Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

18 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Base was 1,950,000 Baht. The land was purchased 6 years ago and not included in the numbers I provided.

We estimate our wall with cost around $7,000 USD with labor.

OK, I just guessed at 30B/US$.

Out of interest how long is the wall going to be, and how high?
I just went and measured one that was built fairly recently: 1.8M high with vertical reinforcing posts every 2.5M.

Ours is concrete blocks used all the way to the top, with horizontal reinforcing on the top sill. No fancy metalwork to enable you to see though the wall, as used in Thaidup's photo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Out of interest how long is the wall going to be, and how high?

Our perimeter is 60 M long and 20 M wide.

Will be about 180 cm tall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Our perimeter is 60 M long and 20 M wide.

Will be about 180 cm tall.

The entire perimeter is 160M then. New-fangled electric sliding gate for access?
$7,000 is about 210,000 Baht, divided by 160 makes it 1,300 Baht/metre.
It's not far off the 1,200 Baht I mentioned earlier.

Will it be concrete blocks all the way to the top, or are you going to have some metal framework towards the top to allow a view?

• Cool 1

17 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

New-fangled electric sliding gate for access?

We hope for an electric gate- maybe try turning up the volume when I talk on these videos.🤣

I even provided some visuals when discussing the wall. Here is a refresher course below. If you fall asleep in class again, the cheerleaders will be sent over for your spanking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

We hope for an electric gate- maybe try turning up the volume when I talk on these videos.🤣

I even provided some visuals when discussing the wall. Here is a refresher course below. If you fall asleep in class again, the cheerleaders will be sent over for your spanking.

Thanks for the refresher course.

I do remember the concrete frames that go around the windows, and I also remember about your front door opening the wrong way.
I must have blinked during the wall and electric gate part. Or maybe it's just my crap memory, George.

Will the cheerleaders be wearing very short skirts for my punishment? If so, I could well fall asleep again.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Will the cheerleaders be wearing very short skirts for my punishment? If so, I could well fall asleep again.

I knew I could wake up your attention span!🤣

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Oh Man it is Hot!

So it's your wife's birthday today - mine also! Happy birthday to them both.

• Like 1

There are only 212 known bathrooms in all of Thailand where a person 6`4 inches tall (193cm), can see their own head in a mirror. We just added two more! Boom!

Mirror 2.jpg

Mirror one.jpg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

There are only 212 known bathrooms in all of Thailand where a person 6`4 inches tall (193cm), can see their own head in a mirror. We just added two more! Boom!

I didn't realise you had included our bathroom in the 212?
I'm a midget at only 1m85 (6'1" in old money) but I can see my head in our bathroom mirror, with plenty of space above my head.
I needed it at a proper height for shaving.

• Haha 1

Don’t leave those sticky protective films on too long (red/white) after a while they become like Cristian Ronaldo …….. never want to come off !!

A little soccer joke for an American, not sure how that’s gonna work 🤔

• Like 1