News Forum - Former cop accused of torture and murder involved in seizure of over 400 luxury cars

Thaiger

A man accused of murder and fired from his role as police chief in the northern province of Nakhon Sawan was involved in the confiscation of over 400 luxury cars. According to deputy national police chief, Suchart Thiraswasdi, disgraced former cop Thitisan Utthanaphol was involved in the seizure of 410 high-end vehicles that had been smuggled into Thailand from Malaysia and Singapore. A Thai PBS World report reveals that 270 of the cars were stolen abroad. Thitisan, whose penchant for luxury cars had earned him the nickname, “Joe Ferrari”, is in custody, accused of murder. It’s alleged he tortured and […]

The post Former cop accused of torture and murder involved in seizure of over 400 luxury cars appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What a scam. Reward reward reward. how many other things do they get rewarded on? Drugs? Loot?

And why were these stolen cars owners not able to be found? This is high high level corruption and needs to be traced to everyone involved and made one satang.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

What a scam. Reward reward reward. how many other things do they get rewarded on? Drugs? Loot?

And why were these stolen cars owners not able to be found? This is high high level corruption and needs to be traced to everyone involved and made one satang.

I guess the prisons aren't big enough to accommodate your wish...

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I guess the prisons aren't big enough to accommodate your wish...

If you make the actual police stations prisons then there is enough.

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If you make the actual police stations prisons then there is enough.

Where 99% of the RTP should be locked up along with the entire Thai administration who sponsor the RTP crime network

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

Where 99% of the RTP should be locked up along with the entire Thai administration who sponsor the RTP crime network

So what you are saying is turn the new Pa rlia ment building into the likes same as the Bangkok Hilton (but maybe releasing some true FFP members), then all the p o l i ce depts, and then gather up about 1700 + Ge n e r a l s, this would be an excellent start but probably not be even close to wiping the slate clean?

• Like 1

Prayuth and this administration are the do nothing people. Their sole purpose is to protect the elite, the super rich, corporations, the police, immigration, customs, and those currently in power. Nothing else matters to these dinosaurs. Will this guy be convicted? I doubt it. 

And Thailand will pay the price for this failed regime for years to come. Woe are the people of Thailand. 

These creeps justly deserve all the criticism, humiliation and shame that can be heaped upon them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

It's a well known scam.

The cars are stolen abroad, "found", then sold at auction fully legal, with full legal ownership, and with all taxes paid.

The scam's taken to another level by the same group that "finds" them removing a simple but expensive key component such as the engine management system before they're "found", so making sure that it's only worth a fraction of its value, buying the car at auction themselves, then replacing the part and legally selling the car on to a dealer for the full value.

If the police "find" them officially, as here, it's even more of a winner as they get 40% back as a reward for "finding" a car they brought in themselves.

With over 400 cars involved, and a profit / reward of tens of millions of baht on each car, it's impossible this wasn't noticed and known all the way up the chain.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

And why were these stolen cars owners not able to be found?

They're stolen abroad. Once in the country, "found" and sold on legally, the only recourse the original owners have is civil action to recover their car, which was almost certainly insured anyway so not worth pursuing. 

The only losers are you and me with our insurance premiums!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It's a well known scam.

The cars are stolen abroad, "found", then sold at auction fully legal, with full legal ownership, and with all taxes paid.

The scam's taken to another level by the same group that "finds" them removing a simple but expensive key component such as the engine management system before they're "found", so making sure that it's only worth a fraction of its value, buying the car at auction themselves, then replacing the part and legally selling the car on to a dealer for the full value.

If the police "find" them officially, as here, it's even more of a winner as they get 40% back as a reward for "finding" a car they brought in themselves.

With over 400 cars involved, and a profit / reward of tens of millions of baht on each car, it's impossible this wasn't noticed and known all the way up the chain.

They're stolen abroad. Once in the country, "found" and sold on legally, the only recourse the original owners have is civil action to recover their car, which was almost certainly insured anyway so not worth pursuing. 

Well other scam rewards are a given, but until this of Joe Ferrari working the rewards benefit payments and then buying theses vehicles at a huge discount from the auctions and then reselling them at moderately high-low price is not commonly known unless I have missed something all these years of living here.

Now shipping vehicles disassembled into parts, shipping them as incomplete parts over several different container shipments, and then putting them back together after they received all shipments is well known. There is a motorcycle rental place here in CM that has or had literally a hundred or so of all type of nice bikes, and one would figure rental of just one would take years and years and years to pay off unless something wasn't dodgy to begin with.

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

... (snip) is not commonly known unless I have missed something all these years of living here.

Sorry, but you've missed something!

It was widely reported maybe ten years ago, probably more, when some large warehouses with hundreds of such cars were found (and this time I mean found!) in Bangkok, I think after a fire at one warehouse.

The details of the scam were given a lot of publicity as it was obvious that police and customs were involved, but as far as I can recall no-one was charged or claimed ownership - and I can't recall any mention of a 40% reward, which would have doubled the profits being made.

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but you've missed something!

It was widely reported maybe ten years ago, probably more, when some large warehouses with hundreds of such cars were found (and this time I mean found!) in Bangkok, I think after a fire at one warehouse.

The details of the scam were given a lot of publicity as it was obvious that police and customs were involved, but as far as I can recall no-one was charged or claimed ownership - and I can't recall any mention of a 40% reward, which would have doubled the profits being made.

Yeah may have missed the police thing. Not the customs officers or parts scam though.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A man accused of murder and fired from his role as police chief in the northern province of Nakhon Sawan was involved in the confiscation of over 400 luxury cars. According to deputy national police chief, Suchart Thiraswasdi, disgraced former cop Thitisan Utthanaphol was involved in the seizure of 410 high-end vehicles that had been smuggled into Thailand from Malaysia and Singapore. A Thai PBS World report reveals that 270 of the cars were stolen abroad. Thitisan, whose penchant for luxury cars had earned him the nickname, “Joe Ferrari”, is in custody, accused of murder. It’s alleged he tortured and […]

The post Former cop accused of torture and murder involved in seizure of over 400 luxury cars appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It likely go all the way to the top. It is inconceivable that Joe was richer than his bosses. It is against organization hierarchy. He ran an international car thief gang gave safe passage for the cars in to Thailand and get his commission "legally" after auction. Every one knew about it, I mean after the 100th car there is no other explanation. During COVID the business dried up and to keep the life style go for extortion. 

17 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

There is a motorcycle rental place here in CM that has or had literally a hundred or so of all type of nice bikes, and one would figure rental of just one would take years and years and years to pay off unless something wasn't dodgy to begin with.

That's a different scam, nothing like as lucrative and pretty much not possible any more.

You bring in a bike in bits, declare and pay tax on the engine block to make the engine number legal, then register an engine change for an old frame so that your Honda Wave becomes a Suzuki Hayabusa, then you weld the old frame number into the new bike.

Pretty common in Pattaya a couple of decades ago, and semi-legitimate as the same thing was done with kit cars and plastic Lambo replicas - the police on Soi 8 even had one parked in front of the police station for a while.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

That's a different scam, nothing like as lucrative and pretty much not possible any more.

You bring in a bike in bits, declare and pay tax on the engine block to make the engine number legal, then register an engine change for an old frame so that your Honda Wave becomes a Suzuki Hayabusa, then you weld the old frame number into the new bike.

Pretty common in Pattaya a couple of decades ago, and semi-legitimate as the same thing was done with kit cars and plastic Lambo replicas - the police on Soi 8 even had one parked in front of the police station for a while.

I remember the import of high end cars for a low tax about 10 years ago and pretty recently and some had to do with parts, but I don't remember anyone except the customs officers being involved or confiscations by police then making a reward and then buying the same cars and reselling them to wash everything..

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

It's a well known scam.

It was not only known, it was condoned. One of Prayuth's primary tasks is to shelter and protect the most corrupt in Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

It was not only known, it was condoned. One of Prayuth's primary tasks is to shelter and protect the most corrupt in Thailand. 

Well it would be as that is exactly why he was put there by his master

With the bikes below 400cc they were usually bought cheap at auctions broken down a bit to be imported as spares and then rebuilt.

Many of the larger cc high value bikes such as harley's  were stolen probably by yakuza associates.

There was one very high profile case of a Japanese Harley enthusiast identifying his bike while on holiday in thailand.

There was also a phase of high end car being stolen to order in the uk and shipped to thailand.

At least one shipment was intercepted by uk police.

I don't see how this sort of thing can go on without high level connections.

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

They do have a special instinct for these things. 

Always a good sideshow. 

Kudos.

6 minutes ago, Rain said:

Always a good sideshow. 

Kudos.

Exactly , they didn't get the title of the best organised state sponsored mafia organisation by luck 😉

33 minutes ago, Rain said:

Always a good sideshow. 

Kudos.

You maybe got that sooo right. Basic instinct. Some kids used to dream of becoming a policeman and helping keep society safe, and maybe back in the day here some kids dreamed of becoming one of them on the force and having that special instinct. I see it as they see it as all a game.

You shouldn’t find this unusual, the Elite and Privileged rule Thailand with archaic laws and regulations. MONEY, as is true of many parts of the world, weighs heavily In determining Justice.

8 hours ago, BJoe said:

You shouldn’t find this unusual, the Elite and Privileged rule Thailand with archaic laws and regulations. MONEY, as is true of many parts of the world, weighs heavily In determining Justice.

Murder is never a problem to avoid justice from in Thailand, the only dependencies are your wealth and/or position.