Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

39 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Don’t leave those sticky protective films on too long (red/white) after a while they become like Cristian Ronaldo …….. never want to come off !!

It's blue low tack tape. Comes off easy, even after days without removing the underlying paint.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

A little soccer joke for an American, not sure how that’s gonna work

You get a Turquoise card for that remark. Is that the right color?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Bay window and more paint!

Did they have a bogof day (buy one get one free) when you bought the orange paint Greig?😧😉

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Did they have a bogof day

Just wait till the artwork and furniture goes in, and oh yeah- there is a damn front door not lighting up that wall. You will be amazed!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

(buy one get one free)

Oh, and I forgot- When they were passing out looks, you thought they said books, and you got a scary one.🤨

• Haha 1

Greg, slightly off topic question here.

I see you have a Corolla Cross and as you have done a few kilometres and no doubt carried some heavy or odd shaped articles:

How is the load carrying experience ? roomy ?

How is the fuel consumption ? 

How’s the power , 1.8 right ?, should be good.

Presumably you got the hybrid version ?, how do you like that ?

Any obvious pros or cons ?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:20 AM, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Any obvious pros or cons ?

Loving the car so far. It is a hybrid, but I have no mileage stats to list since I have not tried to do the math yet. It have great power, easy to pass anything on the highway and love the safety features. It does not have navigation on the screen, which would have been nice.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Ok Dwizzley, since you are the only one who seems to look anymore, here is a fun one!

Am sure more people watch Greg, not everyone acknowledges with a “ like “ though.

Seems like you get good service from the mosquito guys , I live in a moobahn and get the economy service !!

I live in a small sub soi, cul de sac with 6 houses, 3 on each side, and they don’t even come down the soi  never mind going into individual gardens !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Am sure more people watch Greg, not everyone acknowledges with a “ like “ though.

Seems like you get good service from the mosquito guys , I live in a moobahn and get the economy service !!

I live in a small sub soi, cul de sac with 6 houses, 3 on each side, and they don’t even come down the soi  never mind going into individual gardens !!

May depend on your area, there is a Dange dengue outbreak down south,

Edited by Faz
typo correction.
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:31 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Time to get Cool!

Coincidentally, I have five Mitsubishi units in my place as well.

Out of interest, what is the peak power bill in Thailand at the hottest time of the year?

Here in Japan, it’s anywhere from 8000 yen /THB2100 (April) to 20000 yen / THB 5200 (July).

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Out of interest, what is the peak power bill in Thailand at the hottest time of the year?

Here in Japan, it’s anywhere from 8000 yen /THB2100 (April) to 20000 yen / THB 5200 (July).

Depends on the size of house, number of occupants but for 2 persons the range would be 1200 bt to 3500 bt.  The latter is our highest monthly bill which includes pool and irrigation system pumps making up to 50% of the total.   The 1200 bt is with fans and 2 aircon units seldom used except for evenings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:02 AM, BigHewer said:

I will know that in about a year. My In Laws home has no AC, so I have nothing to compare it to.

• Thanks 1