me as I'll be be transitioned to dust.

Last post on this matter.

Edited by PBS

3 hours ago, PBS said:

Regrettable you're making arrogant false assumptions.

Just to remind you the OP is in reference to the future of PRC, not the past. Accordingly, you're posting the same narrative i.e. a broken record concerning past practices. Not trying to claim some practices from the past do not occur today - all nations use the State to steal IP or by other means. However, as per the OP, looking to the future, PRC is now  the leading patent developer in the world - for which I posted a link -  as I have done to support all my posts, can't imagine PRC outsourcing manufacture to the West as a growth strategy!

I think it is fair to say the future for the economy and the peoples of PRC will become clear once we see how the country handles the transition of the passing of Xi. Naturally China has enormous potential, though how they track will not be known to me as I'll be be transitioned to dust.

Last post on this matter.

•  

Just to remind you the OP is "Collapse of China". Now it looks like that already began some time ago, so the past is entirely relevant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fester said:

•  

Just to remind you the OP is "Collapse of China". Now it looks like that already began some time ago, so the past is entirely relevant.

Disagree. two sides to a coin. If China can leverage off it's positives, eventual passing of Xi, as happened after Mao, China could be transformed. A huge amount of political noise being created in some Western countries, together with current internal challenges within China, doesn't necessarily translate to the collapse of China. If China 'collapsed' it would create a huge amount of grief for the West, economically and otherwise. IMO, the 'collapse' of China is not an event to be wished for.

Edited by PBS
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, PBS said:

Disagree. two sides to a coin. If China can leverage off it's positives, eventual passing of Xi, as happened after Mao, China could be transformed. A huge amount of political noise being created in some Western countries, together with current internal challenges within China, doesn't necessarily translate to the collapse of China. If China 'collapsed' it would create a huge amount of grief for the West, economically and otherwise. IMO, the 'collapse' of China is not an event to be wished for.

Disagree away. Coulds, ifs, wishes and noise don't matter individually.

In the last few years China's actions have resulted in some disapproving negativity towards it from much of the rest of the world and the effect of that negativity is bad for China's business.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fester said:

Disagree away. Coulds, ifs, wishes and noise don't matter individually.

In the last few years China's actions have resulted in some disapproving negativity towards it from much of the rest of the world and the effect of that negativity is bad for China's business.

AmCham Shanghai Releases 2021 China Business Report

Share On:

AmCham Shanghai today released its annual China Business Report at the PwC Innovation Center, where over 130 members and their guests listened to Jeff Yuan, a PwC partner, introduce the report’s primary findings. Yuan then hosted a panel discussion with four company heads: Colin Block, managing Director of EVAPCO; Anna Pawlak-Kuliga, CEO of Ikea China; Chris Reitermann, Chief Executive of Ogilvy Group Asia; and Tom Tan, President of BorgWarner China. 

https://www.amcham-shanghai.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/IMG_4900.JPG Jeff Yuan

Panelists discussed recent challenges and opportunities in the China market and the need to adapt and localize to remain competitive. As local firms continue to grow, Tan noted that multinationals can learn from their Chinese competitors about how to be agile in the market, while still maintaining the superior product quality that many companies pride themselves on.

https://www.amcham-shanghai.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/IMG_5009.JPG Panelists

“Local competition is not a surprise. Everybody has to wake up to the reality that there is competition on both sides and it’s something we have to deal with,” said Reitermann.

As border closures and supply chain bottlenecks continue amid the global pandemic, Block said many firms are still dealing with increased logistics costs. In response, more firms are choosing to further localize their supply chains within China.

The panelists offered their thoughts on how firms should approach a China strategy, including to act with a local mindset. They also noted the importance of global headquarters’ trusting their China teams to understand the local market and execute company strategy.

https://www.amcham-shanghai.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/IMG_4947.JPG

This year’s report was based on the responses of 338 AmCham members to a survey conducted from mid-June to mid-July. Several industries were represented in the report, including automotive, education, logistics, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, non-consumer electronics and retailers.

Results from the survey showed that despite US-China tensions and increasing competition from local players, many American companies continue to see the growth potential of the China market and to expand their operations here. Report highlights included:

1. A five-year optimism rebound: 77.9% of companies described themselves as either optimistic or slightly optimistic about the five-year business outlook, a return to the figures observed from 2015-2018.
  2. 2020 profits were surprisingly strong: 77.1% of respondents reported profits in 2020, in line with the past several years, but higher than many expected.
  3. More than 82.2% of companies projected higher revenues in 2021 than in 2020, a return to revenue growth levels last seen before the worst days of the US-China trade war.
  4. In 2021, the majority of companies (59.5%) reported increased investment compared to 2020, up 30.9 percentage points, and near 2018’s 62%.
  5. Of manufacturers producing in China, 72% had no plans to move any production out of China in the next three years. Of the remaining 28% that plan to move any production, only two companies (1.6%) will move all production in the next three years. No companies were relocating their production from China to the US.
  6. Retaining local talent is getting harder as local companies offer more appeal: 54.9% of respondents said that near-term and potential compensation at local firms was luring away Chinese talent, while 59.6% agreed that Chinese workers were opting for local firms to seek better “personal career advancement.” 26.3% of companies said that US-China tensions were negatively impacting their ability to attract or retain local staff.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PBS said:

A evil and gangster regime like the Xi China will collapse of themself because they trouble all around the world. Their scams and fakes also will not last long and their bubbles will bursting.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Poolie said:

AmCham Shanghai Releases 2021 China Business Report

Share On:

AmCham Shanghai today released its annual China Business Report at the PwC Innovation Center, where over 130 members and their guests listened to Jeff Yuan, a PwC partner, introduce the report’s primary findings. Yuan then hosted a panel discussion with four company heads: Colin Block, managing Director of EVAPCO; Anna Pawlak-Kuliga, CEO of Ikea China; Chris Reitermann, Chief Executive of Ogilvy Group Asia; and Tom Tan, President of BorgWarner China. 

https://www.amcham-shanghai.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/IMG_4900.JPG Jeff Yuan

Panelists discussed recent challenges and opportunities in the China market and the need to adapt and localize to remain competitive. As local firms continue to grow, Tan noted that multinationals can learn from their Chinese competitors about how to be agile in the market, while still maintaining the superior product quality that many companies pride themselves on.

https://www.amcham-shanghai.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/IMG_5009.JPG Panelists

“Local competition is not a surprise. Everybody has to wake up to the reality that there is competition on both sides and it’s something we have to deal with,” said Reitermann.

As border closures and supply chain bottlenecks continue amid the global pandemic, Block said many firms are still dealing with increased logistics costs. In response, more firms are choosing to further localize their supply chains within China.

The panelists offered their thoughts on how firms should approach a China strategy, including to act with a local mindset. They also noted the importance of global headquarters’ trusting their China teams to understand the local market and execute company strategy.

https://www.amcham-shanghai.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/IMG_4947.JPG

This year’s report was based on the responses of 338 AmCham members to a survey conducted from mid-June to mid-July. Several industries were represented in the report, including automotive, education, logistics, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, non-consumer electronics and retailers.

Results from the survey showed that despite US-China tensions and increasing competition from local players, many American companies continue to see the growth potential of the China market and to expand their operations here. Report highlights included:

1. A five-year optimism rebound: 77.9% of companies described themselves as either optimistic or slightly optimistic about the five-year business outlook, a return to the figures observed from 2015-2018.
  2. 2020 profits were surprisingly strong: 77.1% of respondents reported profits in 2020, in line with the past several years, but higher than many expected.
  3. More than 82.2% of companies projected higher revenues in 2021 than in 2020, a return to revenue growth levels last seen before the worst days of the US-China trade war.
  4. In 2021, the majority of companies (59.5%) reported increased investment compared to 2020, up 30.9 percentage points, and near 2018’s 62%.
  5. Of manufacturers producing in China, 72% had no plans to move any production out of China in the next three years. Of the remaining 28% that plan to move any production, only two companies (1.6%) will move all production in the next three years. No companies were relocating their production from China to the US.
  6. Retaining local talent is getting harder as local companies offer more appeal: 54.9% of respondents said that near-term and potential compensation at local firms was luring away Chinese talent, while 59.6% agreed that Chinese workers were opting for local firms to seek better “personal career advancement.” 26.3% of companies said that US-China tensions were negatively impacting their ability to attract or retain local staff.

Propaganda and reality is not the same thats why China has the great firewall and all is censored, no access to the truth only to Chinese Propaganda which is all based on lies. But the little pinks thinks the whole world doesnt know the difference or is brainwashed like them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Propaganda and reality is not the same thats why China has the great firewall and all is censored, no access to the truth only to Chinese Propaganda which is all based on lies. But the little pinks thinks the whole world doesnt know the difference or is brainwashed like them. 

Its the American chamber of Commerce report.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stardust said:

A evil and gangster regime like the Xi China will collapse of themself because they trouble all around the world. Their scams and fakes also will not last long and their bubbles will bursting.

As with other dictatorships, West has a great deal of interdependency - personally I do not believe PRC will be 'permitted' to collapse in free fall - too much chaos. 

2 minutes ago, palooka said:

Third of Chinese developers could face debt problems as Evergrande contagion grows – report (msn.com)

Evergrande must come up with money today as more developers in China get into hard times.

$5 trillion is a heck of a lot of money for one industry to owe, even for China.

Oh I don't know they have way further to go to owe as much as some in the US

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/11/charting-america-united-states-debt/