Collapse of China

Stardust

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Pointless, if someone who professes to know all the news about China has never heard of Meng Wanzhou.

We are actually talking about something else , something you seem to want to avoid acknowledging , we were talking about the possibility of myself getting arrested if I ever set foot on Chinese land and getting jailed for life for criticizing China 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

You could be correct.  Consider what good does it do them to invest money at rates that after inflation yields them a negative return.  Also money invested in U.S. treasuries is nothing more than an IOU from the U.S. government.  Investing in the U.S. stock market or in something tangible like real estate would provide them not only with a better return but a hedge against inflation and an asset the rises in value when the U.S. dollar sinks in purchasing power. 

I'm sure that they hold a very diverse portfolio already.

42 minutes ago, Fluke said:

We are actually talking about something else , something you seem to want to avoid acknowledging , we were talking about the possibility of myself getting arrested if I ever set foot on Chinese land and getting jailed for life for criticizing China 

Then don't. Up to you. Like no-one in China ever criticises. Have you read Weibo, WeChat, etc?

Obviously not. How many protests a day in China?

I will grant, there's a slight possibility, the same as anywhere else. Edward Snowdon style.

32 minutes ago, Fester said:

I'm sure that they hold a very diverse portfolio already.

I would think they do also.  It still does not justify holding on to any asset that does not provide an adequate return.  A 10 year treasury has a current yield of 1.61%.  It is estimated that the inflation rate in the USA for 2021 will be above 4%.   So that would mean a loss of 2.39%.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

I would think they do also.  It still does not justify holding on to any asset that does not provide an adequate return.  A 10 year treasury has a current yield of 1.61%.  It is estimated that the inflation rate in the USA for 2021 will be above 4%.   So that would mean a loss of 2.39%.  

Holding US bonds may be of alternate value to some.

It looks like the reported US inflation numbers this year are an even bigger joke than usual.  

5 minutes ago, Fester said:

It looks like the reported US inflation numbers this year are an even bigger joke than usual.  

Don't forget the debt ceiling raise went up to 80% too. Serious problems for the Yanks.

Still, they enjoy democracy, that's important. 😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fluke said:

Although Hong Kong is a separate jurisdiction and isn't governed by Chinese law and still has a certain amount of independence and the population oppose Chinese rule and they would side with the Allies when there's a war 

Territorially it is Chinese and any foreign military action utilizing Hong Kong would likely have a very unfortunate outcome for it's residents. Same for Taiwan. The geo-political game ending in military action would see it leveled.

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Indeed India is also struggling with coal reserves. But ironically its because of China. China started its trade war with Australia because it was asking questions about where the covid virus had come from. This meant China stopped importing coal from Aus.

Australia started selling more coal to India. Sure as eggs are eggs India then started reselling that coal to China 😁

Australia figured this out and slowed supply to India in order to stop this. Now India is running short and stopped selling to China who have even smaller stockpiles of coal.

Hence the power outages.

Truth or allegation? India was advantaged in price for Australian coal but it bought it at least initially From China that refused it at ports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, palooka said:

I always thought it to be the South of China Sea, which geographically it is.

https://www.britannica.com/place/South-China-Sea

South China Sea, Chinese Nan Hai, arm of the western Pacific Ocean that borders the Southeast Asian mainland. It is bounded on the northeast by the Taiwan Strait (by which it is connected to the East China Sea); on the east by Taiwan and the Philippines; on the southeast and south by Borneo, the southern limit of the Gulf of Thailand, and the east coast of the Malay Peninsula; and on the west and north by the Asian mainland. The South China Sea and the East China Sea together form the China Sea. The southern boundary of the South China Sea is a rise in the seabed between Sumatra and Borneo, and the northern boundary stretches from the northernmost point of Taiwan to the coast of Fujian province, China, in the Taiwan Strait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Yes they should invest in China ghost towns and the good quality of their constructions 😅🤣🤣🤣😅

Yes China stands for human rights, good quality, always be fair and clean air. It seams these Xi fanatics thinks the whole world is complete mad to believe their garbage and rubbish and all their stupid propaganda?!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Convert54 said:

Truth or allegation? India was advantaged in price for Australian coal but it bought it at least initially From China that refused it at ports.

You need to figure that out for yourself. I can provide links but all the Chinese apologists on here immediately dismiss them as western propaganda. 

I am sure that is a massive comfort to all those living in China right now with no electricity.

Still they can take comfort in the fact they are really socking it to those pesky Aussies who dared to ask questions about where the virus originated from.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fester said:

And you believe the figures for China?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Convert54 said:

Territorially it is Chinese and any foreign military action utilizing Hong Kong would likely have a very unfortunate outcome for it's residents. Same for Taiwan. The geo-political game ending in military action would see it leveled.

And the Western World , and add Japan and Chinas neighboring Countries would have something to say about that , although China would have full support from North Korea

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

Don't forget the debt ceiling raise went up to 80% too. Serious problems for the Yanks.

Oh yeah. Democracy. I remember. 😉

I'm a tad mao 2nite but is this page actually free of references to Trump?  🤣

Edited by Fester
added something I was not supposed to.
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fester said:

Yep , nice to have a thread without anyone mentioning Donald , lets hope that it continues 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

Yep , nice to have a thread without anyone mentioning Donald , lets hope that it continues 

But you just did 😂

6 hours ago, Fester said:

And now its not, thanks for bringing in a true Debbie downer issue...

14 hours ago, palooka said:

14 hours ago, palooka said:

Exactly.  So let's suggest the United Nations pass a m,oratorium renaming it the Northern Antarctic Sea.

7 hours ago, Fluke said:

And the Western World , and add Japan and Chinas neighboring Countries would have something to say about that , although China would have full support from North Korea

My meaning is that in the process of "having something to say" Hong Kong and Taiwan would  be victims .

The usual bs "saving them " outcome!

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://www.britannica.com/place/South-China-Sea

South China Sea, Chinese Nan Hai, arm of the western Pacific Ocean that borders the Southeast Asian mainland. It is bounded on the northeast by the Taiwan Strait (by which it is connected to the East China Sea); on the east by Taiwan and the Philippines; on the southeast and south by Borneo, the southern limit of the Gulf of Thailand, and the east coast of the Malay Peninsula; and on the west and north by the Asian mainland. The South China Sea and the East China Sea together form the China Sea. The southern boundary of the South China Sea is a rise in the seabed between Sumatra and Borneo, and the northern boundary stretches from the northernmost point of Taiwan to the coast of Fujian province, China, in the Taiwan Strait.

So Taiwan, Phillipines, Borneo, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia has as much right to claim it as China.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, palooka said:

So Taiwan, Phillipines, Borneo, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia has as much right to claim it as China.

Oh, so you are looking for a rabbit hole... Search on "nine dash line".

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

Are you being paid by the Chinese Government ?

I read that the Chinese Government pays thousands of people to go online and speak favorable of China on English speaking forums 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Are you being paid by the Chinese Government ?

I read that the Chinese Government pays thousands of people to go online and speak favorable of China on English speaking forums 

I also read elswhere that the Chinese also pay English speaking idiots to join forums