Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

22 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose!

Is that a Journey reference? 😁

When we built our place 5 years ago, the contractor put down Mitsubishi by default for the five aircon units but was uneasy about Mitsubishi fans, which I wanted just for the sake of simplicity. Ended up reluctantly going with Javalo Elf fans. Expensive, but great, no complaints from me.

Conclusion:

Mitsubishi AC = good. 
Mitsubishi ceiling fans = not so much

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 8:03 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Electrical Upgrade On a Sunday?

I'm surprised what looks like single insulated wiring run inside HDPE water pipe is permitted by PEA in your region.   In Chiang Mai they insist on double insulated cable inside red-stripe HDPE.

image.png.a1d59b831b78cb5694b66299d926a4c0.png

15 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Kitchen Tile and Dirt! I know! How stupid is that?

Is that an insinkerator/garbage gobbler sink waste?  If so, is it plumbed to the septic system?

A good tip is to also install an under bench water filtration system (3 stage at least) with spout on one side of the sink ... saves on bought water for drinking and/or cooking.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:03 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Electrical Upgrade On a Sunday?

You said you’ve paid extra to have the mains electric supply run underground on your land. Was this part of the original spec for the house, or was it a last-minute decision?

I’m interested, due the fact the staff are having to dig up the new concrete in order to bury the cable.
If it was a late decision, fair enough.
If however it was part of the original spec, that would suggest disorganisation by the builder.

I take it the connection box on the metal pole (aluminium or some other coated metal I’d hope) connects the cables between the supply from the PEA to the feed to the house?
I hope the box is waterproof with a decent IP rating, otherwise I can see problems in the rainy season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Transam said:

Although 15 years back, my mains feed, 24sqmm, is run underground in I think 1.5" blue pipe, the pipe has an upright next to the outside pole with a 90* cap on top, so can see where the supply starts and goes underground. Even the fibre optic Net is hidden, but outside my place is a different story....🙄

PS. They have just erected new high tension poles, I think they are going to sort out their wiring jumble and run new stuff on the new poles, which are waaay taller..I hope..😋

Something else that has sprung to my mind:
Is it worth marking the underground cable route, to avoid anyone putting a spade though the cable in a few years time?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Transam said:

Although 15 years back, my mains feed, 24sqmm, is run underground in I think 1.5" blue pipe, the pipe has an upright next to the outside pole with a 90* cap on top, so can see where the supply starts and goes underground. Even the fibre optic Net is hidden, but outside my place is a different story....🙄

PS. They have just erected new high tension poles, I think they are going to sort out their wiring jumble and run new stuff on the new poles, which are waaay taller..I hope..😋

Do you mean blue PVC water pipe, or HDPE blue stripe ... eg the HDPE red stripe electrical conduit looks like this >

image.png.79dfd8132c7b238311637c3bef0854f3.png 

Red stripe indicates ELECTRIC to anyone digging, and is available with large radius joiners and bends to carry double-insulated cable. 

PEA rules and inspections vary by region and/or inspector.  Some play by the book others don't seem to know there is a rule book but it's all to do with safety.

Blue strike indicates water pipe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Something else that has sprung to my mind:
Is it worth marking the underground cable route, to avoid anyone putting a spade though the cable in a few years time?

Could be a shocking experience for the digger ⚡ 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Transam said:

I used to work on mains in London, a zillion years back, all electric services were underground, but, like the street mains the service cable was armoured with steel wire or early stuff was steel banded. Very few callouts for cable damage. 

We installed armoured cable in conduit, copper cored for best conductivity, similar to this >

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqTV7IR4gDsOfttEMIXFo

Wasn't cheap but we don't want to be replacing it any time this century 😀  Aluminium is cheaper but you've got to go heavier gauge.

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Railings look very good, SS wire I assume?

Looks good, but is it practical.
Thinking kids standing and climbing on the steel rails, as they do. 🤔

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, Faz said:

Thinking kids standing and climbing on the steel rails, as they do

Kids? Like that is going to happen! I like a kid free zone as much as possible!

• Like 1