Collapse of China

Stardust

On 10/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, longwood50 said:

Maybe, however you have a country with over 1 billion people making it potentially the most lucrative retail market in the world.  You have a country that unlike the USA, has been acquiring surplus each year and using it to purchase assets while the USA has racked up huge amounts of debt.  You have a country that rewards success, You do not have a large percentage of the population being parasites and living off government redistribution policies to get re-elected.  China may not have all the answers and may encounter some problems but compared to their major economic rival the USA, I would bet on them.  And, I am from the USA

I am with longwood50 on this one, and I am also from USA.  By the way, does anyone know what USA stands for?   UNITED SCAM ASSOCIATION

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

Obviously.

You don't feel the chance to expand on that?

Don't need to expand. 

All that is required is to wave the subliminal and deluded Anglo-American worldview flag - and all is right with the world.

We also need to factor in the power outages in China. Most factories (even in China) cant produce anything without electricity.

China will of course keep reporting ludicrous GDP growth but no-one, outside of China, now believes those figures.

Just now, Rookiescot said:

We also need to factor in the power outages in China. Most factories (even in China) cant produce anything without electricity.

China will of course keep reporting ludicrous GDP growth but no-one, outside of China, now believes those figures.

Yet the reported tonnages of offloaded  containers around the world containing Chinese products are almost back to pre-covid levels which would seem to put the veracity of your statement into  question.

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hate to state the obvious, but they're all western reports. with a western downview on China.

Case in point, it's now two weeks since Evergrande was going tits up, but it hasn't yet. Note the 'yet.'

The answer will be, 'ah, but they have a month to pay.' Yes they do, with interest mounting every day. What would you do? Pull the plug now or rely on providence? I've assumed the former since you're American.

So why haven't they?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I hate to state the obvious, but they're all western reports. with a western downview on China.

Case in point, it's now two weeks since Evergrande was going tits up, but it hasn't yet. Note the 'yet.'

The answer will be, 'ah, but they have a month to pay.' Yes they do, with interest mounting every day. What would you do? Pull the plug now or rely on providence? I've assumed the former since you're American.

So why haven't they?

You will never see any press come from out of China unfortunately.  They do have a block on anything that would be viewed as negative.  The same for N. Korea.  Have you ever seen any press releases or stories come from within China that had not been first approved by the Politburo.  When anything has been found the individual who authored it has been quick to be removed from society and corrective action taken.  Look at Jack Ma for example who disappeared for over 3 months.  Then look at all of the Hong Kong Politicians who have disappeared as well for being critical of China.  Then add in the Press folks who have been expelled who wrote for the western publications.  I rest my case with the fact that you will never see a negative story come from within China or even a story regarding finances.  Even Apples issues with China are denied and only reported by the western press.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/media-censorship-china

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yet the reported tonnages of offloaded  containers around the world containing Chinese products are almost back to pre-covid levels which would seem to put the veracity of your statement into  question.

Whoops! Guess the blind critics and haters missed this. 

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

How many container ships are sitting outside of the port of LA, long beach or even in China waiting for unloading and how many are from China.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many container ships are sitting outside of the port of LA, long beach or even in China waiting for unloading and how many are from China.

I don't know.

Do tell. I'm not following the macro-economics.

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Immaterial, it is the recorded tonnages of containers offloaded I was stating.  The backlog due to covid delays is still not cleared and it is anticipated by 1st Q 2022 based on current charters it will be equalised. Sorry facts are facts and although people may not like China or its products, their products are still in demand by very many people around the world and their production capacity has almost regained the losses due to covid. Because of covid and the downturn there  were millions of containers in the wrong place all around the world hence putting up freight costs significantly which so far appears not have dampened demand. The container ships laying idle in places had zero to do with Chinese production capacity , it was simply the fact the empty containers were not in place for shipping resulting from the covid disruption..

Now I would like all the Chinese disparagers out there to explain to me how this could have happened if Chinese factories were shut down due to power outages, Chinese simply telling lies or any thing else to support there unfounded beliefs

https://tradingeconomics.com/china/exports

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Immaterial, it is the recorded tonnages of containers offloaded I was stating.  The backlog due to covid delays is still not cleared and it is anticipated by 1st Q 2022 based on current charters it will be equalised. Sorry facts are facts and although people may not like China or its products, their products are still in demand by very many people around the world and their production capacity has almost regained the losses due to covid. Because of covid and the downturn there  were millions of containers in the wrong place all around the world hence putting up freight costs significantly which so far appears not have dampened demand. The container ships laying idle in places had zero to do with Chinese production capacity , it was simply the fact the empty containers were not in place for shipping resulting from the covid disruption..

Now I would like all the Chinese disparagers out there to explain to me how this could have happened if Chinese factories were shut down due to power outages, Chinese simply telling lies or any thing else to support there unfounded beliefs

I am not a Chinese disparager, I just write what I see and read.  As I said in a post above China does a very good job of stifling outgoing news.

• Like 1

Are you telling me that China does not stifle the news reported from within the country and people are not taken away under cover of darkness and held incognito for months on end?  I will just have to agree to disagree with you and the other few and move on.  Good night.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are you telling me that China does not stifle the news reported from within the country and people are not taken away under cover of darkness and held incognito for months on end?  I will just have to agree to disagree with you and the other few and move on.  Good night.

Romance. Too many Hollywood movies.

Good night.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rain said:

What is it with you people and China? 

For generations upon generations.

What goes around comes around.

The return of the Middle Kingdom. The Century of Humiliation will be avenged!!

Be afraid, be very afraid……Sleep well tonight 

1 hour ago, Hamosity said:

What goes around comes around.

The return of the Middle Kingdom. The Century of Humiliation will be avenged!!

Be afraid, be very afraid……Sleep well tonight 

Shhhh...

We'll keep that our little secret. 

😉

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am not a Chinese disparager, I just write what I see and read.  As I said in a post above China does a very good job of stifling outgoing news.

But the link I posted was an international publication, or do you really believe China controls the entire worlds media ?😆

12 hours ago, gummy said:

Almost back to pre covid levels?

So all that production which was being stockpiled when nothing was moving is finally getting offloaded but is still not at pre covid levels?

Are you actually claiming the power outages in China are not real? Or are you claiming Chinese factories can still make stuff without electricity?

Almost back to pre covid levels?

So all that production which was being stockpiled when nothing was moving is finally getting offloaded but is still not at pre covid levels?

Are you actually claiming the power outages in China are not real? Or are you claiming Chinese factories can still make stuff without electricity?

I am not fictitiously claiming anything like many of you are with your unsubstantiated rhetoric.  I was simply quoting facts from an international publication. However if you want to spread tin pot conspiracy theories then that is your choice.

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

I am not fictitiously claiming anything like many of you are with your unsubstantiated rhetoric.  I was simply quoting facts from an international publication. However if you want to spread tin pot conspiracy theories then that is your choice.

Well I can provide links showing the issue but of course you will dismiss them as just being western propaganda.

• Like 1

Well I can provide links showing the issue but of course you will dismiss them as just being western propaganda.

If you could have provided factual links you would already have done so.

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Exactly what has that got to do with the actual tonnages exported out of China which my post was all about ? I sad facts and non of that disproves that what I referenced regarding actual export tonnages from China is incorrect up to August just past. Stop the blathering and face facts that China is not on the verge of collapse as America and their sycophantic believers are wishing for.

Again the facts. Now go away and disprove that those tonnages are incorrect. If you can't then like many, your comments are worthless diatribe.