Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

On 7/2/2022 at 9:24 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Closer and closer!

The 3/4hp Franke garbage gobbler is sold Worldwide so I can't imagine why you would have problems with 'power' .... assume it doesn't rotate fast enough/too sluggish?

Or do you mean it has no 'electrical power', doesn't operate at all?  Did you reset the red overload button? 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:21 AM, KaptainRob said:

Did you reset the red overload button? 

We tried it all! It was dead!

15 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Work just never stops!

You mentioned about one of your pictures being off centre due to the electric cable running vertically down the centre of the wall.

It reminds of back in the UK decades ago when I repaired central heating systems and needed to locate pipes hidden in the wall (some microbore systems were 6mm or 8mm copper pipe). I had a small hand-held metal detector.
It was also good when I needed to screw into the wall, to avoid electric cables as well.

Not to sure how it might work in Thailand with plastic water pipes though.
I see they're 200B on Lazada. At that price it probably means it will last all of ten minutes before it fails. 🙄

• Like 1

Another comment from the peanut gallery. Those posts in front look too close for a car to ease through easily  haha

The gate should be made of metal with wheels and at least a 10' wide opening, 12' is recommended in the US.  If no concrete underneath may not work and you just use barn door type, contractor may advise correctly

slide-gate-bi-parting.jpg

Edited by ExpatPattaya
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

The gate should be made of metal with wheels and at least a 10' wide opening, 12' is recommended in the US. 

Standard width is, or should be, 4 metres in Thailand.
Time to get the tape measure out, Greg!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faz said:

Standard width is, or should be, 4 metres in Thailand.
Time to get the tape measure out, Greg!

10 feet 8 inches wide! Same as my carport.

All I do is walk around with a tape measure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Those posts in front look too close for a car to ease through easily  haha

10 feet 8 inches- same as my carport. A bus can fit!

10 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Was that an attempt at humor?

No, that is the average size of a unit in Europe🤣

Your place is looking great Greg. Keep the videos coming.

• Like 1

Thai's know to NOT put paper down a toilet so it may have been a farang who caused the blockage OR perhaps you didn't have a waste bin adjacent the throne?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Thai's know to NOT put paper down a toilet so it may have been a farang who caused the blockage OR perhaps you didn't have a waste bin adjacent the throne?

Took a bit of getting used to but when we moved to our house the wife told me straight ' no paper down the toilet!' I thought I was back holidaying in Greece in the 1970's!

A regularly emptied waste bin for the paper as you say is all that's needed. Definitely guilty foreigner 😀.

And those blue plastic pipes can be real problem for sure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Took a bit of getting used to but when we moved to our house the wife told me straight ' no paper down the toilet!' I thought I was back holidaying in Greece in the 1970's!

My Buddha, I remember those Greek toilets.....🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Can't recall the last time I used toilet paper, which is supposed to be disposed of in a suitable rubbish bin, preferably with a lid. I don't use the bum gun either at home - why, when the toilet is usually next to a shower unit.

A bit of soap and water, no messy rubbish bin, no spray up the toilet lid, and a squeaky clean bum. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Faraday said:

My Buddha, I remember those Greek toilets.....🤢

My 1st time in Greece, 70's, our beach didn't have any toilets 💩 

6 minutes ago, Faz said:

I don't use the bum gun either at home - why, when the toilet is usually next to a shower unit.

A bit of soap and water, no messy rubbish bin, no spray up the toilet lid, and a squeaky clean bum. 

I do same when Downunder, unless at a family home where I've already fitted bum guns.

• Like 3

This topic is going down the pan very quickly, and that's more that can be said for other waste produce by the sound of it.

I didn't realise that Thailand had a paper problem, we buy the Scott 3 ply extra absorbency tissue with built in cleggy cleats from Makro by the wagon load, and one flush and it's all gone, pity the smell doesn't go with it too.🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1