Major Internet Outage Now Facebook WhatsApp Instagram Down

NCC1701A

Ah-ha. Now I know what is going, except I don’t t know what is going on. Was watching videos like the Deadliest Catch through FB and it went Kabamo frozen . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So is it an alien invasion? Commie China or the brat from N. Korea or the other commie Comrad Commie country? 

most likely. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

So is it an alien invasion? Commie China or the brat from N. Korea or the other commie Comrad Commie country? 

Could be just a broken cable somewhere 

• Haha 1

Never noticed a thing - good riddance to them.  I look forward to when the world becomes sane again and they are irrelevant to people's lives - maybe in another lifetime after all this progressive liberal minority crap dies off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Never noticed a thing - good riddance to them.  I look forward to when the world becomes sane again and they are irrelevant to people's lives - maybe in another lifetime after all this progressive liberal minority crap dies off. 

Political correctness is the bain of a normal persons life these days. Sure if you are bigoted, part of the minority life style camp, or just basically thin skinned and emotionally unstable I can understand why the pc movement can fall into their ideals of a lifestyle by attempting to make the majority conform to the minority, something we see happening everyday, but for all normal people born when the world was a better place and had not heard of "snowflake",  "woke" and when the word gay meant to be carefree and cheerful, this current trend can only lead to more outlandish behaviour by society. Well that is my opinion anyway.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

FB_IMG_1633399145059.jpg.f8ee26e421d2ae0f2f942e3c4d94fbaa.jpg

This "outage" was even bigger than I thought. Employee access badges, nope. Company issued cellphones, nope. Work-from-Home software nope. Login with Facebook - where you use your FB credentials to access other websites, like Smart Home products, nope. This affected billions of people.

This story from the NYT goes into depth: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/04/technology/facebook-down.html

The two most interesting parts of the story are: 1) "The company apologized for the outage. “We’re sorry,” it said on Twitter after its apps started becoming accessible again. “Thank you for bearing with us.” 😆

And: "Correction: Oct. 4, 2021

"An earlier version of this article misstated a Facebook team’s means of getting access to server computers at a data center in Santa Clara, Calif. The team did not have to cut through a cage using an industrial angle grinder."

Which means: "Oh, yes they did."

Here's my take: it was done by the US NSA. They've got the chops and the feds needed to send a message to Zuck explaining what life under an authoritarian government would be like. FaceBook needed to be reigned in and I think today we heard the whip crack.

56 minutes ago, JamesE said:

56 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Here's my take: it was done by the US NSA. They've got the chops and the feds needed to send a message to Zuck explaining what life under an authoritarian government would be like. FaceBook needed to be reigned in and I think today we heard the whip crack.

It wouldn't surprise me.

omg assbook is down... what can we do!!!  national crisis.... no one will know when you last took a crap or went to a restaurant... omg....

Possibly many lives saved today, no idiots crossing roads looking at phones.

Possibly many marriage break ups too, finally looked at what they married.

Possibly many soon to be rich shrinks, "I didn't have Facebook today, my life is in ruins"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, palooka said:

Possibly many lives saved today, no idiots crossing roads looking at phones.

Possibly many marriage break ups too, finally looked at what they married.

Possibly many soon to be rich shrinks, "I didn't have Facebook today, my life is in ruins"

Agree with 2 & 3.

1 will be people getting killed while jabbing their phone and desperately wondering where Face**** went.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Transam said:

Well at least we didn't get Chinese lingo come up on the screen.....😱

Oh no, you will start the anti vaxxers of again 😆